Raheem Morris discussion thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The problem here is that there are criticisms to be had with both sides of the ball. There is no need to lump the offense into a discussion with the defense. It's ok to look at the unit itself and its performance given the field position they started with as well as the opponent and go from there.

Same goes for special teams. Teams wasn't the problem for us in that game, in fact early on they were the best performing unit on the team. But they had some series where they fucked some shit up.

All fans have their own standards. Doesn't make any of them wrong. I'm a big defensive fan, to me I enjoy having a great defense and always have, as that marked my entry into fanhood, those defenses with Blood and company keeping top teams to field goals in the playoffs. I don't like seeing the other team drive up and down the field. If we win, I deal. But when we lose, that's an area we need to improve.

I'm also pissed about this offense though. It's shit and it's been shit so far all season. We could have set a fucking clock to the struggles we had vs SF, it was entirely predictable because our OL can't handle physicality. And what's more frustrating is that it's a McVay weakness that persists with every team no matter how far they get in that season.

One doesn't need to invoke the other. Doing that is fucking stupid.
Problem is there are people calling for Morris to be fire$ because t(ey as fans don’t like the defense that McVay and Morris want to play. The problem is people are making excuses for backup offensive linemen but not backup rookie cornerbacks.

the problems never change around here :laugh4:

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
I live in Tampa, hated the bend no break when the Bucs played it. Hate it on the Rams.
For it to be successful you need the other team to make a mistake and be able to take advantage of that opportunity.
To me it makes great sense only after you have the lead. Do something else unitl then.

It's called "prevent defense." You don't take any chances and just try and hang on to your lead. But prevent defense just prevents you from winning. It's always better to try something.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The problem here is that there are criticisms to be had with both sides of the ball
But this thread is about the defense, specifically the performance of Morris. Its not a vent thread about both sides of the ball or ST.

Tano

Legend
Problem is there are people calling for Morris to be fire$ because t(ey as fans don’t like the defense that McVay and Morris want to play. The problem is people are making excuses for backup offensive linemen but not backup rookie cornerbacks.

the problems never change around here :laugh4:
The back-up CBs are actually playing well imho whereas Evans and Kolone ..... well I will keep my mouth shut because I do not want to get a warning about putting down Rams players

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I also think the back up cornerbacks are playing well. But it was Durant that went for the ball, missed it, and deebo took off. Probably a rookie mistake, and he will learn from it. I do like the aggressiveness though.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I also think the back up cornerbacks are playing well. But it was Durant that went for the ball, missed it, and deebo took off. Probably a rookie mistake, and he will learn from it. I do like the aggressiveness though.
Durant was inactive

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
B
True - but we were playing the same soft zone stuff when we had the starters playing Buffalo and Josh Allen tore us apart and we never changed our defense the entire game. We got lucky with a couple picks in the first half that kept the game close.

One other thing I need to point out. These long drives tire the heck out of the defense and injuries occur more frequently than if they weren't tired. That's why a lot of our injuries to the defense have occurred in the third and fourth quarter.
Buffalo kicked out ass on both sides… but the Rams did create turnovers..
And Stafford turned the ball over.

Again.. the D let up 17 points.
That should win the game…

The offense was and is the far more deficient unit.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
You don't run a aggressive man defense if you don't have the personal for it. Look at Detroits defense as to why.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

kendrick had a safety backing him up so he was justified in going for the interception.

unfortunately that safety was rapp. not kendrick's fault rapp whiffed on a simple tackle.

Tano

Legend
You don't run a aggressive man defense if you don't have the personal for it. Look at Detroits defense as to why.
What we are trying to say is you mix up the defenses by playing aggressive on some plays and backing up on others.

Make the QB confused.

Plus Detroit has a couple good players on defense but nowhere near the quality of the Rams

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
What we are trying to say is you mix up the defenses by playing aggressive on some plays and backing up on others.

Make the QB confused.

Plus Detroit has a couple good players on defense but nowhere near the quality of the Rams
But others are saying put Ramsey on Deebo 100% of the time.. that’s opposite what you’re saying.

And.. the Rams did mix it up.. but they happened to be in softer coverage for some bad moments… and that’s all anyone remembers.

They don’t go straight deep zone every time.. they mix it up.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
kendrick had a safety backing him up so he was justified in going for the interception.

unfortunately that safety was rapp. not kendrick's fault rapp whiffed on a simple tackle.

Both made a bad play.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Rams D is currently 7th in rush yds allowed/gm and total rushing yds allowed.

Something positive. Soft defenses get gashed in the run.

Tano

Legend
But others are saying put Ramsey on Deebo 100% of the time.. that’s opposite what you’re saying.

And.. the Rams did mix it up.. but they happened to be in softer coverage for some bad moments… and that’s all anyone remembers.

They don’t go straight deep zone every time.. they mix it up.
They played soft almost all of the first half and we got behind 14-6 because of it. (Well offense was a big part of that reason too)

And I somewhat disagree putting Ramsey on Deebo 100% of the time but I would put 2 guys on Deebo at all times. Don't let him make a play.

That one play where Deebo got a TD is because Kendrick was late picking up Deebo and I think if he played closer and then passed him off, a completion would not have occurred if we have anyone but Rapp back there. Deebo is only good on short passes.

Last edited:

Tano

Legend
Rams D is currently 7th in rush yds allowed/gm and total rushing yds allowed.

Something positive. Soft defenses get gashed in the run.
Watson has been awesome in the run game that I can see but not so good in the passing game.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
They played soft almost all of the first half and we got behind 14-6 because of it. (Well offense was a big part of that reason too)

And I somewhat disagree putting Ramsey on Deebo 100% of the time but I would put 2 guys on Deebo at all times. Don't let him make a play.

That one play where Deebo got a TD is because Kendrick was late picking up Deebo and I think if he played closer and then passed him off, a completion would not have occurred if we have anyone but Rapp back there. Deebo is only good on short passes.
Except when Deebo is burning Ramsey up the sideline.

These are NFL teams & Deebo is a star.

17 points.