Raheem Morris discussion thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Actually, you’re just a clown.

You know deep down Morris is a garbage DC, but you got caught early in defending him, so now you have to stay committed because your ego can’t take the hit for backing the wrong horse.

Easy example, the rams had the #1 defense last year with the same core defensive players. A few left and went to the browns and DIDNT improve their defense.

Now, magically, they dropped all the way to the mid teens. In one year. What changed I wonder?

Same core players from last year, right?

Could it be that Morris is just not that good of a DC?

Is that possible?

Let’s see the metal gymnastics show you’re about to put on to explain that conundrum. You better stretch, you’re going to need to.

Dance for me.

WoOOoOoo
When did it become okay to repeatedly call someone a clown on this board?

Ric Flair

Rookie
Name
Spanky
The defense that let Nick Mullens go on an 11 play drive for a winning field goal last season?

That defense?

Could it just be that the Rams program isn't drafting and developing players that can play physical football with the 9ers?

Since they've lost to them 6 in a row.

And, please.. make the argument that having JJ and Hill out there instead of Long, DD and Rapp wouldn't have made a difference today.

So.. you either want to have a real discussion about the Rams as an organization, or you want to troll.

Now you’re projecting as an argument technique? Fact: the rams did have the #1 ranked Defense last year. Fact: now they're middle of the road and have been labeled “soft.” Thank you, Morris.

JJ and Hill were such pivotal pick ups that the they helped the browns defense become the #1 defense in the league and make the playoffs, right?

You’ve clearly shown you don’t know as much as you think you do about the rams D.

Yes, Morris is the problem. Has been all year.

Should the rams get rid of Mcvay and promote Morris to head coach? According to you, Morris is the best D coordinator in the league. It’s everybody else’s fault but his.

Only troll/clown on this board is you. Proven by multiple comments. Don’t project, you’re the outlier.

WOoOOoOoO

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Give me Flores or fangio and I’m beyond elated.

Just give me someone (and either of those two would do) that calls the D to the strength of his players and has them play on their toes to try to make something good happen for our team ... vs. Raheem Marmie's approach of playing on their heels and hoping nothing bad happens.

RamWoodie

Legend
Morris may or may not be the problem here...just saying.

He's not out there getting physically dominated...the players are.

As I watched the game it seems to me the Rams slacked after getting that 17-0 lead.

This is a scheme thing...the 9ers just flat know how to attack the Rams...and it needs to get figured out.

Once again in crunch time Stafford starts with the "panicky passes"

It could be Morris...but I'm not sure.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Jones was a huge loss. I feel like we win that game if he played.

What Morris needs to unfuck is his secondary right now. The breakdowns we had in allowing them chunk after chunk when they needed them were the biggest problem.

He might need to demote Rapp. I don't know the calls but I suspect Rapp just had one of his worst games.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Morris may or may not be the problem here...just saying.

He's not out there getting physically dominated...the players are.

As I watched the game it seems to me the Rams slacked after getting that 17-0 lead.

This is a scheme thing...the 9ers just flat know how to attack the Rams...and it needs to get figured out.

Once again in crunch time Stafford starts with the "panicky passes"

It could be Morris...but I'm not sure.

Saying it's a scheme thing kind of contradicts the idea that Morris might not be the problem. By definition, the defensive scheme is the responsibility of the defensive coordinator.

And we're not just talking about yesterday. The Rams D ranking plummeted from #1 to #16 this year, and that cannot simply be explained away by the loss of JJ and Troy Hill. Few if any expected them to repeat as the #1 D, but almost nobody expected them to fall all the way to the middle of the pack. With AD, Ramsey, and Floyd on board and a lot of decent complimentary pieces, it was not unreasonable to expect them to be top #10 or may be even top #5. But here we are, despite generational talents in guys like AD and Ramsey ... a middle of the pack defense, average at best and couldn't hold onto a 17 point lead or prevent God's gift to mediocrity, Jimmy G, from taking the 49ers the length of the field with less than a minute and half and no timeouts.

How McVay handles this issue in the offseason will be quite revealing. He had no tolerance for a QB who played badly against our most hated rival in two games last year and shipped him off. Is he going to stick with the guy who shit the bed twice against them this year, or is he going to demand better? Will he hold Raheem Marmie accountable the way he has done with others?

Last edited:

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Oh.
So, it's scheme and not players.

Got it.

Because what it looked like was that they couldn't tackle, even when they hit guys behind the line of scrimmage and were.. you know.. in position to make a stop.
These condescending responses are why people get pissed at you. Don't start shit and then cry about how you try and be polite and it's everyone else that is out of line. We're not retarded. We all know what you are doing.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jones was a huge loss. I feel like we win that game if he played.

What Morris needs to unfuck is his secondary right now. The breakdowns we had in allowing them chunk after chunk when they needed them were the biggest problem.

He might need to demote Rapp. I don't know the calls but I suspect Rapp just had one of his worst games.
Why do I keep reading this thread? All it’s done is add another person to ignore.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Now you’re projecting as an argument technique? Fact: the rams did have the #1 ranked Defense last year. Fact: now they're middle of the road and have been labeled “soft.” Thank you, Morris.

JJ and Hill were such pivotal pick ups that the they helped the browns defense become the #1 defense in the league and make the playoffs, right?

You’ve clearly shown you don’t know as much as you think you do about the rams D.

Yes, Morris is the problem. Has been all year.

Should the rams get rid of Mcvay and promote Morris to head coach? According to you, Morris is the best D coordinator in the league. It’s everybody else’s fault but his.

Only troll/clown on this board is you. Proven by multiple comments. Don’t project, you’re the outlier.

WOoOOoOoO

If all you're going to do is lie and over simplify.. why respond?

I've already said the defense failed yesterday.

And.. again.. if your argument is that that JJ and Hill aren't light years better than Rapp and Long/DD.. no need to chat.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
These condescending responses are why people get pissed at you. Don't start shit and then cry about how you try and be polite and it's everyone else that is out of line. We're not retarded. We all know what you are doing.
Go look at the next reply to the same guy.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Morris was the FALCONS DC that was known for choking and lost a Super Bowl. What in the hell did people expect a top 5 defense with his sheme calling.......awful
Morris wasn't the DC. He was the assistant HC/Wide receivers coach on that team.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
So..
The run game success is because of personnel and any pass game failure is because of coaching.

Got it.

I'm sorry, but the criticism of Raheem and refusal to acknowledged things like.. his secondary personnel this year was seriously flawed.. is one of the reasons I keep going on this thread.

Yeah... when they're good, it's not because of him.. when they're bad, it's because of him.

Amazing.
Same smart ass reply and no previous exchange with him.
So.. again... don't do what you do on defense that's successful.. do something else.
And.. so.. we're saying it's Reeder's fault.

Lol
Another smart-ass reply after a poster posted something you don't agree with.

I'm not going to argue with you, "So..."

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped

This was my reply in the conversation you posted about..

Okay.
That makes sense.

I do wonder, since getting run over by the 9ers has been a pretty consistent problem over the last 3 years, how much of it is player selection and development and, as someone else pointed out, not tackling in practice enough.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped

Yep.. in those replies I was being sarcastic and appropriately so.

Morris D got gutted at the end of the game and failed completely. I've said that.
I'm also pointing out that the Rams lost on their last drive to Nick Mullens last year.

I'm pointing all these things out because I don't think that changing DC is going to make this a much better defense unless they get some serious upgrades in the secondary.

I think people are still hyper-focused on Morris and refuse to acknowledge that there's a big picture problem with this team. 14 missed tackles???
Do they need to re-evaluate how much they go full pads during the season? Preseason? What is it?
Because I don't care what scheme you're running, you miss that many tackles and you're defense isn't going to do much.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Staley and the Chargers tied for 29th worst scoring defense. Just saying

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Yep.. in those replies I was being sarcastic and appropriately so.

Morris D got gutted at the end of the game and failed completely. I've said that.
I'm also pointing out that the Rams lost on their last drive to Nick Mullens last year.

I'm pointing all these things out because I don't think that changing DC is going to make this a much better defense unless they get some serious upgrades in the secondary.

I think people are still hyper-focused on Morris and refuse to acknowledge that there's a big picture problem with this team. 14 missed tackles???
Do they need to re-evaluate how much they go full pads during the season? Preseason? What is it?
Because I don't care what scheme you're running, you miss that many tackles and you're defense isn't going to do much.
Appropriate bc it's not what you believe? That doesn't make it appropriate and is not going to make anyone agree with you even if you are correct.

Changing DC's does effect how players play. Williams was playing lights out last season. Fuller took over Rapps job bc of injury last season and was one of the biggest surprises in our secondary. Speaking of Rapp, he does pretty damn good near the LOS. Ramsey shut down every top WR last season. Floyd earned himself a pretty decent pay after last season. Where is all this production now? Why are so many people out of the position where they have proven they can succeed? I would argue the tackling could POTENTIALLY be better if player were put in a position to succeed.

Our D has been playing better before this game, I will admit. But this whole team has been pretty streaky all season.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Our secondary basically requires the defensive front to get immediate pressure and if they don't the secondary will be beat. By anyone. I think right now the secondary is the weakest part of our team.

Burgess made a nice play late in the game getting out to the edge. Might be time for him to get another opportunity opposite Fuller. If they can solve that spot it would have a lot of impact to our defense.

If you watch the plays where Rapp is lined up deep he still has zero feel for what to do. No feel for when to crash down and he was late on multiple occasions because of too much cushion or delaying due to no feel for when to break on the underneath. The guy is good in run support but offenses like the 9ers who have multiple weapons can take advantage of the weak link in the pass game.

Something has to give here. IMO. We have good offenses ahead in this playoff season that will kill that side if Rapp is out there.

Oh and btw since Reeder also has to come out of there for the playoffs (all these teams will be able to isolate him with their weapons) a very easy solution would be to move Rapp to the other ILB spot and put Howard's undersized ass in there as the main backer. We will suffer a bit vs the run. But the pass defense should be quite good with those two in the box and Rapp is as good as Howard vs the run if not better.

Rapp would probably be as good as Howard as the sole guy too tbh. Better mobility and he's better locking onto guys in man coverage off the LOS than he is handling space/distance in zone.

Last edited: