Raheem Morris discussion thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I actually would have no problem if Morris returns. We could do worse. That bend don't break is frustrating as hell for sure. But when the 60 minutes are over and the other team has to settle for a lot more field goals, it does give us a chance to win as long as the offense can return to form.

On the other hand, it wouldn't bother me if he gets a head coaching job because of the comp pick. A little Snead magic could net us extra day two picks and a comp pick would be a bonus.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I actually would have no problem if Morris returns. We could do worse. That bend don't break is frustrating as hell for sure. But when the 60 minutes are over and the other team has to settle for a lot more field goals, it does give us a chance to win as long as the offense can return to form.

On the other hand, it wouldn't bother me if he gets a head coaching job because of the comp pick. A little Snead magic could net us extra day two picks and a comp pick would be a bonus.
I am far from being a fan of Morris's defenses, but is providing McVay help......is a priority?

Then having a veteran DC & ex-HC experienced coach NOW under strong consideration for the current open HC (Morris) teamed with McVay is a very big positive for this upcoming season.

If the Rams do lose the current assistant head coach Brown then I would move Morris into this Assistant HC post plus the DC title & put more duties & responsibilities on Henderson & Shula. Let them prove themselves with some more heat:fire1:.

Last edited:

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I am far from being a fan of Morris's defenses, but if providing McVay help......is a priority?

Then having a veteran DC & ex-HC experience coach is NOW under strong consideration for current open HC (Morris) teamed with McVay is a very big positive for this upcoming season.
I looked at all 12 losses on the season. If our offense was close to what it has been previous years we easily coulda won 5 more games. As much as the Morris defense has been maligned, and they did have some bad games, the offense was the real cause of our downfall.

Tano

Legend
I looked at all 12 losses on the season. If our offense was close to what it has been previous years we easily coulda won 5 more games. As much as the Morris defense has been maligned, and they did have some bad games, the offense was the real cause of our downfall.
Lucas Till Riley GIF by CBS

Just messing with ya :)

RamUK

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So what exactly are you saying? The Rams have already won Superbowls without him. To think the answer is NO would be crazy. The question first has to be asked what Raheem Morris’s cutis with The Rams. Or am I missing something.
I was pointing out the absurdity of taking one stat to make a point.

If pointing out he lost 12 games is relevant then so is the fact his D won a Super Bowl.

I'm ambivalent about Morris, but I trust McVay.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Morris is a decent DC and we won a Lombardi with him so kudos to him.

But seriously, with the Rams talent, should we not expect better?

My problem with Morris is that he seems to have a blind spot when it comes to the whiners and plays soft shell zone even when that is the defense that they excel against.

oldnotdead

Legend
People need to understand that the Rams got exceedingly lucky last year. This is what I alluded to at the start of the playoffs. That luck of the draw, had all the cards falling the Ram's way. Their matchups were optimal while the Niners did the heavy lifting. As I said back then the biggest hurdle was beating the Niners in the championship game. They got lucky getting the Bengals when the Chiefs blew a 21-3 lead.

Had the Rams faced tougher playoff teams the Rams could have easily lost in the playoffs with that soft prevent zone. They had perhaps the worst defense in the playoffs. They were 13th against the run and 22nd against the pass. The Chiefs would have carved up Morris' prevent defense. Morris took the #1 ranked defense when he took over and dropped it into the toilet. This is Pro Football Reference rankings BTW. PFF is a total joke.

How can anyone with a straight face say they have been a good defense? They are barely mediocre. Sometimes I swear people are watching different games. Go ahead and do a deep dive and see how this defense has sunk in the rankings compared to others in the NFL ever since Morris took over. Even casual watchers can see Morris led defenses can't get off the field on 3rd downs and thereby limiting the Ram offensive possessions.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
People need to understand that the Rams got exceedingly lucky last year. This is what I alluded to at the start of the playoffs. That luck of the draw, had all the cards falling the Ram's way. Their matchups were optimal while the Niners did the heavy lifting. As I said back then the biggest hurdle was beating the Niners in the championship game. They got lucky getting the Bengals when the Chiefs blew a 21-3 lead.

Had the Rams faced tougher playoff teams the Rams could have easily lost in the playoffs with that soft prevent zone. They had perhaps the worst defense in the playoffs. They were 13th against the run and 22nd against the pass. The Chiefs would have carved up Morris' prevent defense. Morris took the #1 ranked defense when he took over and dropped it into the toilet. This is Pro Football Reference rankings BTW. PFF is a total joke.

How can anyone with a straight face say they have been a good defense? They are barely mediocre. Sometimes I swear people are watching different games. Go ahead and do a deep dive and see how this defense has sunk in the rankings compared to others in the NFL ever since Morris took over. Even casual watchers can see Morris led defenses can't get off the field on 3rd downs and thereby limiting the Ram offensive possessions.
Dude ,I’m a realist.There is a lot of truth to what you’re saying.
-First I’ll say Raheem Morris is nit the problem.It’s talent.I won’t go there.Just very curious about The Rams coaching staff.Mcvay needed to get The Rams IC signed & on the Books!!
Evero IMO could comeback & Morris take over as assistant HC.
Then if The Rams are doing as bad as last season Mcvay can just walk (run)away.Who Knows?
The names that came out got sort of leaked IMO.I also believe the media is actually being held to a higher level.How they took Mcvay leaving so out of control was silly.

-Niners beating The Rams when Morris had his stink Defense as you say when Jimmy G brought them back at SOFI.The DB in the playoffs missed that game clutching INT at SOFI in the playoffs. The NINER’s beating GReen Bay was a classic & my love hate relationship with the NINER’s was never so proud.
As an NFL fan I give respects.
Seeing Debo banged up & Kittle coming off the sidelines in the cold(breath cold smoke) body heat looking like a sauna.
Taylor Rapp thought vs. Eric Weedle made the difference for The Rams. Nick Scott became a BEAST!! Talk about The WOKE!! He WOKE Debo up!!
—Ask Buffalo about Von Miller & why their defense became crap? Got destroyed by CINCINNATI at HOME!! Frazier the Rams exDC??

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
If Raheem Morris gets the Clits HC job it’s because of the GREAT person he is!!
I don’t care about what anyone wants to keep thinking about how bad he is as a DC.
—IMO I do believe Raheem Morris is that guy who is going to look after other (coaches) people.That is why I predict he won’t be The Rams DC next season?
I also think Mcvay is going a little stir-crazy figuring this out.Those Rumors about Evero coming to The Rams IMO are realistic & he is probably going to be The Rams next DC?
Would be funny if Pleasant came back, but something might have happened there? Is Shula the guy again DB’s (CB) coach.

I know 2 different post. Just makes it all related.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I am far from being a fan of Morris's defenses, but is providing McVay help......is a priority?

Then having a veteran DC & ex-HC experienced coach NOW under strong consideration for the current open HC (Morris) teamed with McVay is a very big positive for this upcoming season.

If the Rams do lose the current assistant head coach Brown then I would move Morris into this Assistant HC post plus the DC title & put more duties & responsibilities on Henderson & Shula. Let them prove themselves with some more heat:fire1:.

Bonify’d you know better than myself how much The Rams need a DE!!;:;;;Edge pass rusher.
IMO also is that if Morris is the Rams DC Mcvay knows what he wants from that side of the ball as well as The Players.
I also don’t see how The Rams get rid of Jalen Ramsey,unless he wants out.

Hobgoblin

Rookie
He ain’t going anywhere.

I hope he keeps up at least to what he does even if it is underperforming as if our O was competitive we would have at least made playoffs.

dang

Legend
Morris is a decent DC and we won a Lombardi with him so kudos to him.

But seriously, with the Rams talent, should we not expect better?

My problem with Morris is that he seems to have a blind spot when it comes to the whiners and plays soft shell zone even when that is the defense that they excel against.
Rams 2022 problems were 80/20 offense/defense. For the offense it’s easy to blame the injuries but the OL was weak from the beginning, ARob was never fully integrated, the RB room was situated and the playcalling seemed more vanilla - relying was to heavily on Kupp. For the defense Add an Edge that can put serious pressure on the WB and find a shutdown CB2 and I feel the Rams are solid.