Raheem Morris discussion thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
You tell me before a game that my D would give up 17 points.. and the Niners only had the ball for 24 minutes…. I’d take it.
How many points are the whinners scoring a game? The rams let them do what they always do. The d didnt play well at all. Mostly cause of a shit game plan.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
How many points are the whinners scoring a game? The rams let them do what they always do. The d didnt play well at all. Mostly cause of a shit game plan.
You can’t score more than 18, you’re not gonna win much.

You let up 17, you’ll win plenty.

AGAIN… Rams vaunted #1 D in 2020 gave up an average of 18.5 points a game.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams score 9 points and fans are upset the defense gave up 17. I just don't get this shit. In no world is that loss on the defense. Can the defense be better? Sure. The offense is straight shit right now but lets just give them a pass and fire Morris because fans don't like how he uses his 3rd string corners.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Rams score 9 points and fans are upset the defense gave up 17. I just don't get this shit. In no world is that loss on the defense. Can the defense be better? Sure. The offense is straight shit right now but lets just give them a pass and fire Morris because fans don't like how he uses his 3rd string corners.
Will Ferrell Crazy Pills GIF

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
What we are trying to say is you mix up the defenses by playing aggressive on some plays and backing up on others.

Make the QB confused.

Plus Detroit has a couple good players on defense but nowhere near the quality of the Rams
I remember Morris doing just that but I will admit he's in soft coverage more than not. If we're just talking about Mondays game i cant put that on the defense when the offense can't score touchdowns...especially in the 4th. I saw we only scored 3 points in the 4th through 4 games my jaw dropped.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles

Lol lions fans would do terrible things to ppl for the rams defense rn. I know people don't like the soft coverage but it's hard to argue against 17 points scored.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
This 100%. It's 2019 all over again but I don't remember the offense being this bad.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Don
Aside from the 3 plays that were somewhat uncharacteristic the Defense played quite well.
The offense has no firepower and struggles in the RedZone. The only positive is they do take time off the clock which helps the D rest. I am sure the D would rather be a little more worn and have the points if given a choice.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
This 100%. It's 2019 all over again but I don't remember the offense being this bad.

The Rams have a tough schedule.Don’t know what will happen,but The Rams are a solid team both on Offense & Defense.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
This will be tough sledding this yr until they get healthy. And my fear is by then, Kupp or Stafford could he hurt with all the focus being put on them by opposing defenses. They are taking a lot of hits right now.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame

Saying they held the SF Offense to 17 is not an accomplishment. Not counting the pick 6 the d scored SF is averaging 16 points a game. Our d kept them to their average. Woa.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
nobody said fire morris. Holding the SF offense to there average isn't doing much. The loss is on our O. Doesn't mean we arent tired of the same prevent D.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Saying they held the SF Offense to 17 is not an accomplishment. Not counting the pick 6 the d scored SF is averaging 16 points a game. Our d kept them to their average. Woa.

And what did the Rams offense score?

And.. this was the second full week back for Jimmy against a team they are very familiar with.

No one said they’re great.. just saying the defense played good enough to win.

The offense was and is a mich bigger problem.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But 9 points on offense that is some winning football! YAY team!

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
Morris like McVay needs to get more creative quickly. He's going to have to create some pressure this week against the boys. Let's dial up Wagner attacking the pocket and some well timed DB blitzes. The Rams regular 4 man rush is not getting home.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
But 9 points on offense that is some winning football! YAY team!
No. Its not. But we really know why, dont we? The oline has 1 starter from last year. 1 decent replacement at LT, and the middle of the line is a shambles from injury. Going up against a really good front 7.

With or without our DB injuries we would be playing this same D.
The strength of this D is the front. Why do they let Debo off the line so easy so he can catch that short pass and make his long tackle breaking run for a TD every game? Play it closer, make jimmy g hold the ball and give time to get to him.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
And what did the Rams offense score?

And.. this was the second full week back for Jimmy against a team they are very familiar with.

No one said they’re great.. just saying the defense played good enough to win.

The offense was and is a mich bigger problem.
The offence has an injury problem. It can hopefully compensate or get healthier and learn from the mistakes.

The D has a systemic problem. The D phylosphy of bend dont break. Wait for them to make a mistake. Only allows the opponent to get in a grove, and tire our D. then our D makes the mistake. Also while our D is alowing long drives, per our style of D, our O is growing cold. That is the complaint. Not which side of the ball is better or worse.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
kendrick had a safety backing him up so he was justified in going for the interception.

unfortunately that safety was rapp. not kendrick's fault rapp whiffed on a simple tackle.
I do not necessarily disagree with this but, like someone mentioned earlier, Kendricks made the first mistake. But 4-year veteran Rapp missing the tackle is unacceptable.