Game of Thrones: Season 8

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Best meme I saw captioning this pic...

"You're not my Dad!"
"Hey Cuz!" ~ Drogon
K93VIiQ.jpg

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Time for a BBQ.

What, y'all never saw Fried Green Tomatoes???
"You're just a bee charmer, Idgie Kinison. That's what you are, a bee charmer."

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
10/10 for me

The musical score at the end starting at Sansa and Tyrion hiding behind the tomb and ending with the Arya stab of the night king was maybe the best ending score ever when combined with the acting and feeling that the end had come for all.

Maybe it was just the mood i was in or
maybe it was the great acting plus score, but i felt terrified, and knowing GoT penchant for killing off main actors combined with the fact that this is the last season i was i guess naively sucked into to thinking they all would die to the night king.

Following online bloggers i can tell you very few if any thought Arya would be the hero which made for a surprise
twist at the end which i loved.

The episode was perfectly paced for me with perfect foreshadowing at the beginning that apparently no one caught onto. When Mellisandra arrived at the beginning and told Davos she would be dead before dawn, then she had a long stare at arya as if to insinuate that she knew what Arya would do.

The Lord or light dude who died like
8 times fulfilled his role so finally
was able to die. Then Melissandre has words for Arya which go back to season 3 when she told her she would see her again and arya would shut brown, green and blue eyes. TRUST me. i read lots of predictions but not one person caught onto this. The stare Melisandre gave Arya in season 3 when she met her was as if she saw a ghost and i remembered this well.

To each his own but i found the whole episode moving and actually clapped
at the end which i never have done before. The fact that nobody caught onto the prophesy and little side project of arya in previous seasons and introduction and meaning of Melisandre at the beginning of this episode made the surprise ending rich and the bigger story symmetrical.

Yeah, this was one of my favorite episodes.

Honestly, my fave was watching the young, sadistic Lannister king die a horrible death by poisoning. I've never wanted to harm an actor before, but damn that kid was good because every time he was on screen, my TV was in danger of heavy, thrown objects.

I knew about Arya killing the Night King when Melisandre did her "brown, green and blue eyes" deal. No way Jon Snow... Aegon Targaryan was going to get past the Night King's guard and the fire didn't kill the Night King. The ONLY one who could do it....was Arya.

I missed how it was the same dagger placed in the same place that resulted in the Night King's death. I knew it would take Valerian steel and that Arya was carrying that dagger, but...hadn't put it together. Had to watch the 40 minute after episode thing to get it.

Cersei has more stuff at the ready, but I'd love for her death to be even more stark (pun kinda intended) than her humiliation at the hands of the High Sparrow.

Here's what I think I know. Arya won't be the last one standing...and dies soon (much to my chagrin) as she owes a debt and it's going to be paid in surprising fashion. Death will come for her.

Beyond that, I dunno. I do know that even one dragon is enough to thwart an entire army, so while the one surviving dragon is healing (It seems like the second dragon carrying Jon Snow died on landing, but we'll know for sure later).

Here's what I want to know... Samwell Tarley was crying on the mound of the dead guys... did he die? I think he and his wife died in separate places, but I lost track.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Dammit...Theon...Jorah...

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Theon went out like a boss. That bit of redemption was emotional.

Jorah... what's to say about him. Dude got the death he wanted...saving his only true love and dying in her arms as she's saved.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, this was one of my favorite episodes.

Honestly, my fave was watching the young, sadistic Lannister king die a horrible death by poisoning. I've never wanted to harm an actor before, but damn that kid was good because every time he was on screen, my TV was in danger of heavy, thrown objects.

I knew about Arya killing the Night King when Melisandre did her "brown, green and blue eyes" deal. No way Jon Snow... Aegon Targaryan was going to get past the Night King's guard and the fire didn't kill the Night King. The ONLY one who could do it....was Arya.

I missed how it was the same dagger placed in the same place that resulted in the Night King's death. I knew it would take Valerian steel and that Arya was carrying that dagger, but...hadn't put it together. Had to watch the 40 minute after episode thing to get it.

Cersei has more stuff at the ready, but I'd love for her death to be even more stark (pun kinda intended) than her humiliation at the hands of the High Sparrow.

Here's what I think I know. Arya won't be the last one standing...and dies soon (much to my chagrin) as she owes a debt and it's going to be paid in surprising fashion. Death will come for her.

Beyond that, I dunno. I do know that even one dragon is enough to thwart an entire army, so while the one surviving dragon is healing (It seems like the second dragon carrying Jon Snow died on landing, but we'll know for sure later).

Here's what I want to know... Samwell Tarley was crying on the mound of the dead guys... did he die? I think he and his wife died in separate places, but I lost track.
In the promo for the next episode, both dragons were seen flying. Sam Tarley wasn't explicitly killed and I think we would be seeing that since he is a major character?

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
It was awful for me. The living talked about a battle plan in episode 2 for all of 3 minutes, so I knew most of their actual battle plan had been discussed off screen - and whatever that was, it was one of the worst I've ever seen in any show. Jon has fought White Walkers and wights and seen them move - and yet keeping the dragons out of the battle to pursue the Night King was all they could come up with. The two dragons could have wiped out the wights with ease, which would have lured the Walkers and/or Night King into the open.

In episode 2 everyone said the crypts would be safe without talking about how the Night King raises the dead?

Dragon fire does nothing to the Night King but Valyrian steel does the trick, apparently because Arya stabbed him right where the Children of the Forest did with the dragon glass - and Arya just happened to stab him in that exact spot?

At the end of episode 2 they showed us dozens of White Walkers which was terrifying, because we've never seen more than 4 (in battle) with the Night King - and they were completely pointless.

The battle was chaotic and confusing - I couldn't tell who was alive or dead - the dead slaughtered the living, and yet the main characters all survived?

Anytime the odds of something happening in a show are similar to winning the powerball three times, it was not well thought out IMO. Fantasy show or not.

Jorah, Theon, Samwell (I think) and Lady Mormonte!!!! The one eye'd guy, the Night Watch friend of Samwell's, etc.

Plenty of characters fell. And Lady Mormonte went out like a boss' boss.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack

Hit me with a DM, cuz I'm fine with it!

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Nice post.
The Dothraki were a problem vs the undead. I assumed that their swords became like the fire swords like the guy with the eye patch had, and he seemed to be pretty effective with his weapon. The Dothraki...If they hadn't been used early, could they have been used at all? Where would their horses have been stabled within the walls of Winterfell? They needed room to charge and the numbers of the dead seemed overwhelmingly large, surrounding Winterfell. It reminded me of the Battle of the Batsards where Jon Snow's army was getting pressed on all sides by Ramsey Bolton's spear men, steadily pressing forward until they started to step on/smother each other in avoiding spear strikes. We learned in the previous season that there were at least 100,000 in the Army of the dead, and they had grown since then. Saving the Dothraki to fight on the wall might have helped prolong the inevitable, but it was all just window dressing for the moment next to Bran, the Night King, and and a leaping Arya Stark the Night King Slayer.

Some of the logistics one has to simply ignore.

I mean, just three basic things are actually deal breakers for the entire episode...

1) What and where do they all eat? I figure there's enough snow to melt for potable water, but food?

2) In What and where do they all sleep? Simple tents aren't enough for those winter conditions. The area of the "tent city" would have been large enough to be seen from space.

3) Where do they all poop? There were literally thousands and thousands of people in an area for days or weeks (I don't recall how long they assembled at Winterfell before the final battle). To put it bluntly,
iu

I LOVED this episode, but yeah... There was plenty of suspension of disbelief going on just based on human realities.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Agreed. The Dothraki charge was beyond stupid. They were completely wasted. That was very poor strategy. I like the ideas from @Tano and @Psycho_X much better. They make more sense.

There was no time to burn the bodies. The Night King ended up being a total wuss. I wanted an epic battle with John.. instead he runs to get Bran and let's the risen handle John. I know the reasoning behind the Night King wanted to kill Bran, but it was kind of lame. They do have history books.. Sam reads them all the time. So, it would make more sense for him to want to destroy his biggest threats first; John and Daenyrus. I was hoping Bran was going to pull a Hodor, and take over the Night King's blue fire dragon or even a portion of the dead walkers. They've built Bran up to be a powerful person yet all he controls is some ravens. Seeing the Night King crap himself when his own Dragon attacks him would have been awesome. Or having him struggle to control his dead army against Bran would have been cool. Bran using the dead against the dead would have made for a more realistic battle, numbers wise. Bran has turned out to be a huge disappointment.

I don't see how they'll have enough of an army to fight Cersei. At this point I think the show ends with her winning. I do hope Clegane fights his brother. I'm sad to see Theon go. I guess he redeemed himself but I always felt bad for him. I won't miss Sir Jorah. He got boring. It was fitting that he defended Daenyrus to his end. Very heroic.

For having some sort of purpose and apparently being sent by the Lord of Light, Mellisandra is very weak. I'd expect that she'd be able to accomplish more. The LoL kept resurrecting Beric Dondarrion for a reason, and he brought back John. How doesn't he have more influence during the battle. An epic moment like a huge fireball from the sky, or something as simple as Mellisandra summoning the light so they could see the battlefield, or have her erase the Night King's snowstorm. Lighting the trench was anti climatic. Lighting Dothraki swords was useless.

Pre fire weapons, I'd agree about the charge. But Dothraki gotta Dothraki and it seemed the fired up weapons would kill the undead. I think the reason it failed was the sheer volume. Very World War Z. My biggest issue was that Jon had seen this before and to NOT expect literal waves of dead bodies was where the planning fell apart.

@Tano had a good point about using the Dothraki as a flanking charge, extending the moat outwards (should also have been deeper and wider). Also, why didn't the battlements have buckets of pitch? One dumped bucket on a pile of bodies and a fiery arrow and you've improved the defenses. That lack of defense on the walls made NO sense to me, whatsoever and was very confusing.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Some of the logistics one has to simply ignore.

I mean, just three basic things are actually deal breakers for the entire episode...

1) What and where do they all eat? I figure there's enough snow to melt for potable water, but food?

2) In What and where do they all sleep? Simple tents aren't enough for those winter conditions. The area of the "tent city" would have been large enough to be seen from space.

3) Where do they all poop? There were literally thousands and thousands of people in an area for days or weeks (I don't recall how long they assembled at Winterfell before the final battle). To put it bluntly,
iu

I LOVED this episode, but yeah... There was plenty of suspension of disbelief going on just based on human realities.
Well sure...From the arrival of Dani's army, however, the Dothraki were not seen within the walls of Winterfell. Just from story consistency's sake, I assumed that they were not there because of the lack of room for horses and men. They are the cavalry of the North in this instance and their living style was more of an outdoors kind of life than quartering inside stone walled rooms.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Greyjoy's ships are easy targets for Drogon. As are the Golden Company. It wasn't exactly clear which dragon(s) survived. At one point it looked like both were hurting pretty bad. Your think that Cersei will have a plan to combat the Dragons. My first thought on Cersei being killed was that she is still on Arya's list. But as mentioned above, it would be quite an ending if Jaime kills her. He killed the Mad King, why not the Mad Queen.

Now that Dany and John are both aware that she is his Auntie, does it as a dramatic twist to the end? They can't be lovers, can they. D Lee Dany try to kill John for supreme rule?

Incest has never been an issue in this story beyond a political consideration.

I dunno that they both make it. Even if everyone else were dead, seeing Dani and Aegon on the throne would seem far too saccharine for GoT.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
This next episode is gonna be totally different.

LOTS of political stuff.

Cersei's plotting.

Tyrion's scheming redemption.

Dani and Aegon's resolution. They gonna have to deal with his claim sometime...

Do Jon/Aegon and Dani FORCE the houses who bugged off to bend the knee? And to whom would they bend it?

Are both dragon's alive? If so, will their injuries play a role? Drogon got stabbed more than Sherman Klump at the accupuncturist...
6cbf208a-3e6c-43a3-ba24-eb65f0ba1ab1_screenshot.jpg

Rhaegal got pretty tore up by Zombie Viserion... so, I dunno.

Honestly, after that episode... ELEVEN WEEKS filming in that cold at night... DAYUM!!! I'll be glad to get back to the intrigue, sex and plotting of the other episodes...

Psycho_X

Legend
I hope they don’t build up 7 seasons worth of Dany and dragon awesomeness to just have her crash and burn in the end. Cause she’s quickly burning her three dragon lead. Two episodes left!