OFFICIAL 2024 NFL Trades, cuts, free agency, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Can't see them getting rid of Allen, unlike Carolina the Jags are competing.
I agree. That's why I wrote "it's difficult for me to believe Jacksonville would trade" him.

Was trying to make the point that when fans think about trades, they mostly consider the player and his talent but do not consider the salary cap ramifications and/or the cost to acquire that player.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree. That's why I wrote "it's difficult for me to believe Jacksonville would trade" him.

Was trying to make the point that when fans think about trades, they mostly consider the player and his talent but do not consider the salary cap ramifications and/or the cost to acquire that player.
Have tried many times to make that same point. I hope you have better success than I have had.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Fans logic:
Jacksonville lost Ridley so they would probably trade Allen to the Rams for Tutu Atwell and Michael Hoecht.
Seems fair, although Jacksonville would probably need to add their 1st round pick and maybe a 2nd rounder in 2025.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
You are certainly entitled to your opinion. But the “not even remotely close” declaration makes me believe you haven’t done an objective comparison.
I'd think the trade compensation would quickly clear it up, in the rare chance Allen actually gets traded. I think Allen nets 2 1st's and Burns, well we saw that already.

Also (I'll say the same thing I always do, PFF isn't the end all be all, but it is a study done on each player), Allen is the #11 rated Edge prospect in the NFL, Burns is #38 behind such luminaries as the great Carl Granderson, Boye Mafe, and the FA Chase Young.

Allen produced 19 sacks last year. Burns 9. 90 QB pressures to 40 pressures. I'll still stick to they aren't terribly close as players, though perhaps "not even remotely close" was a bit too harsh. I'm not a huge Burns guy in case you can't tell :laugh1:

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
D.J Reader and Alim McNeill on the interior of the Lions' D-Line ... Yikes!
Reader was the heart of that Cincinnati d-line too. The Bengals' defence did not look even close to the same when he was out. Very glad we stole Jackson away from the Lions, because that team is getting scary in the trenches. They also signed Marcus Davenport on the defensive side. A sneaky favorite to be #1 in the NFC IMO as they also have quite a few weapons. Goff might be their limiting factor, and that is dangerous thing for the NFC. He is deadly with protection and a clear cut above other limiting QBs of NFC past like Purdy or Jimmy G. He can make all the throws with protection. Lots of arm talent. He went #1 overall for a reason.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Most Seahawks fans on Howell trade:

Reaction Confused GIF