Raheem Morris discussion thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
Rams 2022 problems were 80/20 offense/defense. For the offense it’s easy to blame the injuries but the OL was weak from the beginning, ARob was never fully integrated, the RB room was situated and the playcalling seemed more vanilla - relying was to heavily on Kupp. For the defense Add an Edge that can put serious pressure on the WB and find a shutdown CB2 and I feel the Rams are solid.
Dang, dang, that was a dang good assessment. You know your stuff, my man!!

~ArkyRamsFan~

madrid311

RomandeacondickersonolsenwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Madrid311
if Morris leaves, how about jeff Fisher as DC? he is good at that. happy to have him.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
On the bright side we won't have to worry about going 7-9 anymore.
Freaking amazing how some Jeff Fisher fans are still around.

Is it too soon to say St.Louis? That is another topic all in itself.
My only hope was if The Rams were still there my hope FIRE JEFF (dumb-azz)FISHER!!
Oh - I hope they saw what an AZZ - he was. At least Kevin Demoff was smart enough to know LA Ram Fans would have made Stan’s Life ugly for a minute.
—Thenjs ED29 & The Rams still have Les Snead!!! Oh & a Superbowl ring & 2 appearances in 2 in 6 seasons. 1 with Raheem Morris as The Rams DC!!!
I do regret never going to The Dome!! Would have loved tailgating at The River with wonderful Ram Fans!!
—LA has taken that experience away from Fans. At least Colosseum had nice outside tailgating partying.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Raheem?? Still a big ??? Mark ??

Vic is coaching for the Eagles this week helping as DC.

Would Mcvay have gone with Flores -Then again what are the predictions of Raheem & the open slots defensibly

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Pretty sure Morris is back as DC. I'm fine with that. Our offense was the problem last year and I suspect it will be again this year if no significant changes are made.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Pretty sure Morris is back as DC. I'm fine with that. Our offense was the problem last year and I suspect it will be again this year if no significant changes are made.
Offense definitely needs more work but Morris needs to mix in more aggressive play calling when the situation calls for it. Stop exclusively playing that pansy ass 10 yards off at the end of games. Need to play defense to win not play to not lose. I personally want to see our D giving even just a second extra for AD to get to the QB. That alone would make our D better.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
"Hey Rah I think we're gonna move you to 'Offensive Assistant' so we can get you a head coach job."
~ McVay

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
This has been quite obvious, hopefully, this motivates Morris to come out next year guns a blazing on defense.
DC Morris is back!

Okay, not at all surprised after both the defensive season performances of the Rams under his regime. That said I am pleased this McVay's selected DC...... is still with him & working with him under the pressure this Ram team has placed itself in for 2023. Many changes from the way this Ram team has been built or repaired in the recent half-decade are in order.

Morris is a very experienced highly mature & smart NFL coach who can still assist McVay greatly in facing the obstacles upcoming this season. McVay replacing both his OC & DC & ST coaches would have placed a major load on McVay.

If Morris desires an HC job he knows whatever he has down in the past is not enough to get him what he wants. Thus he is going to have to do a better job this season which is good for McVay & himself!

Now Morris McVay Snead can figure out how to get this team ready to come in below the salary cap...which starters can be traded or released to accomplish that mandate. Most are on the defensive side of the team. Morris will be very busy with his Rams from this point.

Last edited:

oldnotdead

Legend
Morris is a mediocre DC. IMO he will follow his proteges out the door once Indy picks a HC if it isn't him. McVay doesn't like to promote from within but this late I can see him promoting Henderson if he doesn't have someone else already in mind.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Going into Pre Free Agency phase where the Org will be forced to make some very tough big decisions on Morris's defense on several of his top defenders (Donald/ Floyd/ Ramsey) if they will be traded or released early or wait till the draft. Those 3 have close to $75 million of this season's salary cap tied up in them.

Highly probable one is going to be deleted from DC Morris roster. Still questionable if 2 will be deleted. So I see Morris DL/ Edge/ Safety & Corner defense unit being under reconstruction. The offense only has one unit under repair. In addition, DC Morris has 6 starters involved in UFA'cy. If that's not reconstruction ......

Thus I am glad McVay has an experienced DC by his side this upcoming side for this rebuilding of the Ram's defense

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Morris is a mediocre DC. IMO he will follow his proteges out the door once Indy picks a HC if it isn't him. McVay doesn't like to promote from within but this late I can see him promoting Henderson if he doesn't have someone else already in mind.
McVay has someone in mind for DC.
His name is Raheem Morris