OFFICIAL 2024 NFL Trades, cuts, free agency, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Cowherd had an interesting take on Cousins. He said the Vikings, unlike the Cowboys, don’t want to pay A+ money to a B+ player, especially coming off of a serious injury.

Then Jason McCintyre speculated that the Vikings might be a player for McCarthy in the draft.

That will be interesting because it’s also been speculated that Asshole Face would want to draft J.J. McCarthy. McCarthy is considered to be a very intelligent QB that would fit what Asshole Face likes in a QB. We might see a trade up battle.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I like Hunt but it feels like the Panthers went a bit too high on him. Also that was a lot for a run stuffer in Wilkins. Figure both will be asked to take pay cuts in the ensuing years.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Other views differ; PFF’s, for example. They had him as their eighth-rated guard;

View attachment 64748

So ... Jonah Jackson is really NOT good at Pass Protection ... OR ... he really IS good at Pass Protection.

GOT IT!!!
1710187551451.png

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah I saw there is a 2nd day guy from Fla St. Trey Benson. Would be something if they go that route again. Obviously he has nothing to do with Akers, just interesting that the best RB might be that kid.
I like him. Not all backs have that instinct for playing the defenders but this guy gets it. He'd be nice. Rams will almost surely get a good back in this draft, assuming they don't unearth a FA bargain.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR5Cdh32v48

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
True, but the Steelers were playing him on the wrong side.
Not the point. My point was that Dotson was overlooked by the entire league, and evaluators like PFF.

Maybe McKay looked at Dotson’s college film and figured out that he’d be better on the right side.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I like him. Not all backs have that instinct for playing the defenders but this guy gets it. He'd be nice. Rams will almost surely get a good back in this draft, assuming they don't unearth a FA bargain.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR5Cdh32v48

I’d have to go back and figure out which podcast it was, (I think PFF) but one of them said they lowered Benson on their ratings because he relied too much on his athleticism and physical traits for their liking and that won’t be enough to excel in the NFL.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Packers have made some solid upgrades. My main hope now is that Hunter signs with ANYONE but the trash in the bay.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Jourdan reported today in Athletic that basically Rams waiting to see what happens in FA till last possible moment before tendering Jackson. Sure seems like they want to see if they can get away with tendering him low if the FA market is soft.
I wonder what that means. Do the Rams really not value Jackson that much, or are they convinced that with all of the OLT prospects in the draft, nobody will want to pay Aleric like a top OLT? Second round tender isn’t even top OLT money. Jackson and his agent may see it all as a slight and then bolt when he’s a UFA.

Maybe the Rams want to sign him as cheaply as possible now, so they can sign other position players in FA this year, then they will try to get him a new deal in place over the fall that would kick in next March.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’d have to go back and figure out which podcast it was, (I think PFF) but one of them said they lowered Benson on their ratings because he relied too much on his athleticism and physical traits for their liking and that won’t be enough to excel in the NFL.
I don't always agree with those guys. Also I didn't watch all his games, but I was watching that one where he sprang that TD run. In that highlight you can see how he stays inside with his shoulders squared to the LOS then bounces. That is the kind of thing the backs who succeed in the NFL do.

The ones who struggle are the ones who are used to blowing through big holes and putting up huge explosive numbers then go to the NFL and need to learn how to work for their yardage and do the little things.

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Per Jourdan-

IMG_8957.png

So they will be looking at moving some money around at some point, and I guess this means a big signing like Hunter is likely off the table.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I like the Jackson and TE signings but damn, the cap is so off tilt in favor of the Offense.. we NEED to add a S, EDGE and CB in FA.

The Defense is an injury away damn near everywhere from being practice squad level.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I like the Jackson and TE signings but damn, the cap is so off tilt in favor of the Offense.. we NEED to add a S, EDGE and CB in FA.

The Defense is an injury away damn near everywhere from being practice squad level.
This. On paper, we are simply one of the bottom tier D's in the league and we keep spending our full cap on offense. At some point it needs to swing a bit.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
This. On paper, we are simply one of the bottom tier D's in the league and we keep spending our full cap on offense. At some point it needs to swing a bit.
Yep. Like I said, I like the signing of Jackson and warming up to the TE but the Defense frankly is VERY underwhelming at too many starter spots and depth.

Sure, we might score 36 a game, but an AD99 injury away from giving up 40 a game it feels.

I'd rather revamp our whole DB room (Don't bring back any of the FA Safeties we have and bring back AK-44 on a VERY friendly deal), add EDGE and depth at LB.

It's tilted in an unsustainable way.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Per Jourdan-

View attachment 64751

So they will be looking at moving some money around at some point, and I guess this means a big signing like Hunter is likely off the table.
Yep, without pulling a rabbit out of the hat, it’s the draft to fix the D weaknesses. It could be done I guess but you’ll need to land a starting Edge, CB, LB ,S, and K. Plus, we need an OT,, C, WR, RB, and QB to solidify depth. We’ve got enough cap to cross off two of these needs, maybe some restructure to afford a couple more but probably no headliners. But when it comes to building a roster, I’m obviously like Sgt Shultz!