Ernest Jones Traded to Titans

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Brasilrams

UDFA
Name
Victor Galvao
Reeder and Rozeboom missed together 6 tackles in the AZ game ALONE .

EJ didn't miss that many in the ENTIRE 2023 season . His first game against the titans he played half the game , now in the second game he played the entire game and was the beast he usually is . Got 7 tackles , 2 TFL and 2 passes deflections.

Anytime a team gashes you on the ground you can be sure your front 4 AND your ILBs are not playing well . We allowed 173 yards to detroit and 231 yard to the cards on the ground. That is worse than bad , that is F****** PATHETIC.

Trading EJ for a bag of chips was a horrible decision . But mcvay said he thought "it was the best decision for this football team " .

I wonder what he thinks about the 6 missed tackles by his current ILBs duo .
I’m sorry, I got that wrong. It wasn't 6 missed tackles by our ILB duo, but 8 in the AZ game—6 for Rozeboom and 2 for Reeder. As I mentioned, EJ didn't miss that many tackles during his entire 2023 season.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Who actually thought Reeder was going to be the starting lber when the Rams made this move? It was supposed to be speights, who pushed Jones out the door.

If the Rams made this move with the knowledge that Reeder would be the starter, yikes.

dang

Legend
It was completely predictable that the Titans would get everything Jones has, and I expected this. It was predictable everyone would shit on the Rams for it too. And hey maybe you'll be right.

But I keep going back to the fact that Jones is a 4.7 ILB. And he don't run anything near a 4.7 now. He's a big boy. He's physical. Man we could have used that in the first two games too. But long term there's a reasonable chance the Rams come out of this looking good, or at least looking like it was a sound business decision.

Clearly they were impressed by Speights in preseason. How could they not be, the kid played his ass off. He's not gonna be Warner or anything crazy either. But if he can give us downhill run fills and good tackling in space he will be an upgrade over Reeder and maybe not too great a dropoff from Jones long term and fits the Rams' model of not paying big money to ILB.
I don’t believe most posters have a problem with the long term decision to not resign Jones. We have to trust McSnead for that decision. But it seems very curious they let him go this year when there is such a void in talent at that position. And while not the only reason for 2 losses they have been exposed twice already.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
The biggest problem is that we need TWO starting ILBers. And right now we have possibly one, and he's not starting yet. Jones should have been kept and made to play, he was under contract.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
He had the knee issue in college. He was no ironman with us. And the knee in fact affected his availability in this past camp.

Him "not showing it" in Tennessee could be many things. I suspect it is he wants to be paid. But let's wait and see how things shake out.
Agree that we need to ultimately wait for things to play out however it's looking extremely horrible right now. I think the camp thing of him not practicing was a ploy to avoid injury and possibly put pressure on the Rams to pay him but who truly knows. I see us trading him as a huge mistake made and I am more than ok eating crow if I'm wrong. I hope I am wrong but I'm getting major tingles on this one :laugh1::laugh2::laugh3:

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
This is a McVay & Snead rebuild. Most coach/GM combos that will come with a truckload of losses as they restack the roster. With McVay though it comes with playoffs and actual hope.

I think this fan base is spoiled as fuck. And by the way I have no problem criticizing McVay. I do it too. But while criticizing him one must keep perspective that they're nitpicking a truly great head coach.
The very definition of fandom. Think McVay made a dumbass decision on EJ but I'm still extremely happy he's our coach.