GAME DAY TNF - Bills at Dolphins

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
He went full john wolford.

Definitely. It's one thing to risk some contact to pick up a critical first down or get across the goal line. But he already had the first. The little QBs need to realize these DBs are underpaid as hell compared to them and will not hesitate to fuck them up. Slide ffs.

Some guys are just stupid in terms of self preservation. I don't get it.

pvtdragon39

Rookie
Tua, please retire for your own sake! What is that, 10 Concussions in 3 years? He should have been mandatory to wear a guardian cap at this point of all people.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Sad day for Miami. Tua is out a minimum of 8 weeks and may call it a career.

Why would he not slide there? He was down by 3 touchdowns….

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If Tua retired, the Dolphins appear to owe him $125M.

How would that effect their cap?

Should Tagovailoa retire after suffering this latest concussion, the Dolphins could opt to honor the entirety of his $212.4 million contract like the Colts did with Andrew Luck.

They could also give him the minimum total without going after any of the signing bonus. Counting his $42 million signing bonus, Miami would pay a total of $167 million since it would be injury-related. That's $125 million in new money owed.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

IMO, he should call it a career. I expect Ryan Timothy Tannehill III to make a resurgence in South Beach. As to why he did not slide, I believe he wasn't sure he had the first down so he did not want to come up short with a slide, plus, he was not hit that hard, it was not helmet to helmet, but because he has had so many, it is obvious that he is susceptible to them now.

Retire while you still formulate an original thought.

Psycho_X

Legend
he was not hit that hard, it was not helmet to helmet, but because he has had so many, it is obvious that he is susceptible to them now.
That's the scary part of it all. It took nothing this time. Originally I thought it was when his head hit the ground but you can tell it happened when he just ran into Hamlin which cause him to go limp causing the head whip to the ground which I'm sure made it worse. Scary situation. I feel bad for the guy but silver lining he got his payday at least. He needs to enjoy it while he still can.

View: https://x.com/AdamSchefter/status/1834570265524568193

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame

Exactly I don't get why based on his injury history that he doesn't slide. If he slid there nobody would be talking about his latest concussion and that he should retire.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cant criticize the guy for being a competitor, that desire is what has gotten him to the highest level. Heat of the moment these guys arent "thinking" they are "reacting" and Tua's DNA is making the call. What I would find crazy is if Miami didnt have some provisions built in to that contract to protect themselves from a career ending concussion. There was talk of him needing to retire just a season ago, so to not have some protection in the contract would be literally insane.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Has that been reported (have not seen it), or is that your speculation?
The Miami Dolphins lost quarterback Tua Tagovailoa to a concussion in Thursday night's blowout loss to the Buffalo Bills, the third confirmed head injury suffered by the signal-caller in the last two years. If the concussion proves as "extreme" as it appeared Thursday, Tagovailoa could be sidelined a minimum of eight to 12 weeks, according to CBS Sports HQ injury expert Marty Jaramillo, though the quarterback's history of head trauma suggests "retirement has to at least be in play."

Psycho_X

Legend
If Tua retired, the Dolphins appear to owe him $125M.

How would that effect their cap?

Should Tagovailoa retire after suffering this latest concussion, the Dolphins could opt to honor the entirety of his $212.4 million contract like the Colts did with Andrew Luck.

They could also give him the minimum total without going after any of the signing bonus. Counting his $42 million signing bonus, Miami would pay a total of $167 million since it would be injury-related. That's $125 million in new money owed.
I'd consider Luck a bit different. He played several more full seasons and he was already half way through the contract he had when he retired. Tua has played 1.5 games into his new contract. But here's some clarity on the situation for him below. Sounds like he'd still get decent money if he is medically cleared and retires but would get a lot more if he is forced to retire for medical reasons.

View: https://x.com/spotrac/status/1834562740481937517

View: https://x.com/spotrac/status/1834581585519153161

Psycho_X

Legend
IF he actually wants to still play this does make a lot of sense. Depends on if he is just bullshitting about playing still or if he truly desires it. Miami has a suspect defense at best and not sure their o-line is all that great either so he'd probably be better off waiting to see if a top tier team needs a QB at end of year for Super Bowl push.

Anyway, I don't think this will happen just throwing gas on a fire lol,

View: https://x.com/_MLFootball/status/1834429353108594770

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
IF he actually wants to still play this does make a lot of sense. Depends on if he is just bullshitting about playing still or if he truly desires it. Miami has a suspect defense at best and not sure their o-line is all that great either so he'd probably be better off waiting to see if a top tier team needs a QB at end of year for Super Bowl push.

Anyway, I don't think this will happen just throwing gas on a fire lol,

View: https://x.com/_MLFootball/status/1834429353108594770

Not happening.