PREGAME Rams at Lions SNF Sept-08-2024

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I think its all about who can establish the run and who can stop the run. Both teams will want to control the clock to keep the other offense off the field. They both can move the ball and put up points.

And they both have questionable defenses. Detroit because they're coming off a season where they had trouble giving up big plays. They were bottom 3rd in most meaningful categories defensively. Rams were a little better but have a lot of first and second year guys. We don't know how good they can be. Or how bad. Or somewhere in between. I do have a feeling they will be better than last year where they were mostly middle of the pack.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The Rams can beat these guys, but it will be tough. We will be underdogs and rightly so. Our offense will need to go high octane and hope our Dline can pressure Goff, but that Lion's Oline is best in the league, so...
I don't think a shootout favors us. In that type of game their OL will keep Goff cleaner than ours will keep Stafford. So if shit gets out of hand they will have the advantage.

Where the game goes to our advantage is if we can win in the trenches on defense. Stop the run and we will shut that crowd up and have them sucking seat cushion. Ugly defensive scrum is best type of game for us. Fisher style. :laugh3:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think a shootout favors us. In that type of game their OL will keep Goff cleaner than ours will keep Stafford. So if shit gets out of hand they will have the advantage.

Where the game goes to our advantage is if we can win in the trenches on defense. Stop the run and we will shut that crowd up and have them sucking seat cushion. Ugly defensive scrum is best type of game for us. Fisher style. :laugh3:
They also have Gibbs, my previous draft crush! I would sure love to see Blake and Kyren rip it up!

RamWoodie

Legend
Really queasy about this game. The Rams have a lot of questions on defense and a new D coordinator. and AD is no longer Not too worried about the offense but I need to see how well Kupp and Nacua look. There's buzz that Puka is not 100%...and when it come to Kyren, why is he doing punt returns? I don't get that, especially when we know haw hard the guy runs. Why would you have him return punts where injury chance increases.

I'm Rams 'til I die anyway.

Varg6

Starter
Name
Jake
I wouldn’t be surprised if we get whooped on the defensive side of the ball, but I expect the defense to gel toward the second half of the year.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I wouldn’t be surprised if we get whooped on the defensive side of the ball, but I expect the defense to gel toward the second half of the year.

Well I’m going to be The 1 who says AD99 is not going to be missed much,as well as EJ53

It’s a TEAM game imo you give up something to get something.Bobby Brown will be The IT Factor!! If he can stop the run then everything should be alright early.,

The DEFENSE of ENDs will be much better all across,because of depth as well.Plus The DB play should be excellent.

I saw Q. Lake in training camp & he looked like a SHUTDOWN CB.He will be excellent in coverage & as a Safety might confuse some QB’s .

LBer play ? Rosenboom was a starter last season & should be visually better.Troy Reeder - ask Oldschool.
White & Williams bring veteran stability & leadership .Depth is what needs to develop with the young CB’s. Durant is alright.

Kentuckyrams

Pro Bowler
Sunday night might be a rough outing, between a shuffled and reshuffled offensive line and a limping secondary. It would be a great game to lean on a strong running attack to keep the Detroit offense off the field.

Maybe we will see a stronger pass rush that negates some of the question marks at CB. I also would not be surprised to see the Rams pick up a free agent or cut CB, if anyone out there is worth a temporary spot.

Sucks that the injury bug bit us so badly before the season even started.

Defense might take some licks early on, which was to be expected anyway, with all the youth and a new DC. I think a lot of us were a bit concerned about the CB position even before the Williams' news, with White's injury history and not a lot of proven depth. Maybe one of the UDFAs will surprise.

I also wonder if we will hear anything about the Rams spending the least on defense (by about $31 million) of any NFL team. (And before I get flamed, I know we have a ton of money tied up in some highly paid offensive stars, AD is no longer with us, and a lot of the defense is on early contracts). Just an interesting stat.

I will be optimistic for the year if the defense just looks decent on Sunday, considering the youth and injuries. If we somehow pull out a win, I will be doubly stoked!

Toothsayer

UDFA
Name
Richard H Stee

If Durant not practicing yesterday was just precautionary because this was likely/known, I don't think it's devastating. I don't hate Durant covering Jamo or Raymond. Wasn't he a sub 4.4 guy ? You'd like as many wily vets as possible in the chess match with Ben Johnson & co, but it doesn't matter how well you diagnose or play the ball if you can't keep up.

If Durant really isn't full go, might as well go all safety cover zero & blitz every play...lol...

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Williams injury is less than ideal. Time to control the clock and grind out a big road W.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
"You can never have enough corners."

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I think we will need our safeties to really step up. Be really helpful if we could get a Scott hit on Deboo type play. I hear that Kinchens kid can cover a lot of ground. Kurl is supposed to be a beast. Maybe JJ could make us nostalgic and play like 2018 and Lake should show up as well. So lets go Rams.

Psycho_X

Legend

Well, guess I'll be thankful that Durant seems to be good to go. I'm not sure Williams will be back in a month at that rate. It's been 6 weeks since he originally tweaked it and couldn't make it through a couple of practices. At this point see if he can get 100% by November cause we'll need him for the playoff push and hope we can get by with White/Durant without either of them going down.