OFFICIAL 2024 NFL Trades, cuts, free agency, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Fendi Onobun was several years before Les Snead joined the Rams' Organization.

But Billy Devaney thanks you.
I got too drunk while having “Beers with Billy” and misremembered. Too bad the NFL teams reps that were there didn’t take fewer notes and drink more beer.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They will prioritize released players over UDFAs, especially if they feel they will lose Dotson. They will not want to jeopardize that comp pick.
That's a great point

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
That's a great point
That's why I wonder of they take a swing at Xavian Howard. Not sure what he has left, but if they like him, they might have an inside track. You know Ramsey will point him in our direction based on his experience here. At least he seems to still be very positive about the Rams.

NCRamGuy

Rookie
Name
ManmadeRam
I wouldn't mind Diggs being with the Rams from Seattle. He played well and would get to beat up his old team twice a year.

Last edited:

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
That's a great point
And nothing surprising because Snead even alluded to it a few weeks ago when he talked to the media about the upcoming offseason. Stated they will keep that formula in mind.

KA210927

Rookie
Name
Kevin
If OG Mike Onwenu is cheaper than Dotson I think they should consider chasing after him instead.

Also I could see Tyron Smith coming in like an Andrew Whitworth 2.0.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If OG Mike Onwenu is cheaper than Dotson I think they should consider chasing after him instead.

Onwenu is likely as expensive if not more.

If Smith wants to be Whitworth 2.0 he would have to play a full season which he hasn't done since 2016. Which imo is very unlikely.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Expecting to hear, in the next couple days, the Rams' decisions on Restricted Free Agents.

Will Alaric Jackson get a 1st ($6.8M) or a 2nd round ($4.9M) tender. Will Michael Hoecht get a qualifying offer; and, if so, will it be a 2nd round tender, or merely a $3M right of first refusal (no draft pick compensation as Hoecht was an undrafted free agent).

I don't expect it but the Rams could try to extend Jackson with a multi-year offer that would have a 2024 cap hit under $6.8M. It would have to give Jackson enough guaranteed-$ to make it in his best interest.
Unlikely but possible.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Expecting to hear, in the next couple days, the Rams' decisions on Restricted Free Agents.

Will Alaric Jackson get a 1st ($6.8M) or a 2nd round ($4.9M) tender. Will Michael Hoecht get a qualifying offer; and, if so, will it be a 2nd round tender, or merely a $3M right of first refusal (no draft pick compensation as Hoecht was an undrafted free agent).

I don't expect it but the Rams could try to extend Jackson with a multi-year offer that would have a 2024 cap hit under $6.8M. It would have to give Jackson enough guaranteed-$ to make it in his best interest.
Unlikely but possible.
We're gonna see how they view Alaric. I'd think if they love him it'll be a extension or 1st round tender. If they think they can do better, a 2nd or RFR. Hoecht? He's not really a OLB, so I don't expect any tender. Who knows?

I'm hoping for a draft something like: #19 OL, #52 Edge/CB, #83 OL, #100 Edge/CB, #152 OL, #153 TE/RB, #179 TE/RB

Psycho_X

Legend

Unlikely but possible.
I would do Jackson at 2nd round tender and see how he performs one more year as either LT or swing guy if Noteboom leaves and we get another LT some how. Hoecht... I would like to have back as depth/rotation but I think I'd let him test free agency and bring him back if reasonably priced.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
AJ - 2nd round tender
Hoecht - ROFR
I’m talking to Floyd and Dotson, and kicking the tires on DWill.

dang

Legend

Not sure I believe the Spotrac projection for TSmith around $9m. But TSmith at LT for 1-2 years. Draft a R2 to take over. Move Ajax to RG. Lot cheaper than $16m for Dotson.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I don't usually suggest the Rams look into players just released but Will Dissly might be an exception.

Dissly was just released by Seattle and will be 28 during the up-coming season. When Dissly was drafted, I recall Pete Carroll saying the Seahawks thought he was the best run-blocking-TE in that Draft.

Dissly is a good solid veteran that might be an ideal compliment to Davis Allen, with Higbee likely starting the year on the PUP list. Consider adding a TE an important off-season-goal but there's only so many high picks and cap space to fill needs.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I don't usually suggest the Rams look into players just released but Will Dissly might be an exception.

Dissly was just released by Seattle and will be 28 during the up-coming season. When Dissly was drafted, I recall Pete Carroll saying the Seahawks thought he was the best run-blocking-TE in that Draft.

Dissly is a good solid veteran that might be an ideal compliment to Davis Allen, with Higbee likely starting the year on the PUP list. Consider adding a TE an important off-season-goal but there's only so many high picks and cap space to fill needs.
I think adding a vet is a must right now.
I don't know if Dissly is the guy.. but he graded out well on PFF.