OFFICIAL 2024 NFL Trades, cuts, free agency, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
The Rams can play keep away with their running game. It will rest the defense, and if the opponents go all in to stop the run, more points over the top.
It's a nice thought, but the defense needs some improvement too. The Rams had one hell of a game on the offensive side during the playoffs but the D couldn't stop the Lions to save their lives in that first half. I get shootout wins are wins we can get, but there needs to definitely be improvement on the other side if we seriously want to compete for a title. Hopefully it comes in the form of current players improving and some more additions in FA, but we are definitely lacking in some key areas on D. I'm definitely not throwing in the towel at all or saying we are doomed, but more so just commenting that I hope we can get some more key vet pieces on D. I know the Rams have a plan but I'm sure we'll be bidding for edge services against other teams.

pvtdragon39

Rookie
We also have to think for the Saftey position. JJ and Fuller are FA right now. Do we just offer them what we can an see if they come back on a 1yr deal or do we go after the position in later rounds of the draft?

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
We also have to think for the Saftey position. JJ and Fuller are FA right now. Do we just offer them what we can an see if they come back on a 1yr deal or do we go after the position in later rounds of the draft?
We can do that if we want to stay mediocre at safety. JJ3 was not good last year. Fuller was at least around average. Was really hoping we'd see improvement in the secondary as a whole. At least with DWill we are better at CB currently. Lake played better then either, so I have to assume he will start at one of the spots.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
We can do that if we want to stay mediocre at safety. JJ3 was not good last year. Fuller was at least around average. Was really hoping we'd see improvement in the secondary as a whole. At least with DWill we are better at CB currently. Lake played better then either, so I have to assume he will start at one of the spots.
I actually think they're fine with Lake and Yeast starting....and remember they have Jason Taylor II as well.

dang

Legend
Fuller was terrible in pass coverage. DWill is only 1 of 3 quality DBs that the Rams need this year (I’m putting Lake in the mix as a quality S). So that leaves 2 more DB starters needed via Draft/FA.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Fuller was terrible in pass coverage. DWill is only 1 of 3 quality DBs that the Rams need this year (I’m putting Lake in the mix as a quality S). So that leaves 2 more DB starters needed via Draft/FA.
Lake plays the Star position and the Rams were very happy with how he handled it.

pvtdragon39

Rookie
I agree on fuller, it was more of a Cap question, do we run with what we have and grab in draft. Im hoping for Cooper, *IF* we cant get Latu.

Im esstatic on the Dwill sign.

jjab360

Legend
He's older but he's a good bit better than Burns. 30 mil isn't out of the question.
Welp goes to show what I know. I swear NFL teams see something in Brian Burns that the casual fan like me can't see. I'm just wondering what makes him so much better than a player like Leonard Floyd tbh

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Above tweet was all I could find to keep my hopes up lol credibility is in question mine and theirs lol

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Lake playED the Star position. Not so sure he plays the Star position this year but I feel confident he will start somewhere.
They tried Durant at the star and also tried Tre Tomlinson also. They didn’t work out. Lake stepped in and took to it immediately.

Who else will they have that can play it better than lake did?

NCRamGuy

Rookie
Name
ManmadeRam
Quandre Diggs??

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Not sure how reliable this is. Wouldn't be a bad addition if we don't have to give up much.
His base salary is $14M...not sure how we could afford him. So you would have to give him a new deal with a lower 1st yr cap hit. Plus, I think he turns 31 this season and is a liability against the run. I wouldn't pay anything more than a conditional 4th in 25' or a 5th this yr, and that's iffy. Not sure it's a wise use of cap $$.

dang

Legend
They tried Durant at the star and also tried Tre Tomlinson also. They didn’t work out. Lake stepped in and took to it immediately.

Who else will they have that can play it better than lake did?
There’s this unicorn over in Iowa named Cooper DeJean for one.