Aaron Donald Retires

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
I'm pretty sad. I purchased SSLs this year, and really was looking forward to watching him play more often. I'm going to miss having the best defensive football player on our team. But congrats to him on a wonderful career. Unarguable 1st ballot HOF, star of the class when the time comes.

KA210927

Rookie
Name
Kevin
We are so lucky to have watched him for 10 years. He will be greatly missed! Top 5 rams GOATs!

This is a shocker though and heart breaker for those wanting to make a run these next 2 years. I hope we can use his cap space wisely.

muggmeister

Rookie
Too bad the announcement came AFTER the Arik Armstead signing in Jacksonville. We might have been players there.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Conor Mcgregor GIF by UFC

View: https://x.com/FB_FilmAnalysis/status/1768678033035288822?s=20

Last edited:

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
Thank you and good luck to you and your family Aaron! Easily my all time favorite Rams player. Sundays wont be the same without you brother.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Draft Jer'Zhan Newton, might have to trade up to do it, but I would.
Doubt we'd have to trade up for him. Murphy, potentially.
His retirement will act as of a June 1st release, to spread out his cap hit. Actually saves $1.2M this year, but will add $19M dead cap hits in 25' & 26'

View attachment 64796
Ugh. So a team gets punished for a player retiring? You'd think none of that should count against the cap as we no longer have the player and it was out of our power. A 20m cap hit the next 3 years is very punishing considering we dont have the player and did not cut them.

Psycho_X

Legend

Ugh. So a team gets punished for a player retiring? You'd think none of that should count against the cap as we no longer have the player and it was out of our power. A 20m cap hit the next 3 years is very punishing considering we dont have the player and did not cut them.
It does suck but otherwise teams could just jam a bunch of void years on players contracts who they think will retire in a couple of years and have no repercussions to avoid cap issues today. The void year system can catch up to you quickly if you abuse it too much.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
They've known about it since at least the combine based on Jourdan's earlier observations.
It's truly baffling if they knew he was retiring and STILL didn't attack FA and go after a premier EDGE or DL.

Truly baffling.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott

Well, it was mostly bonus money already paid to him so not much you can do about it.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
Thanks for the memories, Mr. Donald you will be sorely missed but never forgotten! It was fun while it lasted.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
To put a positive spin on it, better to do it now with this roster, then if it happened during a yr where Stafford & Kupp also left and you are scrambling to resign guys like Turner, Avila, Puka, etc...

They can survive this and it's time for some young guys to step up.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Y

Yeah, that’s something that needs to be changed in the CBA. It’s one thing when a player is cut, but when one retires it unfairly punishes the team.