OFFICIAL 2024 NFL Trades, cuts, free agency, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

WestCoastRam

Legend
Or, they are considering giving Aleric a very low tender because they don’t care if they lose him, because they like several of the OLTs in the draft.

That may be stalling on which tender to give him because they want to see which teams still need a Left Tackle after today’s announcements.
Jourdan reported today in Athletic that basically Rams waiting to see what happens in FA till last possible moment before tendering Jackson. Sure seems like they want to see if they can get away with tendering him low if the FA market is soft.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I wonder if they draft a RB higher than some would expect. Need 2, and not sure Rivers & Evans are an answer for #2.

Then again, too early to give up on Evans.
I agree they need a RB. Also re: Evans it's not about giving up on him but rather being realistic. RB is a show-early position. So Evans is simply a non-factor in their roster build at that position. It would be foolishness to position yourself to count on him.

So yes they'll go get one. Question is can they find the bargain in this market because you don't want to tie up too much cap space in RB. And if not then they'll draft one for sure.

You may be right about them taking one earlier than suspected as well. There's a couple who would give us a real nice power look in combination with Williams. Though maybe I should cool my heels on that and just be thankful McVay has learned to appreciate power up front on the OL. :laugh3:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I wonder if they draft a RB higher than some would expect. Need 2, and not sure Rivers & Evans are an answer for #2.

Then again, too early to give up on Evans.
Evans didn’t look good at all last year. He was rated as the most athletic RB in the draft but he looked like he had no instincts in his few opportunities with the Rams.

I’d like them to draft a RB like Hyatt or Davis.
No, he was the #11 ranked FA and his pass rush win rate or w/e they call it for OL was among the best and he’s very good in the run game. Dude’s a stud and we have one of the best interiors in the NFL now
I thought the run game was where he was deficient.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
We did try and trade for Henry at the trade deadline last season… he’s unsigned now, so he’s a possibility

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
We did try and trade for Henry at the trade deadline last season… he’s unsigned now, so he’s a possibility
I read that the ravens want Henry. I also speculate that the Cowboys would want him because Jerry said they missed having a player like Zeke in their offense.

Londoner

Twitchy sophomore.
he was the #11 ranked FA
By one person.

Other views differ; PFF’s, for example. They had him as their eighth-rated guard;

IMG_7880.png

I really hope he works out for us, but it is a lot of money for a good-but-not-great player.
Let’s hope that practising against AD every day improves his pass protection.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Interesting. He'd need to be cheap though. Guy like him needs to know his value on this roster mentally speaking. Pay a guy like that too much and next thing you know he's complaining about carries and shit. He won't be the classic bellcow in this offense even if they do go get him. He'll be the redzone or short yardage power option.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
By one person.

Other views differ; PFF’s, for example. They had had him as their eighth-rated guard;

View attachment 64748

I really hope he works out for us, but it is a lot of money for a good-but-not-great player.
Let’s hope that practising against AD every day improves his pass protection.
I think he played better in his first two years than his last two.

John McKay is the Rams Head of Pro Personnel. He’s the one spotting players on other teams that fit the Rams scheme. He identified Dotson, Ahkello Witherspoon and Demarcus Robinson. Hopefully he’s still on a roll. He also recommended Hunter Long as a run blocking TE. McVay was very happy with how well Long was blocking last year.

If you recall, Dotson was not so highly regarded in his time with the Steelers. He was a potential cut. The Rams didn’t give much up to get him. Demarcus and Ahkello were street free agents. Ahkello thought his career was over. I’ll be keeping the faith until I see otherwise.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cousins to the Falcons is no small thing with the weapons they have on Offense.
He'd be a big upgrade for them. No doubt about it. And they could still take a shot on a QB if one slides to them they like. Then park said QB behind Cousins while he wins you games for now. Not that I think they'll do that of course. Raheem knows he needs to win, which means using that draft capital for other needs. But they could do that if they wanted to maybe end up down the road with the kind of QB who can win you titles. Because I don't think Cousins is that QB.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My head is spinning and I have no idea what to think about these signings.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I agree they need a RB. Also re: Evans it's not about giving up on him but rather being realistic. RB is a show-early position. So Evans is simply a non-factor in their roster build at that position. It would be foolishness to position yourself to count on him.

So yes they'll go get one. Question is can they find the bargain in this market because you don't want to tie up too much cap space in RB. And if not then they'll draft one for sure.

You may be right about them taking one earlier than suspected as well. There's a couple who would give us a real nice power look in combination with Williams. Though maybe I should cool my heels on that and just be thankful McVay has learned to appreciate power up front on the OL. :laugh3:
Yeah I saw there is a 2nd day guy from Fla St. Trey Benson. Would be something if they go that route again. Obviously he has nothing to do with Akers, just interesting that the best RB might be that kid.