OFFICIAL 2024 NFL Trades, cuts, free agency, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Most Seahawks fans on Howell trade:

Reaction Confused GIF
Well, in all fairness, that is most Seahawks fans on most everything related to the game.

dang

Legend
I'd think the trade compensation would quickly clear it up, in the rare chance Allen actually gets traded. I think Allen nets 2 1st's and Burns, well we saw that already.

Also (I'll say the same thing I always do, PFF isn't the end all be all, but it is a study done on each player), Allen is the #11 rated Edge prospect in the NFL, Burns is #38 behind such luminaries as the great Carl Granderson, Boye Mafe, and the FA Chase Young.

Allen produced 19 sacks last year. Burns 9. 90 QB pressures to 40 pressures. I'll still stick to they aren't terribly close as players, though perhaps "not even remotely close" was a bit too harsh. I'm not a huge Burns guy in case you can't tell :laugh1:
So it sounds like you are agreeing with the original post: Allen>Burns

I thought you were disagreeing. My bad.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Well, in all fairness, that is most Seahawks fans on most everything related to the game.
Seems that way. Like they all came into existence after that Super Bowl or something. :laugh3:

KA210927

Rookie
Name
Kevin
Any chance the rams are interested in Hollywood Brown? I can’t help but think he fits the speedy mold McVay likes…

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Why?
Do you want the Rams to pay $7.5M for their 2nd off-ball-LB; and play him 50% of the snaps?

I would like an upgrade from Rozeboom and Reeder but the Rams can't afford a Devin White.

We can afford people but it would be at the cost of future cap. Wonder if the Rams are reserving that for a bigger move this year. Makes me wonder if they are also doing that wait and see approach and trading for a star on a shit team mid season so it gives em time to assess the progress of our young roster.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Why?
Do you want the Rams to pay $7.5M for their 2nd off-ball-LB; and play him 50% of the snaps?

I would like an upgrade from Rozeboom and Reeder but the Rams can't afford a Devin White.
Yes, I'd like the Rams pay to improve the defense.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
We can afford people but it would be at the cost of future cap. Wonder if the Rams are reserving that for a bigger move this year.

The Rams can do some restructures to open-up cap space but there are limitations.

$7.5M for a second ILB that would only play 50% of the snaps doesn't strike me as a wise use of funds.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
The Rams can do some restructures to open-up cap space but there are limitations.

$7.5M for a second ILB that would only play 50% of the snaps doesn't strike me as a wise use of funds.
Oh trust me, I get why we'd hesitate to pay a LB when there are other needs. I only ask the question about a mid season trade since that seems to be an area the Rams have dipped into before. Trade for a good player off a struggling team mid season because by then, the coaching staff is more aware of the strengths and weaknesses of the roster.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Oh trust me, I get why we'd hesitate to pay a LB when there are other needs. I only ask the question about a mid season trade since that seems to be an area the Rams have dipped into before. Trade for a good player off a struggling team mid season because by then, the coaching staff is more aware of the strengths and weaknesses of the roster.
How can I trust you and your tingling testicles?!?

Seriously, I agree about flexibility for pre-season, early-season and trade-deadline additions.