OFFICIAL 2024 NFL Trades, cuts, free agency, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I think he's asked to do a lot more than Fuller is so that might be part of it. But PFF gave him a much higher grade last year so this was a bit of a progression but I think that's expected from some players from year to year. Especially in the secondary. But he brings a toughness that I don't think we've had in the secondary for a long time. And some intelligence too TBH

Yesterday, on the Darious Williams thread, someone posted a PFF article, from late in the season, rating their top-cornerbacks in the NFL in 2024.

Sauce Gardner and Jaylon Johnson were 1 and 2 ... OK

Taron Johnson was 6 ... Michael Carter was 7 ... Christian Benford was 13

Marcus Peters was 16 ... Marcus Peters!!!

Isaiah Oliver was 18. The 49ers benched Oliver before mid-season; and waived him last month.

dang

Legend
I'm honestly in a wait and see approach on this one. Seems like his calling card is being versatile based on what I read. I know PFF isn't an end all be all, but he was ranked 50 as a safety whereas Fuller was 48. I'm not sure if he's truly an upgrade or not. Upside is he's young and improving. Hope he's not our big name news because that, at least to me, would be disappointing. In the meantime, welcome to the Rams and hope you ball out for us!
Fuller was terrible in coverage. Understanding that pff is NOT the sole determinator - how did their pff pass coverage ratings compare?

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Fuller was terrible in coverage. Understanding that pff is NOT the sole determinator - how did their pff pass coverage ratings compare?

Fuller had 63.3 and Curl 67.8 for pass coverage. Fuller had a way better grade in run defense at 75 whereas Curl only had 63.1. I'm just gonna be patient and see how he pans out for us. He's in a different scheme under a different coach so those scores could change for the better.

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
Yesterday, on the Darious Williams thread, someone posted a PFF article, from late in the season, rating their top-cornerbacks in the NFL in 2024.

Isaiah Oliver was 18. The 49ers benched Oliver before mid-season; and waived him last month.
And DWill was #3 yet Jax cut him and we got him for a song. PFF is fugazi.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
And DWill was #3 yet Jax cut him and we got him for a song. PFF is fugazi.
I'm sure it's useful at times, but no way it tells the whole story. No way of knowing what the scheme may ask of players or if the coaches are trying to fit square pegs into a round hole.....ok that sounded nasty hahahaha

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Not sure if this was shared

Screenshot_20240315_052952_Samsung Internet.jpg

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Alright Jake, todays the day for the big name move, better not disappoint. I can't promise what posters will come after you and what their intentions are. We got some disturbing folks on here hahahaha

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Alright Jake, todays the day for the big name move, better not disappoint. I can't promise what posters will come after you and what their intentions are. We got some disturbing folks on here hahahaha
You didn’t hear ?
We signed Tampon Girl. I mean, Kamron Curl

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm honestly in a wait and see approach on this one. Seems like his calling card is being versatile based on what I read. I know PFF isn't an end all be all, but he was ranked 50 as a safety whereas Fuller was 48. I'm not sure if he's truly an upgrade or not. Upside is he's young and improving. Hope he's not our big name news because that, at least to me, would be disappointing. In the meantime, welcome to the Rams and hope you ball out for us!
Here's PFF analysis:
3rd rated FA Safety -- S KAMREN CURL, WASHINGTON Commodes
2024 Free agency rank: 21
Curl has quietly been one of the more underrated players in the NFL over the past several seasons, with his status as a seventh-rounder and his name getting lost in the shuffle on a defense that, up until this year’s trade deadline, was riddled with first-round talent.

Curl can line up anywhere and is as consistent as safeties come on a down-to-down basis, possessing good instincts and a clear understanding of how to manipulate leverage and angles in the open field.

Top free agent comparison: Rodney McLeod, 2016

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Yeah I like pff for their draft analysis and their analytics in relation to team building (they were well ahead of everyone else on the "running backs don't matter" thing) but I don't take their grades as gospel. At one point Tutu Atwell was one of their highest graded receivers.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Say what you will about noteboom but he was very valuable coming into the side when a lineman went down. If the Rams are happy with his price now then I'm happy.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Vikings traded a couple second rounders to Houston for the 23rd overall pick, giving Minnesota #11 and #23 ... attempt to package for a move-up to select a Quarterback? ... J.J. McCarthy???

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Vikings traded a couple second rounders to Houston for the 23rd overall pick, giving Minnesota #11 and #23 ... attempt to package for a move-up to select a Quarterback? ... J.J. McCarthy???
That seems like a really bad return for Houston.