Aaron Donald Retires

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This feels like it came out of nowhere. Nothing but love for AD. Hell of a run. One of the best NFL players of all time. He got his ring, and that makes me happy. Hope his post-NFL career is fulfilling. Glad he spent his entire career with the Rams.

younghutch

UDFA
Are the Rams seeing the future of the NFL?

AD has been getting held sooo much without getting the calls. The uncalled holding in the last Super Bowl was ridiculous.

Is this a situation where the tea leaves show that the NFL trend is to take emphasis AWAY from the D-lines (QB safety, dontcha know) and shifting the "protected class" to the O-lines? If so, it would help explain the Rams' charge toward paying guards and away from chasing edge rushers.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
What a run it was. Thanks AD. Fair winds and following seas to you and family. :trophy:

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
It's truly baffling if they knew he was retiring and STILL didn't attack FA and go after a premier EDGE or DL.

Truly baffling.
Maybe their wasn't a premier edge or DL in their price range. Had they gone after one guy, it would have limited the ability to upgrade multiple units like they did.

So they beefed up the OL, which will help the defense by sustaining more drives and putting up points.

They upgraded the secondary, which was much needed, and tougher position for a rookie to excel.

And they added a much needed vet TE with upside.

They can still sign a cheaper vet DT for depth, draft a talented kid with upside. There will be guys there in the first 75 picks that can help. Then Turner needs to continue to excel and Desjuan Johnson needs to step up as well this yr.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Happy and Sad, What a great career and great Ram. Sucks as a fan and makes us take a step back this offseason. Im sure the Rams knew about this and are prepared to address this.

Thanks for 10 great years AD.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
They must be partying hard in Seattle. Need to go watch a vid of him sacking Wilson to feel better.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Don
Congrats to the big man, so happy he shared his GOAT HOG career with us And I got to see it

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Maybe their wasn't a premier edge or DL in their price range. Had they gone after one guy, it would have limited the ability to upgrade multiple units like they did.

So they beefed up the OL, which will help the defense by sustaining more drives and putting up points.

They upgraded the secondary, which was much needed, and tougher position for a rookie to excel.

And they added a much needed vet TE with upside.

They can still sign a cheaper vet DT for depth, draft a talented kid with upside. There will be guys there in the first 75 picks that can help. Then Turner needs to continue to excel and Desjuan Johnson needs to step up as well this yr.
I agree with Otto, still baffling. They could have went harder at some help if they knew AD was retiring. We now are even much more deficient at our pass rush.

Londoner

Twitchy sophomore.
I cannot believe this. It’s put a real dampener on my day…

Enjoy your retirement, AD. The word “legend” is overused, but you truly are one.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
When I first saw the title, I thought "announced?" - maybe a year or two away...
I didn't initially think it was yesterday....

I'm shocked, I tell ya.

Congrats AD - thanks for the jewelry & memories!! :fistbump1:

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I will also add that up until last yr the Rams pretty much ignored DL because they had Donald. He was their crutch to not invest highly in the DL.

Now maybe we can have 2 or 3 high level guys instead of Donald and a just a couple try hard types or vet stop gaps.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
On paper this leaves us with likely the worst pass rush in the league. Our only real contenders are the awful Cards in that regard. Still just gutted here. We really should have been in play for Armstead since the brass knew about this all along.

Spider2YB

Pro Bowler
Let’s say it’s mid December and this team is rolling and gearing up for a potentially deep playoff run.

What’s the legality of AD99 deciding he’d like one more crack at the postseason? Could he come back if he wanted to for a late season push?

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
On paper this leaves us with likely the worst pass rush in the league. Our only real contenders are the awful Cards in that regard. Still just gutted here. We really should have been in play for Armstead since the brass knew about this all along.
They've been developing last year's Mr. Irrelevant.

Help is in house.

TheBunk

Rookie
Not even going to speculate about what it means for us at the moment. I'm happy for the best to ever do it. Great career.