OFFICIAL 2024 NFL Trades, cuts, free agency, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I’m telling you there is a MACK truck headed to SoFi with a load of SACKS!
Maybe but the Rams will probably need to create some additional salary cap space.

OTC has updated for the Dotson and Jonah Jackson contracts, and the Alaric Jackson tender; and that leaves them with just $12M of cap space. It does not yet reflect the Parkinson and Williams deals which should take-up most of that $12M.

Now the Rams will add some cap space when they resolve Noteboom. $5M will be opened-up if they release him (pre-June); and the savings could be a little higher if he accepts a new/reduced contract.

Spotrac continues to be slow to update, so there is nothing to compare OTC with at this time. Spotrac usually has the cap space numbers a little higher than OTC.

Small amounts of cap space can (almost) always be created but, If the Rams want to open-up significant space, they may have to restructure a major contract ... like Stafford's deal.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Honestly we might be better off building a really good secondary with what's left in free agency. Justin Simmons or maybe even Gardner-Johnsonb at safety.

Edit: Johnson gone just that fast lol

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I love the rams moves don't get me wrong and I'm also sure if we are aware they are probably aware lol we won a Superbowl adding von to a team that was already solid with the pass rush. I know a lot of people keep saying the draft the draft but even if we came out with another Micah Parsons( beyond thrilled) it's still a rookie at an important position experience means a lot von didn't only contribute on the field admittedly by AD himself von showed him how to lead vocally and that went a long way.

All these contacts we are signing are all 3 years I can't believe the rams are going to depend on the draft at pick 19 to try and get a Superbowl. They must have something up their sleeve wether it's restructures mack and or a trade along with some cheap vets. Still many holes to fill right?

Safety
Edge
Kicker
Back up QB
Another corner?
DT?
LB?

The draft can help at corner and safety but I'm not so sure pick 19 stays unless we trade a roster player

Last year wasn't Erica Donald kind of voicing her opinion about getting AD some help? Now with like 170 mill of cap for offense and like 96 mill or so for defense and AD is one third of that I'm thinking something is coming or he will be going lol.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Honestly we might be better off building a really good secondary with what's left in free agency. Justin Simmons or maybe even Gardner-Johnsonb at safety.

Edit: Johnson gone just that fast lol
Both are gone. CGJ - Eagles, Simmons- Titans

TexasRam

Legend
Dam dropping like flies!!

I wonder if we wait for a mid season trade to get that pass rusher - ala Von Miller or. Fowler.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
If we don't get any edge or further defensive help in FA, that defense gonna look rough in the 2nd half of games again. Hope we get more reinforcements there.
The Rams can play keep away with their running game. It will rest the defense, and if the opponents go all in to stop the run, more points over the top.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Someone needs to bust his chops and ask him if that's a term he only uses with white players. Make him sweat a bit.

Man why tho

tumblr_lj5xi7zfJE1qhr01io1_400.gif

pvtdragon39

Rookie
We might trade down in the draft to grab Reddick/Sweat from Eagles. We can prob get them to eat the cap for one if not both if we do it right. One is owed 13 and other 15 mil next year, but we will have to extend them past 25' Mack might be out of reach now with like 8 mil or so left in cap.

Restructure of Stafford/ Kupp/Hig, and Boom prob coming if we do get Mack and or Reddick/Sweat.Restructure still prob coming for Hig and Boom either way.

Edit: REddick is owed 21.8Mil in cap hit on Eagles and sweat 9 mil so numbers were off but still around same total.

Last edited: