Raheem Morris discussion thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Welcome back. I guess...

Well - if you know anything about Raheem Morris (F’ the HATERS) he
Is Always about The RAMS FIRST!!

Sean Mcvay (loves) respects him & when Lafleur was HIred as The Rams OC he made clear that his relationship with Raheem Morris is MEANINGFUL!!

So whatever part of team Ram Fans don’t understand. UNDERSTAND that!!
This guy is FIRST CLASS & a mentor to (Young) Men !

Eric Henderson is The Best D” Line coach in The NFL imo.(ram Homer),but his relationships with AD99( Rams D” players) & say Raheem Morris means a lot moving into 2023.

So who is to say Eric Henderson wouldn’t have had a opportunity to become a DC with either The Rams or the Colts if Raheem Morris was going to be hired.

I’ll say there are people around like both those 2 (owner & GM) that don’t respect Raheem Morris for 1 reason & he was never ever going to be there HC from the start. It was all about the NFL & how it wants to be perceived.
The whole Jeff Saturday was it’s own thing. Talk about border? Yes totally borderline & what that was.

I’m just mad the 8ers got draft picks the last couple season & this season with another one of there coaches becoming a HC it is deserving.

People can say what they want & cut things the way they want to,but cut & dry is pretty much always going to be the closets to The truth.

Yes - The Rams have a good coach in Raheem Morris. I’m also excited to see what changes & players The Rams will be putting of The Grass!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Just going to say - Raheem Morris helped make some big moves at the END of the 2022 SEASON!!

I just wonder how many Haters can open there eyes to see it!! There is always going to be differences.Inget that part of it.

ESPN & Fox Sports love the good cop bad cop.I get into it as well.I like it because I have(like most) have an open mind.There are all kinds of ideas & thoughts out there.

Just excited to see what The Rams changes are going to be. Even with the coaching Staff first.

DB’s coach or Shula’s future.

Tano

Legend

Sean Mcvay (loves) respects him & when Lafleur was HIred as The Rams OC he made clear that his relationship with Raheem Morris is MEANINGFUL!!

Eric Henderson is The Best D” Line coach in The NFL imo.(ram Homer),but his relationships with AD99( Rams D” players) & say Raheem Morris means a lot moving into 2023.

So who is to say Eric Henderson wouldn’t have had a opportunity to become a DC with either The Rams or the Colts if Raheem Morris was going to be hired.

I’ll say there are people around like both those 2 (owner & GM) that don’t respect Raheem Morris for 1 reason & he was never ever going to be there HC from the start. It was all about the NFL & how it wants to be perceived.
The whole Jeff Saturday was it’s own thing. Talk about border? Yes totally borderline & what that was.

I’m just mad the 8ers got draft picks the last couple season & this season with another one of there coaches becoming a HC it is deserving.

People can say what they want & cut things the way they want to,but cut & dry is pretty much always going to be the closets to The truth.

Yes - The Rams have a good coach in Raheem Morris. I’m also excited to see what changes & players The Rams will be putting of The Grass!
I have never said F the Morris supporters so that was uncalled for

Tano

Legend
Just going to say - Raheem Morris helped make some big moves at the END of the 2022 SEASON!!

I just wonder how many Haters can open there eyes to see it!! There is always going to be differences.Inget that part of it.

ESPN & Fox Sports love the good cop bad cop.I get into it as well.I like it because I have(like most) have an open mind.There are all kinds of ideas & thoughts out there.

Just excited to see what The Rams changes are going to be. Even with the coaching Staff first.

DB’s coach or Shula’s future.
I just can't say Morris is a very good DC when he neuters the greatest DL in possibly all time with the 2.3 seconds QB released the ball

Again I can't harp enough on that. The next fastest was .5 seconds slower.

PARAM

Hall of Fame

I think it's a matter of perception.

"Morris was more aggressive the 2nd half of 2021....he played more press"
Does anybody think that may have been twofold? Not only did he have Von Miller but he had DWill. It's quite possible he and McVay decided that wasn't going to work in 2022 without VM and DWill? At least not from the jump. Kendricks and Durant might made some costly errors that gave up quick scores.

And I've also heard some say, "well he was more aggressive this year vs ___________". Then I go back rewatch the games, counting the number of times he played press and it's no different or a miniscule difference (1 - 2 times). It's perception. We won so he must have been more aggressive.

And doesn't it also depend on the opponent and their capabilities?

A lot of teams play bend don't break defense because it works.......when you have a legit offense to compliment it. And it's probably even more important if your offense isn't that good. The more times an offense has to execute perfectly, the better the chances they screw up. Hell we see that with OUR offense.

I never got the Morris hate. We won the fooking SB with a great offense and his defense. This year? The lack of offense....due to OL injuries and lack of continuity......cost us games. Not his defense.....except the Tampa game at the end. And the argument could be made with 12 three and outs on offense, we didn't deserve the win anyway.

But make no mistake....Morris' style of defense is the way McVay wanted it. So don't blame Morris.

Tano

Legend
But make no mistake....Morris' style of defense is the way McVay wanted it. So don't blame Morris.
Yes but their defense did not allow us to overcome the offenses atrocious play. Two teams we should have beaten (maybe 3 if you count TB) that would have had us 5-7 / 6-6 and still in the running. Once we were 3-9 - it was almost mathematically impossible to get to the playoffs and the season was over for me.

I hope Morris/McVay take a really hard look at themselves and don't allow opposing QBs 2.3 seconds to get a pass off.

I would be happy with a 2.6 or 2.7 seconds to get a pass off

Donald can get there in that time.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And I've also heard some say, "well he was more aggressive this year vs ___________". Then I go back rewatch the games, counting the number of times he played press and it's no different or a miniscule difference (1 - 2 times). It's perception. We won so he must have been more aggressive.
Exactly.
Play action is more effective when you show that you can run the ball first. Over the top shots are more effective when you've attacked the underneath first. Etc etc. Game planning, play calling, whatever term used is based on cause and effect. Pressure is more effective when its not expected. Alas, anyone watching the 9ers/Eagles or SB saw plenty of "soft coverage", thinking its only the Rams and Morris doing it, is just not true. And I always chuckle when the D makes a good play, series or game, and the response is "see, they played more aggressive!" . Meanwhile its a combination of having the better matchup and who executes better on a given play that will usually win the play, series or game

Tano

Legend
Exactly.
Play action is more effective when you show that you can run the ball first. Over the top shots are more effective when you've attacked the underneath first. Etc etc. Game planning, play calling, whatever term used is based on cause and effect. Pressure is more effective when its not expected. Alas, anyone watching the 9ers/Eagles or SB saw plenty of "soft coverage", thinking its only the Rams and Morris doing it, is just not true. And I always chuckle when the D makes a good play, series or game, and the response is "see, they played more aggressive!" . Meanwhile its a combination of having the better matchup and who executes better on a given play that will usually win the play, series or game
2.3 seconds - .5 seconds faster than any other team

Tano

Legend
2.3 seconds - .5 seconds faster than any other team
I should probably state that was the stat I saw after 8 games and we were 3-5 and going downhill.

I do not know what the final stats were (can someone look up what it was after 12 games and the final game)?

I can't find it.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hope Morris/McVay take a really hard look at themselves and don't allow opposing QBs 2.3 seconds to get a pass off.
Allow it? You are seeing it backwards. You arent getting home in less without selling out. The Gregg Williams/Jeff Fisher failure mode of giving up the back breaking big play all the time because they sell out so much they leave the back door to the kitchen wide open

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I have never said F the Morris supporters so that was uncalled for
Say as you want. If you don’t like The Rams coaching staff you have that choice. You can also cheer for another team as well if you like.
The reason I SAY(THINK) F’- Morris HATERS is for a few reasons.

The first is it is uncalled for & he is an excellent coach who has years of experience.He helped win The Rams SuperBowl & The players continue to like him.

It NOT just his Play calling on defense that makes him a good coach.

Has he messed up? Has he made mistakes? IMO - yes there have been a few times I think The Rams defense could have been in a better space.

This post started if I was to look back at it in A BS WAY!! So I will always say F” - the Raheem Morris Haters as long as he is a Rams coach.

If he got hired ,I think my view would be different & except whatever his outcome was as a HC.If he lost it wouldn’t matter much anymore. I’d even agree if The Rams defense didn’t suck. If the defense stunk,I’d call it out a bit. BTW- I don’t dwell on the HATERS. They know who they are & they don’t have to be that way.
I’m sure some have changed there mind & actually support & learned to like Raheem Morris.I don’t make those decision

Tano

Legend
Say as you want. If you don’t like The Rams coaching staff you have that choice. You can also cheer for another team as well if you like.
The reason I SAY(THINK) F’- Morris HATERS is for a few reasons.

The first is it is uncalled for & he is an excellent coach who has years of experience.He helped win The Rams SuperBowl & The players continue to like him.

It NOT just his Play calling on defense that makes him a good coach.

Has he messed up? Has he made mistakes? IMO - yes there have been a few times I think The Rams defense could have been in a better space.

This post started if I was to look back at it in A BS WAY!! So I will always say F” - the Raheem Morris Haters as long as he is a Rams coach.

If he got hired ,I think my view would be different & except whatever his outcome was as a HC.If he lost it wouldn’t matter much anymore. I’d even agree if The Rams defense didn’t suck. If the defense stunk,I’d call it out a bit. BTW- I don’t dwell on the HATERS. They know who they are & they don’t have to be that way.
I’m sure some have changed there mind & actually support & learned to like Raheem Morris.I don’t make those decision
I never call out people for their opinions whether they are correct or not or say F them

Saying F them is just wrong.

You say F them to 49er fans seattle fans etc

And I don't really hate Morris - I just don't want him as our coach any more since I think he is neutering Donald

Does that make me a hater?

Tano

Legend
Allow it? You are seeing it backwards. You arent getting home in less without selling out. The Gregg Williams/Jeff Fisher failure mode of giving up the back breaking big play all the time because they sell out so much they leave the back door to the kitchen wide open
You have this completely backwards.

I am stating he is allowing the QB to get the pass off in 2.3 seconds on average because of the soft zone shit he does all the time

The average time in the league to get a pass off excluding the Rams is at minimum 2.8 seconds

Because the Rams are playing so far back on almost every play, the QB is being able to get off a quick pass.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I just can't say Morris is a very good DC when he neuters the greatest DL in possibly all time with the 2.3 seconds QB released the ball

Again I can't harp enough on that. The next fastest was .5 seconds slower.

I’ll say The Best thing Raheem Morris & The Rams did was to close down Aaron Donald in 2022.Anyone that wants to say different can.

What I like & Morris was apart of it was to compete & look towards the future while doing it.

That Tampa Bay game was season ending & really changed the season. I look at Bobby Evans still in at LG as HORRIBLE!! Taylor Rapp was flat out bad.
The prevent defense there was bad,but just like the SuperBowl the PI against Kendrick was a poor call. That said I was pissed & joined the Club of BAD defensive play calling.

The thing I liked was Hoecht getting a chance with a couple younger players.

The truth is parting ways with T. Lewis & Hollins was shocking,but also pointing out how BAD of SHAPE The Rams are at DE/OLB.

My hope is A”Robinson is back.I also see Earnest Brown improving & becoming a M. Brockers type. Bobby Brown just becoming more of a force inside.

You can call out Raheem Morris all you want. Right now it’s about finding & building players up. How they become better will be big. I’m not sure how that is going to playout?

Can you even say what The Rams defense will look like. I’m a Kendrick Fan. IMO he is going to be a core piece with Jalen RAMsey next season & Durant needs to play more in the slot. His size is always going to be an issue.
if you like Durant at all,then you have to be some what of having The Rams play zone & him facing the ball.

I actually think Kendrick has the size & talent to play press man. It’s his speed that would be in question. Have a player like (Stanford,Hags,Niner) playing)mentoring would’ve been idle.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I think it's a matter of perception.

"Morris was more aggressive the 2nd half of 2021....he played more press"
Does anybody think that may have been twofold? Not only did he have Von Miller but he had DWill. It's quite possible he and McVay decided that wasn't going to work in 2022 without VM and DWill? At least not from the jump. Kendricks and Durant might made some costly errors that gave up quick scores.

And doesn't it also depend on the opponent and their capabilities?

A lot of teams play bend don't break defense because it works.......when you have a legit offense to compliment it. And it's probably even more important if your offense isn't that good. The more times an offense has to execute perfectly, the better the chances they screw up. Hell we see that with OUR offense.

I never got the Morris hate. We won the fooking SB with a great offense and his defense. This year? The lack of offense....due to OL injuries and lack of continuity......cost us games. Not his defense.....except the Tampa game at the end. And the argument could be made with 12 three and outs on offense, we didn't deserve the win anyway.

Couldn’t agree or say it better myself.
Like I say,just don’t understand the hate.The Ram Fans that want to compliment Jeff Fisher drives me crazy as well.

PHILLY lost in the SuperBowl. How much credit does that coach with the JAGS get. Is he a QB guru?

I know I’m getting off base,but I look back at The Rams & how they were run & players they signed.

Sean Mcvay has a BIG HAND of WHY The Rams have lost as much as he has of them Lossing.

Let’s first see in 2023 what The Rams coaching staff even looks like?

Tano

Legend
I’ll say The Best thing Raheem Morris & The Rams did was to close down Aaron Donald in 2022.Anyone that wants to say different can.

What I like & Morris was apart of it was to compete & look towards the future while doing it.

That Tampa Bay game was season ending & really changed the season. I look at Bobby Evans still in at LG as HORRIBLE!! Taylor Rapp was flat out bad.
The prevent defense there was bad,but just like the SuperBowl the PI against Kendrick was a poor call. That said I was pissed & joined the Club of BAD defensive play calling.

The thing I liked was Hoecht getting a chance with a couple younger players.

The truth is parting ways with T. Lewis & Hollins was shocking,but also pointing out how BAD of SHAPE The Rams are at DE/OLB.

My hope is A”Robinson is back.I also see Earnest Brown improving & becoming a M. Brockers type. Bobby Brown just becoming more of a force inside.

You can call out Raheem Morris all you want. Right now it’s about finding & building players up. How they become better will be big. I’m not sure how that is going to playout?

Can you even say what The Rams defense will look like. I’m a Kendrick Fan. IMO he is going to be a core piece with Jalen RAMsey next season & Durant needs to play more in the slot. His size is always going to be an issue.
if you like Durant at all,then you have to be some what of having The Rams play zone & him facing the ball.

I actually think Kendrick has the size & talent to play press man. It’s his speed that would be in question. Have a player like (Stanford,Hags,Niner) playing)mentoring would’ve been idle.
I had no problem shutting down Donald after 11 games - the season was done by then

You know how I feel about Bobby Evans and Kolone even playing in games - that was a big Yikes

Taylor Rapp and Kendrick were played out of position imho

Rapp should be a strong safety close to the line of scrimmage on most plays and Kendrick should be solely a slot CB

I did like Hoecht getting him chances but he should have only played outside on passing downs

Lewis and Hollins were just pathetic.

I would like to see A Robinson E Brown and M Gaines back. Don't see both Gaines and Robinson coming back though.

Bobby Brown may become a force and can replace either Gaines or Robinson

Durant's size will be an issue but I believe he is a playmaker who will intercept more passes than TDs given up. He should be matched up with the smaller receivers the majority of the time when he is in the game.

Morris's first game against Buffalo was an eye opener to me. He had everyone healthy on defense and he let Josh Allen complete 5 yard passes all game long playing his CBs 7 yards back every play. I thought he had learned his lesson in the playoffs that if you mix it up throughout the game and even disguise plays, that the defense can make plays to stop other teams in short drives.

He let Josh Allen move up and down the field at will the majority of the game and except for a couple times where Josh Allen screwed up (which he did all season at least 1 or 2 times a game), he tore up the Rams with short passes.

And the other thing I have against Morris is that he doesn't disguise his plays at all. You know exactly what he is going to do with his CBs and safeties and the lesser QBs took advantage of it (Rush, McCoy, Daulton)

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I never call out people for their opinions whether they are correct or not or say F them

Saying F them is just wrong.

You say F them to 49er fans seattle fans etc

And I don't really hate Morris - I just don't want him as our coach any more since I think he is neutering Donald

Does that make me a hater?

Far enough - your point is solid.Not blasting you on that.

I do question your take on what you’re saying about AD99. The Rams still competed well in 2022 without him.

I’m glad The Rams lost & makes it FUNNIER how The NFL finished the season.

Whether you want to be a 9ers hater or not. I’m not a 9ers fan.I do cheer for them time to time like last season it was TOP 10 games I can remember. Classic watching Joe Barry as DC,Aaron Rogers as QB. Debo hobbling off the field & the Kittles walking off the field at Green Bay blowing steams of heat from his breath.Knowing the 9ers just beat GB. - the out come was priceless. The rest is SOFI History,but The Rams having to go silent & then a neutral game site because of the Super Bowl.

The Nick Scott Flag PISSED me off so much that if The Rams lost that way I might not have ever been a NFL Fan again(saying a lot) ,but picking up that flag & knowing that was one of The Best hits I ever seen in the moment & the player was cool.
—You still see that hit posted a lot.I don’t post about it much. The thing about that is What Raheem Morris Means to The Rams.
Can’t wait for Eric Weedle going into The HOF. My hope is he & Big Whitworth both go into it together.Does Eric Weedle go in as a Ram or Charger? Big Whit is & will ALWAYS be a RAM!! Best Ram FA signing ever!!!

Tano

Legend
Far enough - your point is solid.Not blasting you on that.

I do question your take on what you’re saying about AD99. The Rams still competed well in 2022 without him.

I’m glad The Rams lost & makes it FUNNIER how The NFL finished the season.

Whether you want to be a 9ers hater or not. I’m not a 9ers fan.I do cheer for them time to time like last season it was TOP 10 games I can remember. Classic watching Joe Barry as DC,Aaron Rogers as QB. Debo hobbling off the field & the Kittles walking off the field at Green Bay blowing steams of heat from his breath.Knowing the 9ers just beat GB. - the out come was priceless. The rest is SOFI History,but The Rams having to go silent & then a neutral game site because of the Super Bowl.

The Nick Scott Flag PISSED me off so much that if The Rams lost that way I might not have ever been a NFL Fan again(saying a lot) ,but picking up that flag & knowing that was one of The Best hits I ever seen in the moment & the player was cool.
—You still see that hit posted a lot.I don’t post about it much. The thing about that is What Raheem Morris Means to The Rams.
Can’t wait for Eric Weedle going into The HOF. My hope is he & Big Whitworth both go into it together.Does Eric Weedle go in as a Ram or Charger? Big Whit is & will ALWAYS be a RAM!! Best Ram FA signing ever!!!
Oh Weedle has to go in as a Charger - he played the majority of his year there

I think Whit might go in as a Bengal too

As to Donald, I just remember time after time he almost getting to a QB just for the QB to throw a short pass to a receiver in under 2.3 seconds. That's what I call neutering Donald. Donald didn't have time to the QB. I still remember the one play where an unblocked Donald came flying in to sack Crapola and Crapola being able to unload the ball in the direction of a SF receiver since the closest Ram was 5 to 10 yards in back of the receiver. That play disgusted me. Even an unblocked Donald couldn't get to the QB in time because of Morris soft zone scheme.

As to you cheering for the 49ers that would be like me cheering on my ex-girlfriend's boyfriend while he was in bed with her.