OFFICIAL 2024 NFL Trades, cuts, free agency, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
If OG Mike Onwenu is cheaper than Dotson I think they should consider chasing after him instead.

Also I could see Tyron Smith coming in like an Andrew Whitworth 2.0.
I juste heard that the Patriots are going to try to keep Onwenu. He won’t be cheap.

Tyron Smith has had too many injuries in recent years. He’s a hard no for me.
AJ - 2nd round tender
Hoecht - ROFR
I’m talking to Floyd and Dotson, and kicking the tires on DWill.
That’s how I hope it goes.
Not sure I believe the Spotrac projection for TSmith around $9m. But TSmith at LT for 1-2 years. Draft a R2 to take over. Move Ajax to RG. Lot cheaper than $16m for Dotson.
Smith can’t stay healthy. He may be backup material at this point.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I juste heard that the Patriots are going to try to keep Onwenu. He won’t be cheap.

Tyron Smith has had too many injuries in recent years. He’s a hard no for me.

That’s how I hope it goes.

Smith can’t stay healthy. He may be backup material at this point.
He's still one of the best when he is healthy however. If he can be signed at a reasonable contract, I'd take the gamble. If he plays in 13 games, it will be great.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I thought I read today that Hoecht was not being tendered

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If Smith wants to be Whitworth 2.0 he would have to play a full season which he hasn't done since 2016. Which imo is very unlikely.
Actually, not since 2015 but who's counting....
He's missed 38 games over the past 4 seasons, that's a hard no

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

The downside of "void years". Minnesota about to get crushed with nearly 44 mill in dead cap

March 13​

(End of 2023 league year)

NFL: 2023 league year ends at 3:59:59 p.m. ET.

Vikings: Quarterback Kirk Cousins' 2024 through 2027 contract years void. Without a new deal, Cousins becomes an unrestricted free agent. The Vikings will have $28.5 million in 2024 dead money from the bonus proration relating to these contract years. Teammate Danielle Hunter's 2024 and 2025 contract years also void. The edge rusher becomes an unrestricted free agent at the start of the 2024 league year. Minnesota will have $14,906,667 in dead money because of Hunter's two dummy contract years.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Really don't understand this. The tender was cheap and he is fairly productive, especially if they play him at his position.
Well, a 2nd round tender is $4.9M.

An original round tender is $3M but, since Hoecht was an undrafted free agent, that tender would only give the Rams a right of refusal. I believe that's correct.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Well, a 2nd round tender is $4.9M.

An original round tender is $3M but, since Hoecht was an undrafted free agent, that tender would only give the Rams a right of refusal. I believe that's correct.
Which seems like a no brainer to me, doesn't it?

KA210927

Rookie
Name
Kevin
There are a lot of big name older DBs that are available. I am not sure they all have something left in the tank but I hope the Rams bring in a solid veteran DB FA and draft another young DB early.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Really don't understand this. The tender was cheap and he is fairly productive, especially if they play him at his position.
No idea there, maybe there were things they felt he could do better? I have no idea but they apparently think they can upgrade from him.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
There are a lot of big name older DBs that are available. I am not sure they all have something left in the tank but I hope the Rams bring in a solid veteran DB FA and draft another young DB early.
Might be a good idea but think that type of signing would likely come later-on in the off-season.

A veteran DB that's been cut for cap relief will (in most cases) be seeking a decent, multi-year-deal. Should a team (Rams?) like the player, they could make a good offer but if that team is looking for a one-year-deal at close to the veteran minimum, the player would probably wait a while to be sure something better doesn't come-up ... kind of like a Witherspoon and John Jonson last year.