Raheem Morris discussion thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I sure as shit don't get it.

I get that we have injuries in our secondary, no question about that. But the kind of D we played against them tonight is the same kind we've played against them time and time again and lost. We give Jimmy the easy throws and sooner or later Deebo or someone else catches a short one in the flat, with nobody around him, gets a head of steam going and is off to the races.

Yes, we were on CB 5 and 6. So what. Put them up closer, try to take away the easy throws, and take some risks. I'd rather get beat making Jimmy do something that's not easy for him than conceding the easy throws from the get go. We've seen this script enough times now to know it isn't going to work against them. Try something different.
IT WORKED

17 points is the 5th best average for a D in the NFL right now.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Because I wasn’t fucking defending anyone… I was pointing out the fucking obvious fact that they had 5th & 6th string DBs playing and had to accommodate that… and did it well enough.

You're looking at stats and scores, and it's fair to say they did reasonable in *not giving up too much*. But on a night like this, this is when you need the defense to take some risks to try to make something happen. We took no risks and made nothing happen and ended up with the same results we've been getting time after time against them.

Injuries happen, and we can't wait for everything to be perfectly aligned to try something new.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
We should have lost by idk maybe 30 points. This game was fucking ugly.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
No. In fact read up a few posts and you'll see me say both sides of the ball were to blame. Plenty to go around no need for rationing. Now get the fuck off my doorstep because this is pointless with you.
So did I.

So get the fuck off mine.

The D was good enough tonight.. flaws and all.

Are they good? Nope.

Hope you can see and understand the difference… because I’m just talking about tonight’s game.

The offense shit the bed.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
You're looking at stats and scores, and it's fair to say they did reasonable in *not giving up too much*. But on a night like this, this is when you need the defense to take some risks to try to make something happen. We took no risks and made nothing happen and ended up with the same results we've been getting time after time against them.

Injuries happen, and we can't wait for everything to be perfectly aligned to try something new.
That’s your perspective… I get it. You expect the D to win the game.. I don’t.. not with what they have right now.

What they had at the end of last year was good enough… they just don’t have that now.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
You should just start a new religion.

Raheemism.

Build a shrine. Pray to him daily.

He's your God.
And you should just man up.

Have a better argument.. know more.. be able to express yourself.

Instead of this complete nonsense.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I mean I laughed. Is that so bad.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
That’s your perspective… I get it. You expect the D to win the game.. I don’t.. not with what they have right now.

What they had at the end of last year was good enough… they just don’t have that now.

I expect them to at least try to make something happen instead of playing on their heels hoping something bad doesn't happen. Sometimes you stop playing it safe and just roll the dice.

Tano

Legend
SF got only 10 points against Denver and I believe the Rams have a better defense than Denver even with number 5 and 6 CBs playing.

Kendrick looks awesome out there and Haley was doing a decent job at slot except for the Deebo TD.

Trust your guys and let them play tough instead of well we won't give anything up long.

Deebo kills us with that attitude. Got to play tough and not let him get loose.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Here's a still of the play on which Stafford threw the pick 6:

1664858611889.png

Look where their defenders are.

You know why Jimmy never has to worry about throwing a pick 6 on a play like that against us? Because our defenders would be nowhere near the receiver. That's why the 9ers are the only team in this matchup that ever makes big plays on defense. Outside of the last play of the NFC championship, when's the last time our D made a big, game changing play against the 9ers?

Last edited:

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
SF got only 10 points against Denver and I believe the Rams have a better defense than Denver even with number 5 and 6 CBs playing.

Kendrick looks awesome out there and Haley was doing a decent job at slot except for the Deebo TD.

Trust your guys and let them play tough instead of well we won't give anything up long.

Deebo kills us with that attitude. Got to play tough and not let him get loose.
I'm still thinking there's a chance this secondary comes into a good form here at some point. Kendrick looks like he's winning the job and will improve as we go forward. And we have to hope Cobie can hold up. He needs to get his ass back in there. If they're our top three guys with Ramsey I think we're gonna be fine at corner.

Safety though is still pissing me off. I don't think Rapp is good enough. I'd rather see someone who I'm not sure if he's good enough. And the fact that Rapp is holding down the job may be a bad sign for our safety depth.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
What is the Strengths of the Rams Defense?

Best DT to ever play the game?
Yet you Have you DBs play off to negate the pass rush he provides.

You have on of the best CBs to play to game but you have him playing zone?
Have him play the way he is good at it.

Have Donald do his thing, play man to man, make those WR have to break press coverage.
You have a MLB that can stuff the run, if if Donald leaves a hole, he fills it.
The rest of the line needs to play contain, prevent the QB from escaping.
Cover 2 to prevent the big play.
This makes it hard on the CB opposite Ramsey and the LBs in the middle but it should cause more opportunities for turnovers, 3 and outs, not getting the defense tired, and plays to the strengths of the defense.

What makes a great coach? Able to adapt to your personnel.
Bad coach? Making the personnel play your the coaches way regardless of talent.

We got bad coaches right now on both sides of the ball.

oldnotdead

Legend
Kendrick looks good because he's playing 10 yds off. He lacks the speed to play closer. He needs to play downhill in a zone. Morris should have played Rochell because he's got the speed to play tighter. He's a better matchup but he's not one of Morris' boys. Rochell got 3 snaps. Kendrick limits the defensive scheme and the Niners know that. They know he will lineup 10 yds off. He played closer he might have been on time to breakup passes. But from 10 yds away the CBs will be lucky to tackle. Why do you think there are so many missed tackles in the secondary. Because the receivers has transitioned to a runner that's why. It's defense 100 stuff. High schools play better schemes.

Morris concedes the short 5 yd completions on almost every down. Teams can throw screens all day long because the CBs including Ramsey are 10 yds off at the snap. Why do you think Ramsey's pissed? Morris is a pussy and his pussy scheme of, bend over and take it in the ass as long as you don't break, i.e. scream is good enough. Well I for one am tired of Morris' good enough attitude.

Lewis and Hollins did nothing but Morris refused to play McKinley. Why? You could see why McKinley was frustrated on the sideline.

UNTIL HE PROVES DIFFERENTLY MORRIS SUCKS

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
UNTIL HE PROVES DIFFERENTLY MORRIS SUCKS
You keep saying this, but he is running the defense that McVay wants. Does McVay suck too? I don't think anyone is happy about the team's play so far this year, but to blame it on 1 coach is a bit shortsighted, IMO.

On another note... does anyone know why Takk McKinley and Justin Hollins got into it the other night? Takk has only been with the team for a couple of weeks and has had his share of altercations with other players in the past. Not a good start or a good look, in my opinion. I was wondering if McSnead would cut him after the game.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You keep saying this, but he is running the defense that McVay wants. Does McVay suck too? I don't think anyone is happy about the team's play so far this year, but to blame it on 1 coach is a bit shortsighted, IMO.

On another note... does anyone know why Takk McKinley and Justin Hollins got into it the other night? Takk has only been with the team for a couple of weeks and has had his share of altercations with other players in the past. Not a good start or a good look, in my opinion. I was wondering if McSnead would cut him after the game.
The fact they haven't cut him insinuates they think he may be able to help them. Maybe put that aggression to use.

I think if that shit happens again though he gone.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Here's a still of the play on which Stafford threw the pick 6:

View attachment 56806

Look where their defenders are.

You know why Jimmy never has to worry about throwing a pick 6 on a play like that against us? Because our defenders would be nowhere near the receiver. That's why the 9ers are the only team in this matchup that ever makes big plays on defense. Outside of the last play of the NFC championship, when's the last time our D made a big, game changing play against the 9ers?

Maybe... maybe... I'm spitballing here... maybe the 9ers have the personnel to run that and the Rams don't at the moment.

Because.. last time I saw.. when the Rams had the talent to run that kind of stuff.. they did.. and beat the 9ers in the NFC championship game.

People think that Morris doesn't want to do this.... despite very clear evidence and history that he does.. when he has the horses.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
What is the Strengths of the Rams Defense?

Best DT to ever play the game?
Yet you Have you DBs play off to negate the pass rush he provides.

You have on of the best CBs to play to game but you have him playing zone?
Have him play the way he is good at it.

Have Donald do his thing, play man to man, make those WR have to break press coverage.
You have a MLB that can stuff the run, if if Donald leaves a hole, he fills it.
The rest of the line needs to play contain, prevent the QB from escaping.
Cover 2 to prevent the big play.
This makes it hard on the CB opposite Ramsey and the LBs in the middle but it should cause more opportunities for turnovers, 3 and outs, not getting the defense tired, and plays to the strengths of the defense.

What makes a great coach? Able to adapt to your personnel.
Bad coach? Making the personnel play your the coaches way regardless of talent.

We got bad coaches right now on both sides of the ball.

Well... Morris does adapt to his personnel. We saw it in the playoffs and Super Bowl when he cranked things up.

He doesn't have the pass rush or corners to play that kind of aggressive D right now.

Bad coach? They gave up 17 on the road... That's not bad. It might be mediocre and not look good.. but the Rams have a slew of mediocre players on defense right now... the Rams edge players.. including Floyd.. would be, at best, 4th on the depth chart on the 9ers..and it's not particularly close.

The Rams played their #6 & 7 corners.

They adapted to their personnel and that's why they were able to give up only 17 points.