OFFICIAL 2024 NFL Trades, cuts, free agency, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Two idiots in this deal; The Panthers for passing up 2 1st rounders from us (one would be 19 this draft) in a trade. Second, Giants for paying that much for him (in salary). VERY glad we weren't involved.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
For me, the dude can be reading a book on the field if he's as productive as Mack was last season.

18 sacks. 88 pressures. 59 Hurries. That is an edge that would look damn fine next to AD.
Seventeen sacks, but what did he do against the run? Oh, yeah, he didn't care. He barely dropped into coverage, which is something of a necessity when it comes to our edge rushers when it comes to disguising. He's already thirty-three as well, compared to Bosa, who will be twenty-nine during the season. There's plenty of edges in the draft - even late in the draft - that do well against the pass but suck against the run. I don't want to pay for an older version of that.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Seventeen sacks, but what did he do against the run? Oh, yeah, he didn't care. He barely dropped into coverage, which is something of a necessity when it comes to our edge rushers when it comes to disguising. He's already thirty-three as well, compared to Bosa, who will be twenty-nine during the season. There's plenty of edges in the draft - even late in the draft - that do well against the pass but suck against the run. I don't want to pay for an older version of that.
Bosa has played a total of 14 games over the last 2 seasons. He is always banged up/injured. He's a brittle 28 and will be 29 before season starts.

As for Mack playing the run, he is one of the few edge defenders that excelled at playing the run last year. Now, you are probably right in the pass coverage department, I can't see a 270 lb guy doing well in coverage, but, we had a heavier Hoecht back there trying, so the team isn't against it philosophically.

Texram

UDFA
Oh I know, but I really hate how lopsided the salary cap is becoming a LARGE majority O and a small amount D. It's like they keep expecting AD to be AD and it's bound to end.
The Lions were close to a super bowl with an excellent OL and average QB and subpar defense. There are many ways to get to a superbowl. Stafford and a grinding run game creates play action that Stafford is brilliant at.

pvtdragon39

Rookie
One article I read suggests his contract is more conducive to cutting him next winter
Yeah, I figured since hes what a 12mil cap hit this year? He gonna be hurt most of the year either way. Use him as trade bait in off season/ trade deadline next year I suppose. Get something for him.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Bosa has played a total of 14 games over the last 2 seasons. He is always banged up/injured. He's a brittle 28 and will be 29 before season starts.

As for Mack playing the run, he is one of the few edge defenders that excelled at playing the run last year. Now, you are probably right in the pass coverage department, I can't see a 270 lb guy doing well in coverage, but, we had a heavier Hoecht back there trying, so the team isn't against it philosophically.

Bosa would be cheaper, plays the run just as well and is just as good a pass-rusher when healthy. Sorry if it seems like I'm moving goalposts, but I don't trust Khalil Mack's give-a-shit level, especially for a bigger contract at an older age than Bosa.

Londoner

Twitchy sophomore.
I’d prefer the player who is actually on the field.

Not sure how we can afford either of them, though, after today’s spending.

dang

Legend
I just didn’t see Burns as that Chris Jones/Donald/TJWatt game changer that would have been worth a $25m+/yr payday.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
About the contract expected for him. But yeah too bad Tapper couldn't fire himself for not trading him to us last year.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Bosa would be cheaper, plays the run just as well and is just as good a pass-rusher when healthy. Sorry if it seems like I'm moving goalposts, but I don't trust Khalil Mack's give-a-shit level, especially for a bigger contract at an older age than Bosa.
I don’t think Bosa would be any better. Nobody has signed Hunter yet. Maybe he’s not getting what he’s asking for.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Well.....that's interesting since no one knows what they have planned, but sure.....cool story.

Having said that, I hope the plan is to not blow money at any big name just because of the big name. I saw someone post that we will have to look elsewhere for the 8 sacks a year.........didn't we have a rookie with 6 last year? (I figured more here would be pounding the table for DBs).
I definitely say we need secondary help for sure. However a pass rush helps a secondary out big time. Most recent example is Chris Jones saving everyone from the Whiners scoring a TD in the Superbowl haha

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
If we’d have paid that much we’d hear bitching about how we neglected the OL.
Fuck it.....

south park mob GIF