Raheem Morris discussion thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Look.. I'm pretty polite on here and want to maintain that.
So, please stop with the "man-crush" stuff, okay?

So.. the Rams are an organization and these are players they've been developing for a few years. Morris came on board this year.

Whose fault is it they can't tackle?

They seemed to be able to tackle just fine last year.

Ric Flair

Rookie
Name
Spanky
It's pretty clear that your not bright.

Oh..
The 9ers went on an 11 play 56 yard drive to beat the Rams at home with Nick Mullens at QB.

I'm sure you wanted Staley fired.. .right?
You’re the only clown defending Morris. Everybody sees his failures except you.

But very interesting how you didn’t answer the question.

Are you a rams fan or Morris fan?

Because we already know the answer?

WOoOooOOoO

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
They seemed to be able to tackle just fine last year.
Oh.. because I remember Deebo running right through people on the 4th quarter drive that the 9ers pulled against the Rams last year with Nick Mullens at QB.

Shuie3225

Starter
Look.. I'm pretty polite on here and want to maintain that.
LOL that's hilarious, you're actually one of the most condescending people on this board and talk down to people daily. You're just such a narcissist you don't even know you're doing it.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
You’re the only clown defending Morris. Everybody sees his failures except you.

But very interesting how you didn’t answer the question.

Are you a rams fan or Morris fan?

Because we already know the answer?

WOoOooOOoO
I'm more of a Rams fan than you'll EVER be.

Know why? Because I pay attention to my team.
You? You're more interested in picking a fight over Morris than discussing the organization that's lost to the 9ers 6 times in a row. You're more interested in making this about Morris than discussing the fact that the Rams D lost to the 9ers last year on a 4th quarter drive with a 3rd string QB in charge.

So.. I'm a REAL Rams fan. You? You're a troll.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Oh.. because I remember Deebo running right through people on the 4th quarter drive that the 9ers pulled against the Rams last year with Nick Mullens at QB.

So then, in your opinion, we should trade Stafford, fire McVay, and promote Morris to HC? Because from the sounds of everything you post, that's what you are in favor of.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
LOL that's hilarious, you're actually one of the most condescending people on this board and talk down to people daily. You're just such a narcissist you don't even know you're doing it.
I'm sarcastic as hell and that's fair. I'm also self-aware and work hard not to insult people in that way. I can appreciate your perspective.

So.. maybe a narcissist, but just not insulting.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
So then, in your opinion, we should trade Stafford, fire McVay, and promote Morris to HC? Because from the sounds of everything you post, that's what you are in favor of.
Jesus.

No.

I think the Rams need to take a hard look at their program and what they're building. We'll find out if this is ONLY about the 9ers in the next few weeks or if it's a big-picture problem.

Because the Oline got destroyed and the players they were developing to take over the defensive backfield this year have been complete failures.

Disagree?

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
[Post Edit: oops]
Thought this was the vent thread

Kyle Shanahan is a better version of Jeff Fisher. But he's also a great playcaller.

Look at that team. Why would they ever lose? They can have injuries all over and they still look amazing.
If all you've seen are Rams Vs 49er games, maybe your like "they are just so great". But they aren't really.
They are just pretty good.. They're big, strong and physical and they play with an edge when they want to....

Yeah, they are built in a way that's tough for us, okay. Fine. But we shouldn't drop 6 in a row and each game lose a little of our confidence and pride every fucking time. McVay can downplay rival games all he wants but he has to actually win in order for that approach to work.

Does it look like the 49ers don't take our games to another level? It does to me.

AppeasFBlGods

Rookie
Oh.
So, it's scheme and not players.

Got it.

Because what it looked like was that they couldn't tackle, even when they hit guys behind the line of scrimmage and were.. you know.. in position to make a stop.
Players are responsible for knowing their leverage and their fits. So that is not what I said at all. I will say though.. that our communication hasn't been good on defense and all though it's the players on the field.. it's also coaching and preparation as well.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Players are responsible for knowing their leverage and their fits. So that is not what I said at all. I will say though.. that our communication hasn't been good on defense and all though it's the players on the field.. it's also coaching and preparation as well.
Okay.
That makes sense.

I do wonder, since getting run over by the 9ers has been a pretty consistent problem over the last 3 years, how much of it is player selection and development and, as someone else pointed out, not tackling in practice enough.

AppeasFBlGods

Rookie
So there is a basic element of philosophy that makes the niners a tough matchup. Mcvay and Snead have built their teams in a specific way that works well in the modern NFL but has issues against old school teams like the niners or titans. We started an inside linebacker who is smaller than deebo Samuel. (Travin Howard) So asking the defense to dig in and stop the niners run game, Mano y Mano can't work. The defense is built to play pass and play with a lead..rush the passer and get turnovers from the other teams mistakes. While forcing teams to be efficient and removing big plays. Kyle shanahan loves to be efficient.

This is why today's loss hurts. We had them. We got enough from our passing game against a tough pass rush to play with the lead. We had a situation where the niners had to pass and had to get chunks. Which is what the defense is designed and built for. The fact that it folded that easily is disturbing. The fact that a defense that is playing off man and quarters all day can fail to take away big plays in the passing game.. is concerning. They are having communication issues and technique issues. We rushed 3 guys twice on that drive yet gave up easy fast completions with 8 in coverage. That shouldn't happen. Sure you can get burned playing coverage when a QB buys time. But it shouldn't be quick and easy.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
The defense is built to play pass and play with a lead..rush the passer and get turnovers from the other teams mistakes. While forcing teams to be efficient and removing big plays.

Agreed, but we were up 17-0 and they still managed to come back and win.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
@Kupped Look everyone has valid points McVay made some boneheaded calls no doubt .....in the game thread I came right out soon as he did it pissed off. Just couldn't understand it but the defense had a bigger hand in this. I told you weeks ago bro that there has to be a relationship between the offense and defense a harmonious one and you just kept harping on the offense solely and I kept saying yes but but but.......so I'm still sticking to that as well but ultimately you do need to break it down. You can't just say that when a cooridanator is not doing a good job just blame the head coach for hiring him but if a coordinator does well then he gets a job because he made himself a hot commodity. As a coordinator he has a job to do and he hasn't done it well at times and it will cost us and him if he doesn't right the ship. McVay and Morris friends or no friends are not in unison. I posted earlier they are not peanut butter and chocolate they are oil and vinegar Morris scheme is not conducive to Mcvays offense and vice versa. Your not wrong in a lot of things you say but you also need to see the other perspective too. McKay has some shortcomings at times but Morris has many more. If both fired today who do you think phones is ringing off the hook? I do think we all pissed fine cause it's weird we shouldn't be happy because we won the division but we aren't feels a bit hollow almost empty overall we fear where this season may be heading. I don't want to have a back and forth I said to you then I will sa it again I think we both have valid points but it is a team game at times different aspects of this team has not carried there weight offense special teams defense coaching etc. I do think the general consensus is that Morris'has been weakest of the links. Does that mean it's solely on Morris' absolutely not. That's my take hope it's not misconstrued in anyway. Like coach said we get to play again is all we can go by. Obviously still can't sleep and I have to be up by 5am lol.

Ric Flair

Rookie
Name
Spanky
I'm sarcastic as hell and that's fair. I'm also self-aware and work hard not to insult people in that way. I can appreciate your perspective.

So.. maybe a narcissist, but just not insulting.
Actually, you’re just a clown.

You know deep down Morris is a garbage DC, but you got caught early in defending him, so now you have to stay committed because your ego can’t take the hit for backing the wrong horse.

Easy example, the rams had the #1 defense last year with the same core defensive players. A few left and went to the browns and DIDNT improve their defense.

Now, magically, they dropped all the way to the mid teens. In one year. What changed I wonder?

Same core players from last year, right?

Could it be that Morris is just not that good of a DC?

Is that possible?

Let’s see the metal gymnastics show you’re about to put on to explain that conundrum. You better stretch, you’re going to need to.

Dance for me.

WoOOoOoo

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Actually, you’re just a clown.

You know deep down Morris is a garbage DC, but you got caught early in defending him, so now you have to stay committed because your ego can’t take the hit for backing the wrong horse.

Easy example, the rams had the #1 defense last year with the same core defensive players. A few left and went to the browns and DIDNT improve their defense.

Now, magically, they dropped all the way to the mid teens. In one year. What changed I wonder?

Same core players from last year, right?

Could it be that Morris is just not that good of a DC?

Is that possible?

Let’s see the metal gymnastics show you’re about to put on to explain that conundrum. You better stretch, you’re going to need to.

Dance for me.

WoOOoOoo
The defense that let Nick Mullens go on an 11 play drive for a winning field goal last season?

That defense?

Could it just be that the Rams program isn't drafting and developing players that can play physical football with the 9ers?

Since they've lost to them 6 in a row.

And, please.. make the argument that having JJ and Hill out there instead of Long, DD and Rapp wouldn't have made a difference today.

So.. you either want to have a real discussion about the Rams as an organization, or you want to troll.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When he is aggressive playing man I love it

But how anyone can defend the 3-7 and the dbs playing 10-12 yards off the WRs is beyond me you may as not cover anyone

NCRamGuy

Rookie
Name
ManmadeRam
Morris was the FALCONS DC that was known for choking and lost a Super Bowl. What in the hell did people expect a top 5 defense with his sheme calling.......awful

Zodi

Hall of Fame
When he is aggressive playing man I love it

But how anyone can defend the 3-7 and the dbs playing 10-12 yards off the WRs is beyond me you may as not cover anyone

This is the biggest difference if you compare what the 49ers did on defense yesterday to what we do on defense. The 49ers DB's were mugging our receivers at the LOS versus us playing 10 yards off. Giving them a free release all game negates our pass rush. Doing what the 49ers did slows receivers down, causing the QB to hesitate just enough for the pass rush to get home.

And I'm not sure what's going on with the communication between the DB's, but it's awful. Taylor Rapp will completely leave a zone to cover an invisible man.

John R

Rookie
Name
John R
Exactly! I get it that we don’t match up well against their physical run game, but I thought we had them right where we wanted them, when we jumped ahead and forced them to pass. I’m laughing at that guy, who earlier in the season said Garopolo wasn’t even a NFL caliber qb, he looks like Dan Marino when he plays against up.

Stafford made mistakes, but he put the team up when it counted, not his fault our D sucks so bad.