OFFICIAL 2024 NFL Trades, cuts, free agency, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
No idea there, maybe there were things they felt he could do better? I have no idea but they apparently think they can upgrade from him.
Must want someone that is way better at pass coverage when called for I guess.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Really don't understand this. The tender was cheap and he is fairly productive, especially if they play him at his position.
Maybe they're treating him like a free agent. "we don't want to pay you the tender price so go see what you can get. If you'd like to take less from us then come back".

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
No idea there, maybe there were things they felt he could do better? I have no idea but they apparently think they can upgrade from him.
Floyd, Uche and Huff in FA. Mack going to be a FA in less than a week. Then you have draft picks like Verse, Turner, Latu, and Booker. So yes, he’s replaceable.

If Hoecht wants to come back on a 2yr $5M deal, I’m sure Pastoors will give the thumbs up.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Not sure I believe the Spotrac projection for TSmith around $9m. But TSmith at LT for 1-2 years. Draft a R2 to take over. Move Ajax to RG. Lot cheaper than $16m for Dotson.
I don't see us getting more than 16 games over 2 years out of TSmith... is that worth paying for given that Jackson is above average.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe the Rams think Hoecht is a tweener, as in not a good fit for a 3-4 defense. But he might be a very good defensive end in a 4-3. I like the guy, personally, and hope the Rams can bring him back.

dang

Legend

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
The $$$ grab by Miller didn’t work out well for him or the Bills. I'm not sure I understand players that do this when they’ve already made enough $$$ to cover the next 3 generations of their family for an extremely comfortable life.
I agree but I recall (very clearly) that when Miller was considering the Rams' offer vs. the Bills' offer during the 2022 early Free Agency, Miller had a camera crew following him, covering his decision.

I can not forget Miller (a 33-yearold future Hall of Famer), on the phone with his father saying this:
"Daddy, what should I do?"
That's all I needed to know. By-the-way, Daddy told him to 'Take the Money'

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The $$$ grab by Miller didn’t work out well for him or the Bills. Im not sure I understand players that do this when they’ve already made enough $$$ to cover the next 3 generations of their family for an extremely comfortable life. And I don’t want to hear about chasing another ring. He already had multiple.
Ironically though, the Rams offered more $$.
IIRC he wanted to be the 1st player to win a ring with 3 different teams.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The $$$ grab by Miller didn’t work out well for him or the Bills. Im not sure I understand players that do this when they’ve already made enough $$$ to cover the next 3 generations of their family for an extremely comfortable life. And I don’t want to hear about chasing another ring. He already had multiple.

I agree but I recall (very clearly) that when Miller was considering the Rams' offer vs. the Bills' offer during the 2022 early Free Agency, Miller had a camera crew following him, covering his decision.

I can not forget Miller (a 33-yearold future Hall of Famer), on the phone with his father saying this:
"Daddy, what should I do?"
That's all I needed to know. By-the-way, Daddy told him to 'Take the Money'
His Dad and agent talked him into it. That spring he was instantly disappointed with his decision. Watching the video it really seemed like his heart was to stay with the Rams and play with AD.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He’s still playing well. Maybe at 30 years old they think he is slowing down too much to be worth that amount.
They probably know they're not close to competing so saving the 14.5 million was an easy decision.