OFFICIAL 2024 NFL Trades, cuts, free agency, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Vikings traded a couple second rounders to Houston for the 23rd overall pick, giving Minnesota #11 and #23 ... attempt to package for a move-up to select a Quarterback? ... J.J. McCarthy???
I still see JJ as a big risk. But desperate times call for desperate measures.

I think they really want Daniels, who comes with his own risk. The Vikings tried to trade up to pick Anthony Richardson last April. I think they want a QB who can really run the ball.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I still see JJ as a big risk. But desperate times call for desperate measures.

I think they really want Daniels, who comes with his own risk. The Vikings tried to trade up to pick Anthony Richardson last April. I think they want a QB who can really run the ball.
FWIW, the McVay/Shannahan sxs is based on attacking intermediately over the middle. Daniels was bottom of college football doing that. No guarantee that they don't try to get Daniels but it O'Connell would have to change his offense quite a bit.

JJ while having a lower ceiling than Daniels and a mystery box in general, can throw over the middle.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Vikings might be desperate enough to grab Nix at 11, which would be a homerun for us.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
FWIW, the McVay/Shannahan sxs is based on attacking intermediately over the middle. Daniels was bottom of college football doing that. No guarantee that they don't try to get Daniels but it O'Connell would have to change his offense quite a bit.

JJ while having a lower ceiling than Daniels and a mystery box in general, can throw over the middle.
Any idea how Anthony Richardson was at throwing over the middle?

BTW, I think Jayden Daniels comes with a lot of questions and may be the biggest bust in the draft. But teams talk themselves into QBs, as I’m sure you know.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
With the Bears adding another WR, I'm a bit more nervous about them now grabbing an edge and screwing us. I'd say they are going edge or tackle at 9 now. IMO, their tackles were better then their 2nd edge (Walker was not good last year and should only be a backup). I'd lean them going edge unfortunately.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Any idea how Anthony Richardson was at throwing over the middle?

BTW, I think Jayden Daniels comes with a lot of questions and may be the biggest bust in the draft. But teams talk themselves into QBs, as I’m sure you know.
No clue TBH, but it seemed like some teams really felt like they had to predict with Richardson some cause the Florida offense was such a sh*tshow.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is to trade up for McCarty. They could have likely got Nix with the 2nd rounder they traded.
I'm starting to very much doubt Nix gets to 2nd. With as many desperate QB needy teams, he's seems the clear 5th option and there are at least 5 teams desperate for a QB. NEP, LVR, DEN, WAS, MIN, CHI. 6 teams that are really desperate. I'd wager a fair amount he doesn't see the 2nd.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well Reader would have been very nice, but he signed with Lions yesterday. No real impact guys left.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame

@ottoman89 when he sees this
phone smash GIF

Last edited:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Vikings tried to trade up to pick Anthony Richardson last April. I think they want a QB who can really run the ball.
McCarthy can run with the best of them. Just because he didn’t do it much doesn’t mean he can’t. I may be his biggest detractor as a player but have to acknowledge his skill set.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
With the Bears adding another WR, I'm a bit more nervous about them now grabbing an edge and screwing us. I'd say they are going edge or tackle at 9 now. IMO, their tackles were better then their 2nd edge (Walker was not good last year and should only be a backup). I'd lean them going edge unfortunately.
Would make sense to marry their rookie QB with a stud LT.

KA210927

Rookie
Name
Kevin
On the bright side the Rams can commit more cap toward the offense. I think that is what mcsnead wants to do.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I like Rozeboom more than Reeder at least.
Actually I have come to the determination that Reeder should not be on the team. So if it's Rozeboom or Hummel or even Twiddle Dee, I like them better then Reeder.