Kupp out an extended period of time

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
Kupp is in great condition and treats his body well he will be back so will Puka now its time to dig down and run the rock over and over again

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Kupp is in great condition and treats his body well he will be back so will Puka now its time to dig down and run the rock over and over again
Hoping we get in the playoffs with both of them healthy. Then we'll see some shit.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
So sounds to me that we can’t afford to use one of the few remaining IR slots. We basically have to eat the roster spot and Coop will probably be out more than 4 weeks.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I've always warned about when players get past 30 years old. While they still have the elite skill set injuries happen more often at that age. Kupp does a great job maintaining his body. But he plays a violent sport. No amount of conditioning can prevent certain injuries.

It was great that Puka was able to play all of last season. But he did have injury concerns before the draft. Jonah Jackson had injury concerns. Now that stuff is rearing its ugly head.

I don't think any team can withstand this many injuries. Its our turn now. Life in the NFL.

Jacobarch

Legend
Name
Jake
I've always warned about when players get past 30 years old. While they still have the elite skill set injuries happen more often at that age. Kupp does a great job maintaining his body. But he plays a violent sport. No amount of conditioning can prevent certain injuries.

It was great that Puka was able to play all of last season. But he did have injury concerns before the draft. Jonah Jackson had injury concerns. Now that stuff is rearing its ugly head.

I don't think any team can withstand this many injuries. Its our turn now. Life in the NFL.

Unfortunately I don't think this situation applies to kupp. He was injured by a drop hip tackle which was banned by the NFL this season. Refs also missed the call on the field.

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
Even if the refs call the hip drop the result remains the same. Kupp is out and the Rams lose the game.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
The thing about hip drop tackles is, they are supposed to review them after the games and fine the player for doing it. We will see if they fine the scum bag that did that to Kupp.

Jacobarch

Legend
Name
Jake
Even if the refs call the hip drop the result remains the same. Kupp is out and the Rams lose the game.

The point I am alluding to is the tackle was illegal, if that tackle doesn't happen Kupp doesn't get injured. This isn't about winning or losing a game it's about losing a great player due to shitty sportsmanship on the opposite side of the ball. Refs are gonna miss calls they're human, and players that injure others due to illegal tackles need to be held accountable. Will never happen in the NFL but a man can dream.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
The thing about hip drop tackles is, they are supposed to review them after the games and fine the player for doing it. We will see if they fine the scum bag that did that to Kupp.
That’s the odd part.
They’re not calling them in games, they’re only fining players after the fact

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
Unfortunately I don't think this situation applies to kupp. He was injured by a drop hip tackle which was banned by the NFL this season. Refs also missed the call on the field.
I'm not sure the type of tackle, or age for that matter, is the primary reason for Kupp's injury, given his fragile body, as evidenced by his extensive injury history. He's injured more than all of our O'linemen which we consistently rag on for being injury prone. It helps to be elite when healthy I guess.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I'm not sure the type of tackle, or age for that matter, is the primary reason for Kupp's injury, given his fragile body, as evidenced by his extensive injury history. He's injured more than all of our O'linemen which we consistently rag on for being injury prone. It helps to be elite when healthy I guess.
Football injuries typically caused by contact are based on pure luck. Kupp got tackled in a way that would cause most players to leave the game injured. Throwing that in as him being injury prone because of that makes zero sense. He simply had shitty luck.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Interesting thing about Kupp is that two of his injuries were freak incidents. The season ending injury in 2022 was a bad throw which led to a defender landing smackdab on his ankle. And ironically that was a Cardinals matchup too.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Football injuries typically caused by contact are based on pure luck. Kupp got tackled in a way that would cause most players to leave the game injured. Throwing that in as him being injury prone because of that makes zero sense. He simply had shitty luck.
Coincidentally I just posted something similar just below you