Raheem Morris discussion thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Defense wasn’t great.. but was good enough.

Meh.

It was good in holding them to 17, and they didn't run all over us or anything (only 88 yards rushing).

But with these huge cushions, they're never going to be in position to make a game turning play like the 49ers did on the pick 6. The throw that Stafford made on that play is the kind the 49ers do all night long against us, and we continue to let them. That's on the coaches.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Meh.

It was good in holding them to 17, and they didn't run all over us or anything (only 88 yards rushing).

But with these huge cushions, they're never going to be in position to make a game turning play like the 49ers did on the pick 6. The throw that Stafford made on that play is the kind the 49ers do all night long against us, and we continue to let them. That's on the coaches.
What’s on the coaches?

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
What’s on the coaches?

That we use the same game plan against these guys every time we play them in the regular season - one that plays into their strengths and allows them to hide their weaknesses, especially that the most important position. And somehow they seem to think they're going to get different results.

You can have HOF DBs all across your secondary, and if you give 10 yard cushions to dink and dunk teams like the 49ers, they will feast. At some point, you need to try a different approach.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
That we use the same game plan against these guys every time we play them in the regular season - one that plays into their strengths and allows them to hide their weaknesses, especially that the most important position. And somehow they seem to think they're going to get different results.

You can have HOF DBs all across your secondary, and if you give 10 yard cushions to dink and dunk teams like the 49ers, they will feast. At some point, you need to try a different approach.
With their #5 & 6 corners…
Dude… they did fine. The game plan was fine.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
With their #5 & 6 corners…
Dude… they did fine. The game plan was fine.

We'll agree to disagree. Statistically it wasn't a terrible game, but we made no positive plays on D (on a night where we really could have used one) and once again, ceded the short throws to JimmyG.

Madness.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Some of you have low fucking expectations. Trying to rationalize either side of the ball tonight is a waste of time. They both sucked ass.

If you're ok with 11 players chasing Deebo around pretending to want to tackle him on that TD congrats to you. Now take your fucking blinders off.

Same with the offense and that pile of shit that is the run and pass game.

That entire game looked like first graders vs the fourth grade. 9ers winning all over the fucking field. You can't make sense of that. That's an ass beating. It was far worse than the score indicated and while some of you will rationalize it I guaranfuckingtee you that McVay won't. And that's why he's a winner.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
We'll agree to disagree. Statistically it wasn't a terrible game, but we made no positive plays on D (on a night where we really could have used one) and once again, ceded the short throws to JimmyG.

Madness.
Can’t disagree about the personnel.

And if you don’t think that kind of thing impacts scheme decisions, we’ll just disagree on that.

My proof? The playoffs… he schemed different based on what he had,

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Can’t disagree about the personnel.

And if you don’t think that kind of thing impacts scheme decisions, we’ll just disagree on that.

My proof? The playoffs… he schemed different based on what he had,

Is it even conceivable to you that Morris is anything less than God-like perfection? Is there any criticism of him that you will accept?

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Some of you have low fucking expectations. Trying to rationalize either side of the ball tonight is a waste of time. They both sucked ass.

If you're ok with 11 players chasing Deebo around pretending to want to tackle him on that TD congrats to you. Now take your fucking blinders off.

Same with the offense and that pile of shit that is the run and pass game.

That entire game looked like first graders vs the fourth grade. 9ers winning all over the fucking field. You can't make sense of that. That's an ass beating. It was far worse than the score indicated and while some of you will rationalize it I guaranfuckingtee you that McVay won't. And that's why he's a winner.
You tell me before a game that my D would give up 17 points.. and the Niners only had the ball for 24 minutes…. I’d take it.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Is it even conceivable to you that Morris is anything less than God-like perfection? Is there any criticism of him that you will accept?
What the fuck did I just say?

For the record… I pointed out the interior Oline had the same fucking issue… injuries.

Jesus.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
The Rams got beat tonight. I have a few complaints about the refs, but the refs didn't change the outcome of the game.

During the scrum with Ramsey and Aiyul, the refs let the 40 second clock run out then kept the clock running after they reset the clock so the whiners got to run off more than a minute on that play, which is great when you're ahead in the 4th quarter.

Secondly, Ramsey got his head turned when an OL grabbed his facemask. Pretty obvious but no call.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
What the fuck did I just say?

For the record… I pointed out the interior Oline had the same fucking issue… injuries.

Jesus.

How is "the personnel" or "injuries" a critique of Morris?

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You tell me before a game that my D would give up 17 points.. and the Niners only had the ball for 24 minutes…. I’d take it.
I'm sure you would. Disregarding we're facing a 9ers defense that always makes scoring difficult plus it's early in the year and our offense looks like shit.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Morris needs to pick up his socks, even if he is not alone in that. I strongly disagree that the defence was good enough tonight.

In what world is that tackling good enough?

In what world are those huge cushions from our DBs good enough?

In what world is 0 turnovers good enough?

Is what world is almost 0 QB pressure good enough? Donald was getting triple-teamed (!) at times, for crying out loud, and others could not win their match-ups.

A complete inability to defend intermediate throws to the middle of the field is embarrassing.

Yes, we were banged up. But San Fran had plenty of injuries on their offense. We had to do better. And if the issue was personnel, how come the same issues have plagued the Rams for years? This game was a clone of other Rams-49s tilts in recent years.

On one series, the Rams' offense put together a very long scoring drive, so the Rams' defence was well rested or ought to have been. What did they do? Roll over and immediately concede points and big plays, completely draining momentum.

San Fran missed a FG, and would have had multiple others, if not more TDs, but for the defence getting bailed out by dropped passes and inaccurate throws. Morris schematically, as well as the players on the field in terms of execution, both got completely schooled. Just like the have consistently for the past 2-3 years vs. the 49ers. The score does not accurately reflect the domination of our defence that we just witnessed.

I agree that the defence was not the biggest reason we lost. That would be the red zone failures and offensive turnovers, IMO. But just because the defence arguably was the better unit does not excuse its poor showing. Plenty of blame to go around.

Last edited:

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
How is "the personnel" or "injuries" a critique of Morris?
Because I wasn’t fucking defending anyone… I was pointing out the fucking obvious fact that they had 5th & 6th string DBs playing and had to accommodate that… and did it well enough.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I'm sure you would. Disregarding we're facing a 9ers defense that always makes scoring difficult plus it's early in the year and our offense looks like shit.
So… we’re just giving up on the offense.

Look.. 17 on the road is reasonable to expect a victory.

And, again… I added the time of possession.

No one is calling the defense “good”… but they were good enough to get a win tonight.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
It's creepy isn't it.

I sure as shit don't get it.

I get that we have injuries in our secondary, no question about that. But the kind of D we played against them tonight is the same kind we've played against them time and time again and lost. We give Jimmy the easy throws and sooner or later Deebo or someone else catches a short one in the flat, with nobody around him, gets a head of steam going and is off to the races.

Yes, we were on CB 5 and 6. So what. Put them up closer, try to take away the easy throws, and take some risks. I'd rather get beat making Jimmy do something that's not easy for him than conceding the easy throws from the get go. We've seen this script enough times now to know it isn't going to work against them. Try something different.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So… we’re just giving up on the offense.

Look.. 17 on the road is reasonable to expect a victory.

And, again… I added the time of possession.

No one is calling the defense “good”… but they were good enough to get a win tonight.
No. In fact read up a few posts and you'll see me say both sides of the ball were to blame. Plenty to go around no need for rationing. Now get the fuck off my doorstep because this is pointless with you.

LA_vision

Hall of Fame
Meh.

Agreed, I dont understand why they keep doing this. Youre facing a QB with poor deep ball accuracy, doesnt want to push the ball downfield, and is really prone to TOs when pressure applied and you give him breathing room?! I knew we were into trouble on the second drive because Jimmy was looking comfortable and getting in rhythm. Why are you doing this stupidity? Especially after that shitshow in Denver last week. Youre telling me you saw that game's all22 and were scared?