Game of Thrones: Season 8

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Didn't like it. Dani won't win and neither will Cersei. Sansa is a female Littlefinger and she betrayed Jon and the honor of the Starks by violating her oath (and by extension, she betrayed Arya).

What a bitter fucking episode and another dragon gone, lickitty-split.

Euron is going to get lit up and his fleet by D & D (Dani & Drogon), by attacking more vertically so those Ballistas can't shoot straight up. Come in like an ASROC rocket and fry their asses. Dani is going all Mad Queen, and Varys is right that Jon would be the better ruler. I think there will be NO ruler of the Seven Kingdoms, as Jon will refuse the Iron Throne and King of the North, heading to the Far North to hang with Tormund and the Wildlings, because they at least aren't scheming assholes.

ps: After Euron dies in episode 5, Jaimie will sneak into King Landing and will kill Cersei. Dani will die on Drogan, and Jon says fuck it, I'm gonna go whoring with Tormund!:rockon:

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Well, ... I was right about the post funeral sex, but wrong about who would be having it.

Once again I find that some of the battle planning is rather suspect, after the one dragon was shot down, why couldn't the other attack from an approach behind them where those fixed weapons are facing the wrong direction, or at night-time which was so effective for the Night King, and then attacking either Euron's ships or Kings Landing in darkness, again with the fixed weapons which wouldn't then be capable of targeting much of anything ?

And how awful is security at Winterfell that Bronn could just wonder in out of nowhere and immediately happen on just the place where Tyrion & Jaime were hanging out ?

I did think Tyrion might be done for when he approached Cercei outside of the Landing's walls, ... kind of wished it had gone down that way so that Jaime would have all that more reason to kill his sister. As for Missandai, I will miss seeing her, such a kind and absolutely beautiful woman. Who can forget that bathing scene in the river where Grey Worm was spying her. Just one more reason for wanting the 'Hound' to dispatch his brother, the Mountain.

I can only assume that Arya will use the knowledge of the 'Faceless Men' to enter King's Landing to do her worst, but maybe being unsuccessful in ending Cercei, as she doesn't expect to be leaving, ... of course, that might mean any number of things. The plot twists between Sansa & Dani's desire for power give me a hard time believing both of them can survive GOT thru the end, although with this show I shouldn't be surprised if they became lesbian lovers. And what of poor rejected Gendry now ? Will he turn to alcohol like everyone else, or might he even save Arya in the end while she changes her mind and they win the Game of Thrones together as King & Queen ? Two shows remaining and so much to tell ... but where I once kind of like Bronn, he now has to go.

RIP :

o-NATHALIE-EMMANUEL-facebook.jpg

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Am I the only one who misses the Night King already?

In Game of Thrones, there are no happy endings...
(Sorry Robert Kraft)

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
20190506_115940.jpg

Overall I didn't like this episode. I feel like the writing/direction is really clunky and built around fan service. They get together and then they get together and then something happens, right like you've all wanted...... and the part in the middle where they lump a bunch of side characters and send them off, "well you didn't die in the battle but we don't really have a plot for you so i guess this is goodbye"

Gendry: Arya I love, I'm a lord and want to marry you.
Um if you don't win the war, assuming that you live which you probably wouldn't considering Cersei's penchant for killing Robert's children, you're not the lord of anything.

Euron is sort of like a video game boss character, will have a cutscene seemingly out of nowhere, nearly invincible and basically "twirls his mustache menacingly" every chance he gets.

Bran would be great on Antiques Roadshow.

I hate the "love/drama" arc between Danny and Jon, they get together at the very end season 7 and now it's a major plot point.

Why keep Arya, a faceless killing machine, in winterfell?

I pulling for Sansa. I did like her parts in this episode, she's a real threat to take the "throne".

Last edited:

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
She's clearly becoming Cersei 2.0
Smart, cunning, manipulative and strong yes, but I don't think Sansa is quite as ruthless as Cersei though. Cersei has had no issue sacrificing her family and people to keep herself on the throne, Sansa seems intent on keeping her family and people of winterfell alive. Daenerys on the other hand seems quite capable. Sansa has suffered and learned from some of smartest and ruthless people in the show, but she still has compassion for others.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sansa might get offed by Arya for betraying La Familia....

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Keep in mind these past two seasons are essentially after any books written. That will change tone and pace of the story. He’s really writing these in a different fashion.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just my .02 but the show began with Winter coming, should have ended that way too.
The Night King battle should have come after they got rid of Cersei and settled who sits in the Iron throne

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Keep in mind these past two seasons are essentially after any books written. That will change tone and pace of the story. He’s really writing these in a different fashion.
Well, they. The past few seasons have been the writers' (David Benioff and D.B. Weiss) creation. They've received information from Martin on where the story is heading, but it's not a direct adaptation like the earlier seasons. Which I think is the problem for many. There is a noticeable difference. To be fair it's difficult, if not impossible, to wrap up a story of this magnitude that you didn't write that pleases everyone. Maybe only having 6 episodes and wasting 1 to "catch up with the characters" was a mistake.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Definitely. The strength or difficulty slider of the army of the dead all depends on who they're fighting. The Dothraki are wiped out in a minute but Greyworm can literally be the first line of defense and survive the wall of death that charges the front line. Jon is surrounded by them and they suddenly opt for the "one at time" rule of fighting. Sam survives despite being on his back while the dead storms the grounds.

Last edited:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wonder if Arya survives at the end, if she ventures to the East as she suggested a few seasons ago. I believe it was after she decided to leave the Many-Faced-God, but before she killed her female nemesis, she said that she might leave Westeros (after visit) and head farther into the World.
I wonder how Dani actes after Jon's secret is revealed?
* Jon betrayed her by telling his secret
* Varys brings Jon's true lineage to light, in an attempt to determine the Iron throne King/Queen. Jon denies interest, and Dani follows through on a promise to light Varys up if he ever betrayed her.
*Tyrion may be asked why he didn't inform on Varys. Last straw?

I think Cersei dies in Episode 5, when her army is beating the good guys. Maybe she is even doing her gloating with a cup of wine, smiling that smile....when Arya and Jamie Lannister join forces in some dark tunnel. Arya takes on the Mountain or the Hound does. They enter Cersei's chamber and Jaimie grabs her by the neck with one hand and squeezes the life from her, as Arya smiles....OR...Arya kills Jaimie in the tunnel, and steals his face to kill Cersei with two hands and the Hound kills the Mountain. Cersei has to die, there is no other satisfying option.

OR..Arya gains the "hand" of Cersei's, face (wizard), and waltzes past the Mountain and into Cersei's chamber to throttle her.

Last edited:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think Cersei dies in Episode 5
I predict a War of the Roses type end for her. Jaime grabs hold of her and takes her out of a tall window where they meet their demise together on the pavement....

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I predict a War of the Roses type end for her. Jaime grabs hold of her and takes her out of a tall window where they meet their demise together on the pavement....
What will be even funnier is that Brienne is probably preggers with Jaimie Lannisters' baby and after Cersei, Jaimie, and the unborn baby die, guess who assumes the Lordship of Casterly Rock? Maybe Tyrion does if he survives, but then after him should be Jaimie Snow!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
One night while going down yet another YouTube rabbit hole one the right side wher all the tiles are was one called something like All Dragon Scenes.

So I clicked on it and watched. Interested in what I saw I clicked on several others. I feel like I have watched part of the highlights of a football game.

I may at some time binge watch the show if it ends up on Netflix.