OFFICIAL 2024 NFL Trades, cuts, free agency, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well.....that's interesting since no one knows what they have planned, but sure.....cool story.

Having said that, I hope the plan is to not blow money at any big name just because of the big name. I saw someone post that we will have to look elsewhere for the 8 sacks a year.........didn't we have a rookie with 6 last year? (I figured more here would be pounding the table for DBs).
Don't stop him we need the negative entertainment :D And it won't do any good tbh

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
So glad you're posting today :) The negativity makes me feel better about the team. Never fails to impress when people give up a couple hours into the early free agency window. Reminds me of last year and the year before and so on and so on.
I'm so thankful you're glad.

Gonna make me sleep better tonight.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
How are the Rams already up against a problem with the cap? I thought they sucked it up last year so they’d have a massive amount of cap space this year?? Even with the added cap $$$ they get 2 guards and a 2nd TE, WTF?????

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Frankly, I can TOTALLY see them going all in on Tee Higgins before I could see them signing a stud starter or 2 on Defense.
The spoiled kid in me would love it. But I'm worried about this defense.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
The Rams are fumbling and fucking up the Defense so bad by trying to be cheap with it. Absolutely pathetic.

Maybe 2 years left of AD and they're gonna try and shop the bargain bin vs actually getting him help.

The Rams just drafted two players who were in the running for DROY. Those guys will continue to develop. We don’t need a “splash” signing to actually help him out. The draft works too.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
The Rams just drafted two players who were in the running for DROY. Those guys will continue to develop. We don’t need a “splash” signing to actually help him out. The draft works too.
I know, and I love KT and BY I worry they get too comfortable with the thought that AD won't ever slow down.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
I know, and I love KT and BY I worry they get too comfortable with the thought that AD won't ever slow down.

Agreed there. It does feel that way at times. I do feel the problems will be addressed through the draft, and with some roll players through the second wave of FA. (I expect Akello Witherspoon to be resigned and a similar DB pickup)

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
I’m so excited to see the new defensive toys we draft next month. Just wait. Not to mention a vet cut add.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
I agree they need a RB. Also re: Evans it's not about giving up on him but rather being realistic. RB is a show-early position. So Evans is simply a non-factor in their roster build at that position. It would be foolishness to position yourself to count on him.

So yes they'll go get one. Question is can they find the bargain in this market because you don't want to tie up too much cap space in RB. And if not then they'll draft one for sure.

You may be right about them taking one earlier than suspected as well. There's a couple who would give us a real nice power look in combination with Williams. Though maybe I should cool my heels on that and just be thankful McVay has learned to appreciate power up front on the OL. :laugh3:
Easy there, Merlin. I was saying the same things about KW going into last season because he couldn’t get on the field when HIS rookie season—and the Rams stunk! There was no excuse other than he just must not get it.

All I’m saying is I learned my lesson last year. I’m gonna have to give ZE a second season to show out.
…but I still like the kid from Kentucky in this draft.