Kupp out an extended period of time

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I was the only person to suggest we should trade our entire team after the Superbowl win.
We could have got two 1s for Kupp, two 1s for Stafford, a 1st for Ramsey, three 1sts for Donald and two 1sts for McVay.
That's 10 first round picks. Would have been insane, but we would be in a MUCH better position right now.
Instead we paid out insane contracts to 3 players and we are stuck under the salary cap. One of those players isn't even on the team drawing a large salary, and another one is on IR again.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Tetairoa McMillan, Luther burden, c'mon down.
LB3 for fucking life!!!!! M-I-Z!

...I think we'd still have to trade Stafford to a team for a first and second; we're not going to outsuck the Panthers. Get the wide receiver of the future, get the left tackle of the future, grab Dontay "The Godfather" Corleone in the second round to plug the NT hole, get Garrett Nussmeier with our high third, and defense - particularly the cornerbacks and inside linebackers - the rest of the way.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Also, I feel like a fucking shithead for saying this, but I did want Kupp dealt before something like this could happen. Don't kill the messenger for saying she was right.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
LB3 for fucking life!!!!! M-I-Z!

...I think we'd still have to trade Stafford to a team for a first and second; we're not going to outsuck the Panthers. Get the wide receiver of the future, get the left tackle of the future, grab Dontay "The Godfather" Corleone in the second round to plug the NT hole, get Garrett Nussmeier with our high third, and defense - particularly the cornerbacks and inside linebackers - the rest of the way.
The good news is we probably won't have to be outside the top 10 to get a special player. Personally I'm a McMillan guy. Reminds me of AJ Green but with a bigger body. Sign me up. But even in a world where McMillan and Burden are gone, Travis Hunter, Will Johnson, Mason Graham, etc are all there. And the edge group this year is crazy. I like Byron young but I would t hesitate to replace him for the next Micah Parsons.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Also, I feel like a fucking shithead for saying this, but I did want Kupp dealt before something like this could happen. Don't kill the messenger for saying she was right.
I think they thought they were legit contenders this year and so I wouldn't have moved him. But yeah it's time to either move him or make him the experienced WR3. And he'll need a contract revision to stay.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I was the only person to suggest we should trade our entire team after the Superbowl win.
We could have got two 1s for Kupp, two 1s for Stafford, a 1st for Ramsey, three 1sts for Donald and two 1sts for McVay.
That's 10 first round picks. Would have been insane, but we would be in a MUCH better position right now.

Tell the truth now.

You did that in Madden 22, and won seventeen straight Super Bowls.

Memento

Name
Jemma
The good news is we probably won't have to be outside the top 10 to get a special player. Personally I'm a McMillan guy. Reminds me of AJ Green but with a bigger body. Sign me up. But even in a world where McMillan and Burden are gone, Travis Hunter, Will Johnson, Mason Graham, etc are all there. And the edge group this year is crazy. I like Byron young but I would t hesitate to replace him for the next Micah Parsons.

I'd go in a frenzy - and absolutely not in a good way - if we picked Hunter. Absolute fucking diva and the complete antithesis to "We Not Me".

Luther Burden III all the way. He's the best receiver we've (Mizzou) ever had, built thick to bounce off of tackles, dominant route runner and speed threat (which we need more than size), vices for hands. I don't even know who to compare him with; there hasn't been anyone like him in the NFL with his physicality, speed, route running, hands, and - most of all, his complete unselfishness and not diva attitude. Maybe a Deebo Samuel, but infinitely better.

Ellard80

Legend
Instead we paid out insane contracts to 3 players and we are stuck under the salary cap. One of those players isn't even on the team drawing a large salary, and another one is on IR again.
not even in Madden would you gotten those picks for those players.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
2024 Rams

years recovery GIF

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
not even in Madden would you gotten those picks for those players.
Not now you wouldn't get a wet napkin for them, but after they just won a superbowl? I'm talking about selling high. We paid those players incredible amounts of money after that that only Stafford has even come close to earning. We paid them all and are regretting the results. This team is taking the hit because we paid 3 players HUGE sums of money.
And you are probably right, Snead would have only gotten 100 6th round picks instead for those players.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I'd go in a frenzy - and absolutely not in a good way - if we picked Hunter. Absolute fucking diva and the complete antithesis to "We Not Me".

Luther Burden III all the way. He's the best receiver we've (Mizzou) ever had, built thick to bounce off of tackles, dominant route runner and speed threat (which we need more than size), vices for hands. I don't even know who to compare him with; there hasn't been anyone like him in the NFL with his physicality, speed, route running, hands, and - most of all, his complete unselfishness and not diva attitude. Maybe a Deebo Samuel, but infinitely better.
Calvin Johnson?

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
Forget this lame ass stuff about trading everyone away for picks.
Always try and do the best you can.
Kupp might only have a year or two left. If he wants, let him retire a Ram. He has given all to us he possibly can.
Loyalty is one of the finest qualities on earth.
Trading McVay is bat shit crazy talk. Still, no other coach I would rather have.
He has changed the NFL. More of his coaches out there than anyone.
We are spoiled.
McVay will get it right. The Rams will be back on top.
Might not happen tomorrow.
Do you realized just how good of a coach he is ?

Last edited:

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
Indeed it is. No arguments there.

But, like it or not, football is a business these days.
Jack Youngblood and Jackie Slater are two of my favorite Rams for a reason. HOFers who are only Rams.
We can not get much for Kupp anyway. He makes other receivers better just by his mere presence.
Last years Dallas game was like this last one and we turned it around.
We have the best organization in football top to bottom.
We will be back.