ROD mock draft in 2016

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Dave sure loves SPARQ scores.
One serious point though, Jack, I like to use the SPARQ score in deciding picks, when there are two or more players, that I rank very closely! And then there are always those intangables (sp?) that separate players!

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Thanks @Alan for everything and our prayers are with you that you start feeling better swiftly

This draft is more like a cruise ship traveling around a place like the Aegean Sea. You need to sit back and enjoy the barren coast line for hours on end in order to really savor your eventual destination.

But most of us are like speed boats - not necessary "type A" at all, I mean I as opposite of type A as it gets -- but we just want to see picks so we can get to our next pick - we want after pick after pick as it should be

I'm just saying this is a ROD Event and if you are signed up to participate in the event then try and be like those of us who despite our jobs, families, and other endeavors still manage to check in quite often during the day. Why? Well cause they know they are participating and other players are waiting

Now let's say cause of time zones, jobs, and all those other things to be considered that if you sign up and know you will be away more often than not, then to submit a big board to the Draft Dungeon Master, and authorize him to select from the top of your list when it's your turn on the clock

- that will move everything along

and the ROD Mock Draft won't be a drifting cruise ship or some speed boat but instead what it's meant to me -- an excellent Fishing boat excursion where everyone comes away with some whoppers!!!

Alan

Legend
Dieter the Brock looking at possible improvements:
I'm just saying this is a ROD Event and if you are signed up to participate in the event then try and be like those of us who despite our jobs, families, and other endeavors still manage to check in quite often during the day. Why? Well cause they know they are participating and other players are waiting

Now let's say cause of time zones, jobs, and all those other things to be considered that if you sign up and know you will be away more often than not, then to submit a big board to the Draft Dungeon Master, and authorize him to select from the top of your list when it's your turn on the clock
That's certainly an option but let's take a closer look.

What makes you think that everyone has a "big Board" to give to the Dungeon Master? I've run this mock the last two years but prior to that it was run by Mojo Ram and I was a participant. I had no "Big Board" to give anyone. Everyone has a different level of participation. For some, including myself, that would make me think twice about participating. While mockers like yourself would think it's a no-brainer. Many of our participants are much more casual in their participation.

Further, what would this hypothetical "Big Board" look like? It would have to be very detailed to take in all or even most possibilities and need to be very malleable/ever evolving to take into account all the different possibilities of who might or might not be available. You're asking the Dungeon Master to put in a huge amount of work above and beyond what they already have to do. Do you know how many hours I have to put in on this board every day just for this mock? Fortunately I'm not posting or even reading any of the other threads here or I wouldn't have the time to accomplish both at a level I would like. Getting a list of picks that requires no thought on my part is one thing and I have no problem with that but you propose, if I understand you correctly, something much more detailed and time consuming and I wouldn't want to do that.

Much like the theory of Communism, it looks good on paper but can it fly in real life? On the other hand, I would certainly like it if our mockers checked in more often but in real life shit happens. This year's mock is going much faster than the one we had last year (knock on wood) and next year's will probably go even better if we take full advantage of institutional memory obtained from the last two years.

I take some of the blame for the bad start we had because of the big delay we had between posters signing up and the start of the mock. What I should have done was to start contacting each mocker about a week before we started to get them mentally prepared for the start. That would have helped tremendously IMO. We learn from our mistakes and try not to make the same ones again. Hopefully the guy who runs the next one will be one of the posters who participates in this one. Thus the institutional memory I mentioned.

Last but not least, despite some of the comments I got before, the thought that if we finished this in a couple of weeks we could have another one is unrealistic IMO. I would be shocked if more than 10-15 mockers wanted to do that much less 32. Pick for more than one team with 16 mockers? Does anyone think that would work unless you forbade trades between teams with the same GM? With each restriction you make the realism decreases. I don't think this is as easy as it looks on the surface. Like everything else in life it's not perfect but probably can be improved. We have a lot of smart people here and maybe you can make further improvements for future mocks. :thinking:

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
@Alan
I'm having fun with the process

But there are simple ways to mitigate the time issues for those looking for this process to play out a bit faster - which is the ultimate goal if we are indeed quicker than last year

image.jpg

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
the GB Packers select Kentrell Brothers ILB Missouri.

This allows Clay Matthews to move back outside to his best position.

Sorry for the delay gents. but its just gone 6.00 am down here, I have to sleep sometime!! :)

Alan

Legend
Dieter the Brock volunteering to run next year's mock:
But there are simple ways to mitigate the time issues for those looking for this process to play out a bit faster - which is the ultimate goal if we are indeed quicker than last year
Can you share those 'simple ways" with us now? I'll implement any that make sense to me and if they don't make sense to me I'll tell you exactly why and we, along with the other mockers, can discuss it.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
the GB Packers select Kentrell Brothers ILB Missouri.

This allows Clay Matthews to move back outside to his best position.

Sorry for the delay gents. but its just gone 6.00 am down here, I have to sleep sometime!! :)
Nice sold pick, he had a good combine. Only thing on the minus side is his 40 time 4.89 among ILB's this is a bit slow. But that may not effect his "Game Speed".;)

Last edited:

Alan

Legend
The GM for the Packers has made his pick (57th in the 2016 draft) and @Killgasm is on the clock and has until 1108 hours 05APR16 to make his pick. @JRobinson is on deck.

Round 1

1. Jets - 12intheBox: Carson Wentz - North Dakota State
2. Cleveland - Corbin: Jared Goff - California
3. Chargers - Shawnbb158: Jalen Ramsey - FSU
4. Cowboys - Rynie/Alan: Joey Bosa - Ohio State
5. Jaguars - PressureD41: Myles Jack - UCLA
6. Ravens - Merlin: Laremy Tunsil - Mississippi
7. 49ers - JackDRams: Deforest Buckner - Oregon
8. Eagles - DaveFan'51: Ezekiel Elliot - Ohio State
9. Buccaneers - LosAngelesRams: Vernon Hargreaves - Florida
10. Giants - Mojo Ram: Laquon Treadwell - Mississippi
11. Bears - Shaunpinney: Leonard Floyd - Georgia
12. Saints - Gandalf: Shaq Lawson - Clemson
13. Dolphins -OC--LeftCoast: Ronnie Stanley - Notre Dame
14. Raiders - -X-: Reggie Ragland - Alabama
15. Rams - Boston Ram: Mackensie Alexander - Clemson
16. Lions - Dieter the Brock: Noah Spence - Eastern Kentucky
17. Falcons - Rams Until I Die: Corey Coleman - Baylor
18. Colts - Legatron4: Cody Whitehair - Kansas State
19. Bills - T-REX: Darron Lee - Ohio State
20. Titans - A55VA6/Alan: Jack Conklin - Michigan State
21. Vikings - jsimcox: Josh Doctson - TCU
22. Texans - Tron: Hunter Henry - Arkansas
23. Redskins - Killgasm: Braxton Miller - Ohio State
24. Bengals - hotanez: Eli Apple - Ohio State
25. 49ers - JackDRams: Jaylon Smith - Notre Dame
26. Seahawks - OldSchool: Sheldon Rankins - Louisville
27. Packers - Ramrocket: Andrew Billings - Baylor
28. Chiefs – JRobinson/Alan: Jarran Reed - Alabama
29. Cardinals - BatteringRambo: Paxton Lynch - Memphis
30. Panthers -Warner4Prez: Emmanuel Ogbah - Oklahoma State
31. Patriots - Riverumbbq: Taylor Decker - Ohio State

Round 2

32. Browns - Corbin: Michael Thomas - Ohio State
33. Titans - A55VA6: A'Shawn Robinson - Alabama
34. Cowboys - Rynie/Alan: William Jackson III - Houston
35. Chargers - Shawnbb158: Kevin Dodd - Clemson
36. Ravens - Merlin: Sterling Shepherd - Oklahoma
37. Steelers -TheDYVKX: Robert Nkemdiche - Mississippi
38. Lions - Dieter the Brock: Ryan Kelly - Alabama
39. Buccaneers - LosAngelesRams: Keanu Neal - Florida
40. Giants -Mojo Ram: Derrick Henry - Alabama
41. Bears - Shaunpinney: Will Fuller, WR, Notre Dame
42. Dolphins -OC--LeftCoast: Devontae Booker - Utah
43. Broncos - Ramhusker: Jason Spriggs - Indiana
44. Raiders - -X-: Vonn Bell - Ohio State
45. Rams - Boston Ram: Tyler Boyd - Pittsburgh
46. Jaguars - PressureD41: Nick Martin - Notre Dane
47. Steelers -TheDYVKX: Su'a Cravens - USC
48. Colts - Legatron4: Yannick Ngakoue - Maryland
49. Bills - T-REX: Vernon Butler - Louisiana Tech
50. Falcons - Rams Until I Die: Jonathan Bullard - Florida
51.Titans-A55VA6: Karl Joseph - West Virginia
52. Texans - Tron: Pharoh Cooper - South Carolina
53. Saints - Gandalf: Chris Jones - Mississippi State
54. Vikings - jsimcox: Jeremy Cash - Duke
55. Bengals - hotanez: Kenny Clark - UCLA
56. Seahawks - OldSchool: German Ifedi - Texas A&M
57. Packers - Ramrocket: Kentrell Brothers - Missouri
58. Redskins - Killgasm:
59. Chiefs - JRobinson:
60. Patriots - Riverumbbq:
61. Patriots - Riverumbbq:
62. Panthers -Warner4Prez
63. Broncos -Ramhusker

Round 3

64. Titans - A55VA6:
65. Browns - Corbin:
66. Chargers - Shawnbb158:
67. Cowboys - Rynie:
68. Saints - Gandalf: Trade
69. Jaguars - PressureD41:
70. Ravens - Merlin:
71. Giants -Mojo Ram:
72. Bears - Shaunpinney:
73. Dolphins -OC--LeftCoast:
74. Buccaneers - LosAngelesRams:
75. Raiders - -X-:
76. Rams - Boston Ram:
77. Eagles - DaveFan'51:
78. Steelers -TheDYVKX: Trade
79. Eagles – DaveFan'51:
80. Bills - T-REX:
81. Falcons - Rams Until I Die:
82. Colts - Legatron4:
83. Titans-A55VA6:
84. Redskins - Killgasm:
85. Texans - Tron:
86. Vikings - jsimcox:
87. Bengals - hotanez:
88. Packers - Ramrocket:
89. 49ers - JackDRams: Trade
90. Seahawks - OldSchool:
91. Broncos - Ramhusker: Trade
92. Cardinals - BatteringRambo:
93. Panthers -Warner4Prez
94. Broncos -Ramhusker
95. Lions - Dieter the Brock: Compensatory:
96. Patriots - Riverumbbq: Compensatory:
97. Seahawks - OldSchool: Compensatory:
98. Broncos - Ramhusker: Compensatory:

Round 4

99. Browns - Corbin:
100. Eagles – DaveFan'51:
101. Cowboys - Rynie:
102. Chargers - Shawnbb158:
103. Jaguars - PressureD41:
104. Ravens - Merlin:
105. Saints - Gandalf: Trade
106. Bears - Shaunpinney:
107. Dolphins -OC--LeftCoast:
108. Buccaneers - LosAngelesRams:
109. Giants -Mojo Ram:
110. Rams - Boston Ram:
111. Jaguars - PressureD41: Trade
112. Saints - Gandalf:
113. Titans - A55VA6:
114. Raiders - -X-:
115. Falcons - Rams Until I Die:
116. Colts - Legatron4:
117. Bills - T-REX:
118. Titans-A55VA6:
119. Texans - Tron:
120. Redskins - Killgasm:
121. Redskins - Killgasm:
122. Bengals - hotanez:
123. Eagles – DaveFan'51:
124. Seahawks - OldSchool:
125. Packers - Ramrocket:
126. Chiefs - JRobinson:
127. Bears - Shaunpinney:
128. Cardinals - BatteringRambo:
129. Panthers -Warner4Prez
130. Ravens - Merlin:
131. Packers - Ramrocket: Compensatory:
132. Ravens - Merlin: Compensatory:
133. 49ers - JackDRams: Compensatory:
134. Ravens - Merlin: Compensatory:
135. Cowboys - Rynie: Compensatory:
136. Broncos - Ramhusker: Compensatory:
137. Packers - Ramrocket: Compensatory:
138. Browns - Corbin: Compensatory:
139. Bills - T-REX: Compensatory:

Round 5

140. Titans - A55VA6:
141. Browns - Corbin:
142. 49ers - JackDRams:
143. Raiders - -X-:
144. Broncos -Ramhusker
145. 49ers - JackDRams:
146. Jaguars - PressureD41:
147. Dolphins -OC--LeftCoast:
148. Buccaneers - LosAngelesRams:
149. Giants -Mojo Ram:
150. Bears - Shaunpinney:
151. Jaguars - PressureD41: Trade
152. Saints - Gandalf:Redskins - Killgasm:
153. Eagles – DaveFan'51:
154. Raiders - -X-:
155. Colts - Legatron4:
156. Bills - T-REX:
157. Titans - A55VA6:
158. Redskins - Killgasm:
159. Texans - Tron:
160. Vikings - jsimcox:
161. Bengals - hotanez:
162. Chiefs - JRobinson:
163. Packers - Ramrocket:
164. Eagles - DaveFan'51:
165. Chiefs - JRobinson:
166. Texans - Tron:
167. Cardinals - BatteringRambo:
168. Panthers - Warner4Prez
169. Lions - Dieter the Brock:
170. Cardinals - BatteringRambo: Compensatory:
171. Seahawks - OldSchool: Compensatory:
172. Browns - Corbin: Compensatory:
173. Browns - Corbin: Compensatory:
174. 49ers - JackDRams: Compensatory:
175. Chargers - Shawnbb158: Compensatory:

Players already chosen (color coded by round chosen):

QB: Carson Wentz, Jared Goff, Paxton Lynch,
WR: Laquon Treadwell, Corey Coleman, Josh Doctson, Braxton Miller, Sterling Shepherd, Michael Thomas, Will Fuller, Tyler Boyd, Pharoh Cooper,
TE: Hunter Henry,
RB: Ezekiel Elliot, Derrick Henry, Devontae Booker,
OT: Laremy Tunsil, Ronnie Stanley, Jack Conklin, Taylor Decker, Jason Spriggs, German Ifedi,
OG: Cody Whitehair,
C: Ryan Kelly, Nick Martin

DE: Joey Bosa, Deforest Buckner, Shaq Lawson, Noah Spence, Emmanuel Ogbah, Kevin Dodd, Yannick Ngakoue, Jonathan Bullard,
DT: Sheldon Rankins, Andrew Billings, Jarran Reed, A'Shawn Robinson, Robert Nkemdiche, Vernon Butler, Chris Jones, Kenny Clark,
LB: Myles Jack, Leonard Floyd, Reggie Ragland, Darron Lee, Jaylon Smith, Kentrell Brothers,
S: Keanu Neal, Vonn Bell, Su'a Cravens, Karl Joseph, Jeremy Cash,
CB: Jalen Ramsey, Vernon Hargreaves, Mackensie Alexander, Eli Apple, William Jackson III,

Other:

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
Nice sold pick, he had a good combine. Only thing on the minus side is his 40 time 4.89 among ILB's this is a bit slow. But the may not effect his "Game Speed".;)

You're quite right about his 40 time but he plays faster and he is a tackle machine which is what GB need in the middle. He sheds blocks well and as I said in my initial post, he allows Matthews to move back outside. IMHO, that is the biggest thing he brings to the team. The sum of all parts if you will.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay

No worries. Even though Australia is basically on another planet, we try to accommodate you guys. Get as much sleep as you need.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
You're quite right about his 40 time but he plays faster and he is a tackle machine which is what GB need in the middle. He sheds blocks well and as I said in my initial post, he allows Matthews to move back outside. IMHO, that is the biggest thing he brings to the team. The sum of all parts if you will.
This^ is why I mentioned "Game Speed!":D(y)

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Can you share those 'simple ways" with us now? I'll implement any that make sense to me and if they don't make sense to me I'll tell you exactly why and we, along with the other mockers, can discuss it.

I'm having a blast with this format and when we are done with these 5 rounds I'm more than happy to PM you and give all my humble ideas forth with the hopes at least some of the notes may spark something that could help this event be even more fun - I think all of us should submit notes too on how we can make this more successful and more entertaining

The issue of having to wait for your next pick for up to 12 hours plus is something I think we can solve quickly

I think whomever is running the draft - the ROD Draft Master should have waaaaaay more authority to move things along - but hat requires for participants to know what is expected and participating should require a little bit of work, like making a list of your favorite players per round (five rounds) and the Draft Master uses that to make picks if you don't show up within your alotted time - 15 minutes between picks like real life -- and if a player isn't on the list the Draft Master makes the call if he participant doesn't sbmit an alternative and is unavailable within their alotted time

But this requires solid dates for our mock event to work

If you look at the real draft format -- it doesn't go on for weeks but only a few days and each day is broken up into a certain amount of rounds. Like the 1st round is in primetime in Friday and essentially no team walks away without having made a pick that night. Day two is second & third etc... With the same expectations - you will have selected players during a set time.

By holding the draft during a defined period of time GM's of Teams know how to manage expectations and don't get massively impatient when suddenly the 2 picks in succession comes to a screeching halt cause of a time zone issue or work.

Let's hold the mock draft like the real NFL draft format and give you @Alan way more power to make the picks when the participant is not there