PREGAME Rams at Lions SNF Sept-08-2024

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamWoodie

Legend
When it comes down to the brass tacks in this game, it's gonna be about the Ram defense! We get to see Shula's scheme and how well he adjust.

When it comes to ILBs Reeder and Bozeman I'll just say a year can make a big difference in a player...this is their shot!

One last thing:

RAMS 'TIL I DIE!!!

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
First game is not the best case for Verse and Fiske to showcase their talents. They will likely be going up against the best pair of tackles in the league. I guess after this game, going up against the others will seem easier for them. Of course, if they do well enough it will go a long way to establishing themselves as a good edge duo.
I actually like our matchups vs Detroit's guards. Fiske might have a real nice first game if they line him up over Zeitler. But I figure he'll be over Glasgow and will do decently.

It is very possible that our defensive front has a good game. They were reportedly strong in every scrimmage. I'm really not worried about them, and expect that their quality will show. But Detroit has a lot of advantages over us from it being a rocking home game for them to the Rams OL looking unsettled and maybe having two depth players starting. And that nullifies the QB advantage.

So yeah I figure we'll get them later in the playoffs and shit will look real different. I think the Rams have much higher upside for a playoff run than Detroit due to the QB.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I actually like our matchups vs Detroit's guards. Fiske might have a real nice first game if they line him up over Zeitler. But I figure he'll be over Glasgow and will do decently.

It is very possible that our defensive front has a good game. They were reportedly strong in every scrimmage. I'm really not worried about them, and expect that their quality will show. But Detroit has a lot of advantages over us from it being a rocking home game for them to the Rams OL looking unsettled and maybe having two depth players starting. And that nullifies the QB advantage.

So yeah I figure we'll get them later in the playoffs and shit will look real different. I think the Rams have much higher upside for a playoff run than Detroit due to the QB.
I'm pretty anxious to see Fiske in action. I've been reading and hearing how he's been a handful for the OL to block. Last time I heard something like that was Donald's rookie camp. And we know what Kobie Turner can do. I'm just not sure about the edges with those two tackles. But like I said, if they do well against them it sure bodes well. They won't face another pair of tackles that caliber after this game.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm pretty anxious to see Fiske in action. I've been reading and hearing how he's been a handful for the OL to block. Last time I heard something like that was Donald's rookie camp. And we know what Kobie Turner can do. I'm just not sure about the edges with those two tackles. But like I said, if they do well against them it sure bodes well. They won't face another pair of tackles that caliber after this game.
I think those reports will prove true because there wasn't one subpar report for Fiske all camp long. Also you had AD come out and visit with him and talk him up a bit. The kid is a worker like AD and has talent so I think it's about staying healthy for him.

Also the strength of the Lions OL is their edge play this year I think. So Fiske and Turner will be at some combo of interior techniques depending on the front and I expect both will have good games. If not then we're fucked and Detroit will probably put up 200 on the ground in a blowout win. So I think our defensive front has to show up. We need a statement game by them to be in this one.

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
Our safeties and linebackers against the Lions TE's should be a huge matchup. Not really confident in our inside guys if Reeder starts.

Memphis Ram

Legend
If the Rams get the pre-achilles injury Tre'Davious White and Cobie Durant would stay healthy and TACKLE somebody I'd like their chances better. Otherwise, the young DLine may have to look like the second coming of the Fearsome Foursome.

If memory serves, the best chance to slow the Lions offense is to be strong vs. the run and hit Goff early in the game.

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
Best way to play Goff is to show pressure early on 3rd down. Bring it. Even if you don't get home it will accelerate his clock and he may force some throws. If you get home he should struggle some.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Good luck with the rookie Arnold being able to handle either Cooper or Puka. I think we pick on Arnold all game. Also, our backfield & OLine is better then when we played them in the playoffs, and we should have won that game. Perhaps their secondary is better then last year (likely), but, I feel like our defense as a whole is going to be improved. Can't wait to see what Verse and Fiske do in their first action. Very hopeful that White is back to his old self, if so, we have ourselves a shut down CB, which we didn't have last year.

It very much sucks that we are playing in Detroit (again), but, I think we can beat those kitties!

Toothsayer

UDFA
Name
Richard H Stee
Good luck with the rookie Arnold being able to handle either Cooper or Puka. I think we pick on Arnold all game. Also, our backfield & OLine is better then when we played them in the playoffs, and we should have won that game. Perhaps their secondary is better then last year (likely), but, I feel like our defense as a whole is going to be improved. Can't wait to see what Verse and Fiske do in their first action. Very hopeful that White is back to his old self, if so, we have ourselves a shut down CB, which we didn't have last year.

It very much sucks that we are playing in Detroit (again), but, I think we can beat those kitties!
Yup, remarkable how unconcerned fans/pundits seem to be about McVay/Stafford/Kupp vs that secondary . Or that the loud AF stadium will just as likely hurt as much as help there. Nobody except Kerb-stompy Joseph is the same/ in the same spot. I told one yapper on YT that "Terrion" was French for "toast" . Wasn't well-received....

Joseph/Branch vs The Rams' towering TEs seems like a tasty RZ match-up, too. Their big-body safety, Melifonwu, is out.

Dunno much about their new slot, but I'm intrigued to see whether Whittington, if he's active, might add a certain Pukanacity to Atwell's speed & Robinson's vet wiliness as they probe for a weakness there.

Last edited:

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I'm anticipating a solid run game, predominantly up the gut which will both slow down the pass rush and open up the play action game. We could put up 40 on them if the run game is solid.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
Two things I want to see from the Rams defense is first: tight coverage on the backend of the defense, no soft zone please and second pressure on Goff, he is a different QB when under pressure.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
"Merlin," he said, "sometime when the team is up against it and the breaks are beating the boys, tell them to go out there with all they've got and win just one for the Avenger."

@AvengerRam @Merlin

Rams 56
The Goffs 53

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Did somebody say less than 24 hours until Rams football?!?!?!

IMG_1708.jpeg

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
If the Rams can stop the run and get Goff to feel pressure, we've got a good chance. If we still had AD, I'd be moon walking right now.

Our offense should be able to move the ball and get points.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
The Rams’ new, young defensive front has to rule the day.
The secondary can generate turnovers if so; otherwise, the backend is in trouble. Serious trouble.

I would start a 100% healthy McClendon at RT. The next four games are no cakewalk and a healthy Havenstein should be the goal. The extra blocking from Higbee will be missed today. The starting OL today is built to run the ball more than pass protect, especially if Havs can’t go.

Here’s to our young powerful defenders making a statement today. Make #99 and all of us fans proud.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Last year Kupp started the season on IR and we saw a rookie break out and have a season nobody had before.
This year Williams is starting the season on IR. I wonder if we have a rookie DB just waiting for his chance. Might not be a corner, but could Williams absence give Kichens more snaps and a chance to really make a difference? I think the Rams safeties are gona cover some holes, both in the LB room and the DB room. GO RAMS

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
(Ram's offensive line gets a reprieve)
Ian Rapoport---#Lions DT D.J. Reader, attempting to return from a significant quad injury, is not quite ready to return to play, sources say. Next week is a more realistic timeline.