Raheem Morris discussion thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Lol..

Good luck with any of those guys with Rapp, Williams, DD and Long in your secondary and Reeder in there instead of Jones.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
We saw this shit prevent vs the Seahawks and Vikings when we had the lead and they chunked it down the field in a few plays. Other teams know that and they lick their chops at the soft coverage.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
And why doesn't anyone on our defense know how to tackle? Especially the LBs.
LBs.. DL.. OLBs.. DBs.. everyone was missing fucking tackles today.

That's one of the reasons I roll my eyes some at the scheme stuff.. the guys were in the right positions to throw the 9ers back for losses.. and the players let them off the hook.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
LBs.. DL.. OLBs.. DBs.. everyone was missing fucking tackles today.

That's one of the reasons I roll my eyes some at the scheme stuff.. the guys were in the right positions to throw the 9ers back for losses.. and the players let them off the hook.

And who is responsible for making sure they make tackles? The defensive coordinator.

MachS

Hall of Fame
I'm sure he'll get moved to some sort of defensive advisory role out of respect by McVay. But he wont be scheming or calling plays next year you can count on that. Not after today. I saw it on McVay's face after they tied it up at the end of regulation.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
And who is responsible for making sure they make tackles? The defensive coordinator.

Oh.

Got it.. so.. you think that Reeder, Rapp, DD and Long can be coached up and will be starters on a more successful Rams defense next year?

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I'm sure he'll get moved to some sort of defensive advisory role out of respect by McVay. But he wont be scheming or calling plays next year you can count on that. Not after today. I saw it on McVay's face after they tied it up at the end of regulation.
Oh, boy.. then I wonder what the conversation was like when they lost to a backup QB on the 9ers last year with the 9ers winning on a big 4th quarter drive.
Must've been bad.. maybe McVay secretly fired Staley over that.
The 9ers had an 11 play, 56 yard drive to win the game on a FG with Nick fucking Mullens at QB.

Tano

Legend
You know - I wouldn't mind keeping Morris around if he kept playing like he did the first half the entire game

But he went soft zone at just the wrong times.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Oh.

Got it.. so.. you think that Reeder, Rapp, DD and Long can be coached up and will be starters on a more successful Rams defense next year?

Several of them should probably go, along with your man crush, Morris. But why is our team SO SHITTY at tackling?
If I was a coach, and my team missed loads of tackles, that would be a main focus in practice. Not like this is the first time our team couldn't tackle this year.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Several of them should probably go, along with your man crush, Morris. But why is our team SO SHITTY at tackling?
If I was a coach, and my team missed loads of tackles, that would be a main focus in practice. Not like this is the first time our team couldn't tackle this year.
Look.. I'm pretty polite on here and want to maintain that.
So, please stop with the "man-crush" stuff, okay?

So.. the Rams are an organization and these are players they've been developing for a few years. Morris came on board this year.

Whose fault is it they can't tackle?

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
The HC dictates if live tackling is done in practice.

AppeasFBlGods

Rookie
Tackling is about angles and positioning more than just hitting or wrapping up. A big reason why they missed so many tackles is mental. Their out of position constantly.. so making the tackles in space is harder to do. The run fits are off and the response in coverage to the presnap motions in the 2nd half was awful. That is why they kept missing

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Tackling is about angles and positioning more than just hitting or wrapping up. A big reason why they missed so many tackles is mental. Their out of position constantly.. so making the tackles in space is harder to do. The run fits are off and the response in coverage to the presnap motions in the 2nd half was awful. That is why they kept missing

Oh.
So, it's scheme and not players.

Got it.

Because what it looked like was that they couldn't tackle, even when they hit guys behind the line of scrimmage and were.. you know.. in position to make a stop.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I’ll bet somewhere on the internet there is a Brandon Staley discussion thread.

Ric Flair

Rookie
Name
Spanky
Jesus Christ.

This guy is still kissing Morris’s a$$? Even after that defensive debacle?

*****Newsfalsh*******

You’re the only clown defending Morris. Are you a Rams fan or a Morris fangirl?

We can’t tell……….

WOoOooOoo

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Jesus Christ.

This guy is still kissing Morris’s a$$? Even after that defensive debacle?

*****Newsfalsh*******

You’re the only clown defending Morris. Are you a Rams fan or a Morris fangirl?

We can’t tell……….

WOoOooOoo
Welp..
I edited out the real response..

-This is McVay's team
-These are McVay's players
-These are McVay's coaches
-These are McVay's chose style's to play on offense and defense.

If you think the Rams defensive problems are as reductive as.. "but Morris", maybe football's not for you?

The Rams have scheme, coaching, player development and draft pick issues on defense.

Ric Flair

Rookie
Name
Spanky
Welp..
I edited out the real response..

-This is McVay's team
-These are McVay's players
-These are McVay's coaches
-These are McVay's chose style's to play on offense and defense.

If you think the Rams defensive problems are as reductive as.. "but Morris", maybe football's not for you?

The Rams have scheme, coaching, player development and draft pick issues on defense.

-You only care about Morris.

If/when Morris leaves, will you become a fan of whatever team is dumb enough to hires him?

It’s pretty clear you don’t like the Rams. You just like Morris.

Are you Morris?

WOoOooOOo

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
-You only care about Morris.

If/when Morris leaves, will you become a fan of whatever team is dumb enough to hires him?

It’s pretty clear you don’t like the Rams. You just like Morris.

Are you Morris?

WOoOooOOo
It's pretty clear that your not bright.

Oh..
The 9ers went on an 11 play 56 yard drive to beat the Rams at home with Nick Mullens at QB.

I'm sure you wanted Staley fired.. .right?