Raheem Morris discussion thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I have no problem with Morris staying. I think we could do worse. I just have to keep reminding myself when they give those 10 yard cushions on 3rd and 7 "Wait till the end of the game before you throw something at the TV!" As much as I cussed him during game, most times by the end they didn't give up as many points as I thought they would. The failures this past season were 80 percent offense.

Tano

Legend
I have no problem with Morris staying. I think we could do worse. I just have to keep reminding myself when they give those 10 yard cushions on 3rd and 7 "Wait till the end of the game before you throw something at the TV!" As much as I cussed him during game, most times by the end they didn't give up as many points as I thought they would. The failures this past season were 80 percent offense.
Hey I 100 percent agree with you that it was 80 percent offense. I just felt we should have won the TB game and Seattle game and have a better chance in the NO and Arizona game if he played a different style of defense 20% of the time. That would have made us possibly 9 and 8 and possible playoffs. Instead we were 3 and 9 and done

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Oh Weedle has to go in as a Charger - he played the majority of his year there

I think Whit might go in as a Bengal too

As to Donald, I just remember time after time he almost getting to a QB just for the QB to throw a short pass to a receiver in under 2.3 seconds. That's what I call neutering Donald. Donald didn't have time to the QB. I still remember the one play where an unblocked Donald came flying in to sack Crapola and Crapola being able to unload the ball in the direction of a SF receiver since the closest Ram was 5 to 10 yards in back of the receiver. That play disgusted me. Even an unblocked Donald couldn't get to the QB in time because of Morris soft zone scheme.

As to you cheering for the 49ers that would be like me cheering on my ex-girlfriend's boyfriend while he was in bed with her.

Well maybe not if he is your best friend & you set him up knowing you have to BFF’s that are going to be Happy the Rest of their Life’s? The Rams winning The Superbowl & beating The Rams at SOFI for the NFC Championship with HOUSE(whose?) Full of Niner Fans was pretty SWEET!! Going to GB & lossing in The Cold wouldn’t still give me that Warm & Fuzzy Feeling inside.

Who knows - some folks love a nice Ménage A trois,not saying if that is cool or everyone’s cup of tea. As the French oui oui.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

I looked at Troy Reeder as an example of being basically The Rams starting MLB under both Staley’s number 1 defense & Raheem Morris’s Super Bowl defense.
Raheem always says stats are for losers.I know his defense gets Frustrating.Yes & a couple of times contained myself.

Point being down & distance is always a thing I preach when watching a game. Getting off the field on 3rd down. Reeder did that more often than not. He was limited in skill set,but that is an important playing style that some players forget about.

—Jalen Ramsey is a flat out STUD!! Nick Scott I hope is brought back,but Fuller should be back 100%.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You have this completely backwards.

I am stating he is allowing the QB to get the pass off in 2.3 seconds on average because of the soft zone shit he does all the time

The average time in the league to get a pass off excluding the Rams is at minimum 2.8 seconds

Because the Rams are playing so far back on almost every play, the QB is being able to get off a quick pass.
You have it backwards. Teams get rid of the ball fast against the rams to avoid Aaron Donald. Period.
You cant get to the QB in 2.3 sec without a blitz. You just cant.
This is a fundamental football reality that you arent grasping

Tano

Legend
You have it backwards. Teams get rid of the ball fast against the rams to avoid Aaron Donald. Period.
And the reason that opposing QBs were able to get the ball off in 2.3 seconds is that the Rams played their CBs 7 yards back of the line of scrimmage on almost every play.

That is something you aren't grasping.

We were completely unable to pressure the QB when the QB could get it off that quickly because of the soft zones.

We will have to agree to disagree because I am positive I am right and you are positive you are right because clearly you are not seeing my statement at all.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
Actually Aaron Donald averaged under 3.0 seconds to get to the QB, so no they didn't need to blitz, just needed to cover a little longer.
Not Press, but no crazy 10 yard cushions.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
I’ll be shocked if we play the same 5-10+ yards off LOS db coverage scheme next year. Maybe it’s more hope than anything else. But I gotta believe the coaches saw what everyone else did and will address the issue. Whether that be via players or usage/scheme. I hope

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
I’ll be shocked if we play the same 5-10+ yearns off LOS db coverage scheme next year. Maybe it’s more hope than anything else. But I gotta believe the coaches saw what everyone else did and will address the issue. Whether that be via players or usage/scheme. I hope

When the game announcers and talk shows all brought it up and it didn't change on game day? I think we will see it if Morris is still DC.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Actually Aaron Donald averaged under 3.0 seconds to get to the QB, so no they didn't need to blitz, just needed to cover a little longer.
Not Press, but no crazy 10 yard cushions.

no, all the rams players on d are horrible. they must give up the easy 1st downs all game so they don't give up 60 yard tds all game.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And the reason that opposing QBs were able to get the ball off in 2.3 seconds is that the Rams played their CBs 7 yards back of the line of scrimmage on almost every play.

That is something you aren't grasping.

We were completely unable to pressure the QB when the QB could get it off that quickly because of the soft zones.

We will have to agree to disagree because I am positive I am right and you are positive you are right because clearly you are not seeing my statement at all.
Lol
You dont get it.
Moving on......

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I’ll be shocked if we play the same 5-10+ yards off LOS db coverage scheme next year. Maybe it’s more hope than anything else. But I gotta believe the coaches saw what everyone else did and will address the issue. Whether that be via players or usage/scheme. I hope
I think we will see plenty of it. But maybe not as much. There was talk he had to play that way because he didn't want to expose the inexperienced players he had to use due to injuries. So now that these guys have more experience maybe he'll be more aggressive?

PARAM

Hall of Fame
When the game announcers and talk shows all brought it up and it didn't change on game day? I think we will see it if Morris is still DC.
Well I'm not from L.A. so not privy to the talk shows but if McVay and Morris stayed the course instead of listening to talking heads, I have soooo much more respect for them. And you for not including internet posters in the group to which they apparently should have been listening. I know the talking heads were also questioning their all in approach in 2021. How'd that work out?

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
Well I'm not from L.A. so not privy to the talk shows but if McVay and Morris stayed the course instead of listening to talking heads, I have soooo much more respect for them. And you for not including internet posters in the group to which they apparently should have been listening. I know the talking heads were also questioning their all in approach in 2021. How'd that work out?

From Baldy's Breakdown:
Right now, the Rams’ secondary has been getting an unusual amount of attention over their insistence on playing so soft in coverage. While I am not one who has chimed in on the topic, I can’t ignore the topic when the best NFL Analyst in the business, Brian Baldinger, calls out the Rams secondary for playing so deep at a time when the Rams needed to force the Buccaneers to exhaust the 40+ seconds remaining on the clock.

You would have had to put your head in the sand or fingers in your ears as "everyone" was talking about it after the Bucs Final Drive.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
From Baldy's Breakdown:
Right now, the Rams’ secondary has been getting an unusual amount of attention over their insistence on playing so soft in coverage. While I am not one who has chimed in on the topic, I can’t ignore the topic when the best NFL Analyst in the business, Brian Baldinger, calls out the Rams secondary for playing so deep at a time when the Rams needed to force the Buccaneers to exhaust the 40+ seconds remaining on the clock.

You would have had to put your head in the sand or fingers in your ears as "everyone" was talking about it after the Bucs Final Drive.
Oh, that makes all the difference in the world. You're talking about one game? Sure, Morris should have said, "okay kids, I know we haven't asked you to play press so far this year but now we need you to excel in that area. And look at the bright side, at least if you fail quickly and give up a big play, we'll have 25 seconds to go down and kick the GWFG. After 12 three and outs, our offense is due!"

And of course getting to 4-4 there would have made it a completely different season. John Wolford wouldn't have thrown for only 147 yards, while putting up 10 points prior to our final drive if only he had the incentive a 4-4 record would have provided! Playoffs baby!!!

Last edited:

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
Oh, that makes all the difference in the world. You're talking about one game? Sure, Morris should have said, "okay kids, I know we haven't asked you to play press so far this year but now we need you to excel in that area. And look at the bright side, at least if you fail quickly and give up a big play, we'll have 25 seconds to go down and kick the GWFG. After 12 three and outs, our offense is due!"

And of course getting to 4-4 there would have made it a completely different season. John Wolford wouldn't have thrown for only 147 yards, while putting up 10 points prior to our final drive if only he had the incentive a 4-4 record would have provided! Playoffs baby!!!

But you said you missed everyone talking about it. So ... just one example it was topic all year. Where you been? Antarctica?

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Far enough - your point is solid.Not blasting you on that.

I do question your take on what you’re saying about AD99. The Rams still competed well in 2022 without him.

I’m glad The Rams lost & makes it FUNNIER how The NFL finished the season.

Whether you want to be a 9ers hater or not. I’m not a 9ers fan.I do cheer for them time to time like last season it was TOP 10 games I can remember. Classic watching Joe Barry as DC,Aaron Rogers as QB. Debo hobbling off the field & the Kittles walking off the field at Green Bay blowing steams of heat from his breath.Knowing the 9ers just beat GB. - the out come was priceless. The rest is SOFI History,but The Rams having to go silent & then a neutral game site because of the Super Bowl.

The Nick Scott Flag PISSED me off so much that if The Rams lost that way I might not have ever been a NFL Fan again(saying a lot) ,but picking up that flag & knowing that was one of The Best hits I ever seen in the moment & the player was cool.
—You still see that hit posted a lot.I don’t post about it much. The thing about that is What Raheem Morris Means to The Rams.
Can’t wait for Eric Weedle going into The HOF. My hope is he & Big Whitworth both go into it together.Does Eric Weedle go in as a Ram or Charger? Big Whit is & will ALWAYS be a RAM!! Best Ram FA signing ever!!!
Wtf?! You cheer for the Whiners? Man fuck that piece of shit team. Only cheering for them to lose is acceptable around these parts.