Kupp out an extended period of time

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
That’s what u get paid for well this is the 3rd time he’s missing significant time… Dude injury prone … I understand he has to play harder cause he’s not as fast or athletic than others but his body breaking down on him … Rams gotta move on
He certainly has suffered through his share of injuries. The latest, however, was the result of a banned form of tackling. This tackle was banned due to the fact that it contributes to injury. This one is not due to anything Kupp did or did not do. Seems a bit unnecessary to throw dirt on his grave in this instance, to me at least.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
It was just as bad. Even worse because they were healthy.

My eyes are wide open. But the last thing I want to see right now are draft pick discussions. Maybe there should be an official draft talk thread so all the draft geeks can spend the season in there and the rest of us can ignore it.

When a team has a record breaking amount of bad luck with injuries like we have now on top of taking an epic ass whooping, its realistic to hear people talk about the draft. The season definitely isn't over but this is also the most uphill battle that McVay and the Rams have ever faced. The odds aren't great at all but the games still have to be played. Asking for these discussions to go to a draft thread when it's related to how bad the season has started is silly to me. Don't like draft talk? Ignore it and don't comment on it if possible.... although I understand the temptation to do so hahaha

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
Tyler Johnson, Jordan Whittington: Your personal receivers coach for the next month is Professor Kupp. Engage, listen and do what he says.... :wow2:

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Huh? Kupp is on the books for 90 fucking milion dollars for the next three yrears?
And if he's gone next year, then what?
Hate to say it but he's probably not gonna get those figures in 2025 or 2026.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I normally hate draft talk too at almost any time, but how comfy does it feel to be depending on Logan Bruss at Guard vs Frisco? Soon we'll be tapping the Home Depot Practice Squad for starters. This feels so like the Spags era to me.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
That’s what u get paid for well this is the 3rd time he’s missing significant time… Dude injury prone … I understand he has to play harder cause he’s not as fast or athletic than others but his body breaking down on him … Rams gotta move on
I would rather YOU moved on.

You expressed yourself, now give it a rest. :)

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
Sean has now had enough time in the NFL to see he has a history of WRs going down with injuries. He asks them to block harder than any other team in the NFL. Not sure that is going to change, unless he does.
Answer, build a true dominate O line with multiple high picks on it.
So you are not so dependent on your little guys blocking right at the LOS.

Psycho_X

Legend
Sean has now had enough time in the NFL to see he has a history of WRs going down with injuries. He asks them to block harder than any other team in the NFL. Not sure that is going to change, unless he does.
Answer, build a true dominate O line with multiple high picks on it.
So you are not so dependent on your little guys blocking right at the LOS.
People keep talking about this as a point of emphasis but none of the WR injuries happened when they were blocking. I know everyone needs to rationalize things and find a reason other than shit luck that Kupp got injured but unfortunately it was just shit luck. A defender hip drop tackled him. A tackle that has proven to almost always injure the one getting tackled. Could have happened on first play of season or last play of season... could happen to a player who never blocks or never catches... it was just shit luck.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
So both our top receivers are out. The o-line is a mess so I see a lot of running plays from here forward. So should Stafford sit for a while until we get back to health? Jimmy G can hand the ball off.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
wasn't the way he got tackled the "hip drop" tackle? And if so, wasn't it banned for.....this reason?
Two guys...one went to the hips the other down around the feet and his ankle got rolled.

Not on purpose but it did kinda piss me off when I saw the replay.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Who are these bionic WRs with steel ankles that can avoid injury on the illegal tackle that took down Kupp? We need to draft/get those guys.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Certainly hope not. Not a cap guy, (and love Kupp), - but just hope we are not on the hook for $30M next year.
Agreed. I just don't see how you justify paying a guy that and it seems his contract is already structured to potentially move on next year anyway

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
He's not nearly as tall as Megatron (LB3 is likely around 5'10", 215 lbs.). But he's a dominant, speedy, physical threat to score any time he touches the ball, and you don't have to force things with him because he's such a talented route runner. I could see McVay use Burden in so many ways, it's not even funny.

So more Steve Smith?

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
Just awful luck, the Rams are decimated by injury. Maybe this will cause some of our young talent to blossom and become house hold names in their own right.
Time to step up men.