Game of Thrones: Season 8

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
So How Do the Good Guys Win?
Cersei vs Dani/Jon....Who's left?

Cersei's Forces at Kings Landing
In the last episode of Season 7, the Lannister army was decimated by the Dothraki charge and the Dragons. So much so that Cersei has to rely on a mercenary outfit called the Golden Company of 20,000. I have read they are a light cavalry outfit, but whether that's true in the series, we shall see. They also have the largest fleet of Iron Born ships and crew. I imagine several Ballista type weapons will be placed on the walls of Kings Landing.

Dani & Jon's Forces from the North
Essentially all of the armies that Dani brought over from Essos were exterminated after the Battle vs the Night King. I don't think there is a single Dothraki that survived that futile charge and the Unsullied were mostly killed off. Most of the Northern soldiers were killed as well, so the ranks are pretty thin. There are a couple of options that I can see to fill out the army.
1. Gather the survivors after the battle and seek out the soldiers that ducked the battle due to Jon bending the knee to Dani.
2. Utilize the ships that brought Dani's troops towards Winterfell, plus any ships under Yara's command to sail for Essos to gather the guardians of the slave cities, The Second Sons. Daario Naharis still has the hots for Dani, and he leads the Second Sons. Sail the army towards Kings Landing.
3. In addition, what of the warriors from Dorne? They cannot be friends of Cersei and have so far been left out of the battles in the North and around Kings Landing. On the Wiki of Ice and Fire, the military strength of Dorne is estimated to be that of the North + the Vale. However, they have little ability to transport troops because of the lack of a recent naval tradition. Remember Varys surviving in the Crypt and many questioned why he wasn't killed since his story arc seems to be finished? Well, maybe not. Remember when Varys suddenly appeared in Dorne in Season 6, trying to create an alliance between House Tyrell and Dani's Army versus Cersei and the Lannisters? In the books, there was an alliance between House Targaryan and Dorne. Simultaneous to the Second Sons, ship the Dorne army to Kings Landing
4. Even if neither Army is acquired, there be Dragons. Having an ancient air force like this should eliminate any Army/cavalry outside the walls of Kings Landing. The before mentioned Ballistas should be the number one priority for Jon and Dani to torch, wherever they be, and after which the field is theirs. Purely using the dragons, however, will kill many civilians within Kings Landing but should eliminate the Golden Company cavalry. Killing the civilians en masse via the dragons fire would make Westeros wonder if Dani will be the new Mad Queen...

Last edited:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That final scene with the Night King approaching Bran, after disposing of Theon, was epic. The music, the lead up, was just friggin awesome.

Psycho_X

Legend
Agreed. The Dothraki charge was beyond stupid. They were completely wasted. That was very poor strategy. I like the ideas from @Tano and @Psycho_X much better. They make more sense.

There was no time to burn the bodies. The Night King ended up being a total wuss. I wanted an epic battle with John.. instead he runs to get Bran and let's the risen handle John. I know the reasoning behind the Night King wanted to kill Bran, but it was kind of lame. They do have history books.. Sam reads them all the time. So, it would make more sense for him to want to destroy his biggest threats first; John and Daenyrus. I was hoping Bran was going to pull a Hodor, and take over the Night King's blue fire dragon or even a portion of the dead walkers. They've built Bran up to be a powerful person yet all he controls is some ravens. Seeing the Night King crap himself when his own Dragon attacks him would have been awesome. Or having him struggle to control his dead army against Bran would have been cool. Bran using the dead against the dead would have made for a more realistic battle, numbers wise. Bran has turned out to be a huge disappointment.

I don't see how they'll have enough of an army to fight Cersei. At this point I think the show ends with her winning. I do hope Clegane fights his brother. I'm sad to see Theon go. I guess he redeemed himself but I always felt bad for him. I won't miss Sir Jorah. He got boring. It was fitting that he defended Daenyrus to his end. Very heroic.

For having some sort of purpose and apparently being sent by the Lord of Light, Mellisandra is very weak. I'd expect that she'd be able to accomplish more. The LoL kept resurrecting Beric Dondarrion for a reason, and he brought back John. How doesn't he have more influence during the battle. An epic moment like a huge fireball from the sky, or something as simple as Mellisandra summoning the light so they could see the battlefield, or have her erase the Night King's snowstorm. Lighting the trench was anti climatic. Lighting Dothraki swords was useless.

Oh I love that idea of bran going full on Jedi master and controlling dead to fight. Would have made the whole show even more tense with no one knowing what was “good” dead and what was “bad” dead. Still could have ended how it did but would have let them establish the night king as a bad ass as he fought his way to Bran instead of his slow strolls he likes to do. I like it.

Psycho_X

Legend
As for how do they defeat Cersei now? No idea, maybe go the secret assassin route? Jaime, Tyrion, and Varys both know the ins and outs of Kings landing surely they could sneak a small team in to try and do a coupe. Lure her armies out with what they have left and lead a small tactical team into the heart of the keep? Just an idea. Would be prime area for Arya to shine again.

But I’m sure won’t be that simple. I think Theons sister will have a pivotal role in defeating Eurons navy some how. Tyrion will come up with something. They’ve been leading him down his path for this one moment. They’ve hinted the last three episodes about how they need his smarts to win the throne. Jorah’s last advice to Dany was to not give up on Tyrion. So I’m sure he’s going to figure out how to fuck his sister over for good before him or Jaimie chokes her to death.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Would be prime area for Arya to shine again.

The Faceless Man route would be cool, maybe Jaime is killed and Arya uses his face to get close to Cersei and does the deed in her cold blooded assassin way. I'm not sure she's tall enough to pull that off but I'm also not sure if the Faceless Man takes on other characteristics?
so-is-arya-azor-2164795.webp

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Faceless Man route would be cool, maybe Jaime is killed and Arya uses his face to get close to Cersei and does the deed in her cold blooded assassin way. I'm not sure she's tall enough to pull that off but I'm also not sure if the Faceless Man takes on other characteristics?
so-is-arya-azor-2164795.webp
Ahh, the infamous "Scooby Doo ending"!!!!
SoreUnlawfulFrigatebird-max-1mb.gif

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
Jon shows up with more gold and buys off the golden army. Maybe?

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
As for how do they defeat Cersei now? No idea, maybe go the secret assassin route? Jaime, Tyrion, and Varys both know the ins and outs of Kings landing surely they could sneak a small team in to try and do a coupe. Lure her armies out with what they have left and lead a small tactical team into the heart of the keep? Just an idea. Would be prime area for Arya to shine again.

But I’m sure won’t be that simple. I think Theons sister will have a pivotal role in defeating Eurons navy some how. Tyrion will come up with something. They’ve been leading him down his path for this one moment. They’ve hinted the last three episodes about how they need his smarts to win the throne. Jorah’s last advice to Dany was to not give up on Tyrion. So I’m sure he’s going to figure out how to freak his sister over for good before him or Jaimie chokes her to death.

As for myself, I believe a more rewarding end to Cercei would not be at the hands of one of the stars, but while Kings Landing is under siege, have a crowd or mob string her up, upside down, similar to what occurred to Mussolini & his mistress. Still, I wouldn't be all that surprised if it was Jaime who ended up killing his sister/lover.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
She's been reluctant to use the Dragons against soldiers of Westeros. The mercenary company is a whole different game. They're fried.

norcalramfan

Starter
Rams On Demand Sponsor

But I’m sure won’t be that simple. I think Theons sister will have a pivotal role in defeating Eurons navy some how. Tyrion will come up with something. They’ve been leading him down his path for this one moment. They’ve hinted the last three episodes about how they need his smarts to win the throne. Jorah’s last advice to Dany was to not give up on Tyrion. So I’m sure he’s going to figure out how to freak his sister over for good before him or Jaimie chokes her to death.
It will be interesting to see how they get past her bodyguard, the Mountain, to get to Cersei. Does Qyburn (spelling?) go down or get away?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It will be interesting to see how they get past her bodyguard, the Mountain, to get to Cersei. Does Qyburn (spelling?) go down or get away?
Arya just offed the Night King. Killing the Mountain should be a breeze....

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That’s the Hound’s job
"In One corner, we have the Mountain. In the opposite corner we have Arya the Night King Slayer and the Hound......"

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
That’s the Hound’s job

You would think. But I could see the Mountain kill the Hound and have Sir Brianne of Tarth knock out the Mountain. Giantsbain touching himself all the while.

I think Tyrien gets Searcy. Jaime gets Braun. Jon Snow gets the grayjoy guy.

I think Searcy’s hand Is going to be a problem - he is slippery. Danny gives him a fire shower in the end.

I think for her encore, Arya will kill Littlefinger who is still alive.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Greyjoy's ships are easy targets for Drogon. As are the Golden Company. It wasn't exactly clear which dragon(s) survived. At one point it looked like both were hurting pretty bad. Your think that Cersei will have a plan to combat the Dragons. My first thought on Cersei being killed was that she is still on Arya's list. But as mentioned above, it would be quite an ending if Jaime kills her. He killed the Mad King, why not the Mad Queen.

Now that Dany and John are both aware that she is his Auntie, does it as a dramatic twist to the end? They can't be lovers, can they. D Lee Dany try to kill John for supreme rule?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Greyjoy's ships are easy targets for Drogon. As are the Golden Company. It wasn't exactly clear which dragon(s) survived. At one point it looked like both were hurting pretty bad. Your think that Cersei will have a plan to combat the Dragons. My first thought on Cersei being killed was that she is still on Arya's list. But as mentioned above, it would be quite an ending if Jaime kills her. He killed the Mad King, why not the Mad Queen.

Now that Dany and John are both aware that she is his Auntie, does it as a dramatic twist to the end? They can't be lovers, can they. D Lee Dany try to kill John for supreme rule?
But you forget that while Jaimie is the Kingslayer, Arya trumps that as the NightKingslayer!:rockon:

Both dragons survive, and the march from Winterfell doesn't have to be immediate, giving them time to heal. Flame the Ballista's, and The Targaryans rule the Iron Throne!

BadCompany

Rookie

They've already shown the Cersei has a plan for the dragons...

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
Hmmm, so how about Dany rides Drogon into battle. Both are seriously wounded, with Drogon taking a ballista bolt in the knee and elsewhere. Dany goes kamikaze and crashes Drogon into wherever Cersei is, killing all 3 and maybe some extras. That'd be a heroic movie-type thing.

Dany's vision was of "snow" on the throne and Dany in the afterlife with Khal Drogo and son. We know Dany still thinks of Khal Drogo because she refers to him in her meeting with Sansa (Dany refers to Jon as the second and KD as the taller one, right?). So she dead in less than 3 episodes, right? And the ballistas have to do something more plotwise, right?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gulVUWrADCM

F-it. Just have Bran take control of the Mountain and have the Mountain kill Cersei. The End.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Just here recovering from finally watching episode three.

Holy...freaking....shyte!!!