OFFICIAL 2024 NFL Trades, cuts, free agency, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Or, they are considering giving Aleric a very low tender because they don’t care if they lose him, because they like several of the OLTs in the draft.

That may be stalling on which tender to give him because they want to see which teams still need a Left Tackle after today’s announcements.
Definitely a possibility.
I'd rather see a big investment on defense.. but, from a roster-building standpoint.. that wouldn't be a terrible decision.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I’m happy the Rams are sticking to the new theme of having a good-great Oline. I’ve been begging for this since Martz and the GSOT days.

Protecting Stafford with good pass blockers while also protecting with the constant threat of a running game.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Kurt Cousins is the GOAT of making money in this league without winning anything.
No one does it better.

Well Dak is gunning for him, I guess.

He's going to take the title from Sam Bradford, who was an absolute machine at making money without winning for a while there.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I’d rather spend that cap space on a really good vet Safety like Simmons (or CB) rather than a 3-4th WR. Bad cap usage.
Draft that WR in the 2-3rd round and have him for the next 4 years and at a low cap hit.

Yoooooo, Simmons would be a GET!!!

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
He's going to take the title from Sam Bradford, who was an absolute machine at making money without winning for a while there.
Cousins has been successful on the field.. not nearly the same.

But.. Cousins is the goat at getting the max-bag.. he's absolutely maximized his earning potential at every turn.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I guess they are going to play Avila at center now.
No doubt.

Those two moves (OG & TE) in combination insinuate the Rams are gonna run the F out of the ball as well. Balance here we come. Allen will be the pass game weapon when they do go 2 TE but now when we go 2 TE there should be strong ground threat for defenses to consider.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

But.. Cousins is the goat at getting the max-bag.. he's absolutely maximized his earning potential at every turn.

He's been more successful than Sam was for sure, but he's never been past the divisional round and I think he has one career playoff win.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Okay. I looked it up. Colby Parkinson is a very good signing. He’s an ascending player and fits the Rams scheme well. He is the tight end I had hoped they would go after.
I'll have to take a look. I hate being at work right now lol

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Wasn't Bradford the last of the insane money for #1 picks guy. He got a big head start.

You are correct - last draft before the rookie wage scale kicked in. Cam Newton went #1 the following year and signed for far less than Sam did.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
YEEAAAAHHH!!! Future HOF!! Perhaps the closest thing to Reggie White we've seen but he's won more Super Bowls and has a shot to 3peat!

Now we move to Sneed! Extend or trade? Word is seven teams inquired about him, Lions are a popular option. If we can get a late first I'd say go for it because the Chiefs secondary is STACKED! (McDuffie, Watson, and Williams, and the draft coming up.) I'd love to keep this defense together though. It's being compared to the 2001 Ravens. In the Playoffs I think it is the best ever.

Xavier Worthy is who I want at 32. If we the Lions 29th pick could the Chiefs get AD Mitchell as well? Oh the possibilities!!

LOVE CHRIS JONES!! He's a stone come killer when the game is on the line.

Love the enthusiasm, but that D is NOWHERE CLOSE to any of the all time great Defenses… that Ravens D was monstrous… so just no.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

What's this success you're talking about.

In 9 years as a starter his teams have had 2 good seasons. The rest have been hovering at 500.

That's 7 years of 500 ball for him. That's Jeff Fisher type success.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
No doubt.

Those two moves (OG & TE) in combination insinuate the Rams are gonna run the F out of the ball as well. Balance here we come. Allen will be the pass game weapon when they do go 2 TE but now when we go 2 TE there should be strong ground threat for defenses to consider.
I wonder if they draft a RB higher than some would expect. Need 2, and not sure Rivers & Evans are an answer for #2.

Then again, too early to give up on Evans.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
What's this success you're talking about.

In 9 years as a starter his teams have had 2 good seasons. The rest have been hovering at 500.

That's 7 years of 500 ball for him. That's Jeff Fisher type success.

I'm comparing him to Bradford and the league.
I didn't call him elite.
He has a winning record in the NFL and has passed for close to 40K yards and 270 TDs.

I don't know how that's not "successful."

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
I wonder if they draft a RB higher than some would expect. Need 2, and not sure Rivers & Evans are an answer for #2.

Then again, too early to give up on Evans.
To me, this upcoming draft rounds 3-5 are a perfect place for selecting a WR, FS & RB.
Rounds 1-2 you get the best CB you can and DL/OLB.

I believe they will add a lower cost vet rusher (Mack, Floyd, etc.) as depth for the young guys - likely someone who is cut by another team.