OFFICIAL 2024 NFL Trades, cuts, free agency, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Feels like 5 million is a lot for Robinson if he's not gonna be the WR3 but maybe I'm crazy.
Not too much for insurance for a one year deal. I don’t think it would affect draft decisions. Plus he could be traded at the deadline if a drafted receiver were to rapidly develop.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Bears draft Caleb at 1 Nabers at 9 and sign Evans. Added to Kmet at TE and the 2 RB they have and they might be good in spite of being the Bears.
I just can't see Nabers ever getting to 9 and I'd be afraid our brass would give up the farm to get him if he did.
Feels like 5 million is a lot for Robinson if he's not gonna be the WR3 but maybe I'm crazy.
He'd likely be a 4th WR if we were to acquire one.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

This is surprising. They were willing to offer 20+ million of our cap on a older WR? Are we just punting on defense again? With this insanely deep WR class, I cannot fathom trying to sign the biggest name in FA when you have massive holes to fill. Maybe just a call to see the price for their info? Or, should we be really looking at Brian Thomas Jr at 19?

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not too much for insurance for a one year deal. I don’t think it would affect draft decisions. Plus he could be traded at the deadline if a drafted receiver were to rapidly develop.
Wonder if Calvin Ridley or someone is in the cards then ?

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just can't see Nabers ever getting to 9 and I'd be afraid our brass would give up the farm to get him if he did.

Yeah but 5 million for WR4 seems like a lot I thought.

dang

Legend
This is surprising. They were willing to offer 20+ million of our cap on an older WR? Are we just punting on defense again? With this insanely deep WR class, I cannot fathom trying to sign the biggest name in FA when you have massive holes to fill. Maybe just a call to see the price for their info? Or, should we be really looking at Brian Thomas Jr at 19?
Looking ain’t buying. I look at new golf clubs every time I go into the PGA Superstore to buy some balls. Rarely do I buy.

WestCoastRam

Legend
This is surprising. They were willing to offer 20+ million of our cap on a older WR? Are we just punting on defense again? With this insanely deep WR class, I cannot fathom trying to sign the biggest name in FA when you have massive holes to fill. Maybe just a call to see the price for their info? Or, should we be really looking at Brian Thomas Jr at 19?
He's still a monster WR. And we don't know what level of interest there was, whether our interest was before or after signing Robinson too.

There is definitely a strategy to push the offense into elite category (or in the case of the oline, keep it where it's at with new talent coming in to replace those lost in FA) and add just enough to D to make it a bit more competitive. I think you get farther in the NFL with a dominate unit and the other that can keep pace than two relatively equal units at offense and defense.

Last edited:

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Luckily there are several monster WR's in this draft and most won't cost our 1st. Coleman and J.Wilson to name a couple.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

He could get to nine. Let's say first 4 QBs. Harrison, Alt, Fashanu, Odunze and Nabers. There's 9 without a defensive player like Verse or the Bama edge who's name I forget ATM. Nabers or Odunze easily could be there at 9. And I absolutely think we go WR first even more so after trying to get Evans just dou t we trade up for it.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
If true, that concerns me regarding Kupp.
Yeah, I think they see that Kupp is at a point where he can't be "the guy" and he shouldn't be playing 90% of the snaps to be at his best.

They need to make him the complimentary guy, who still in big spots can make big plays, but he shouldn't be getting 10 plus targets a game. He just won't last long doing that and he probably is just not able to get open as easily as he used to.

So that's a good reason why they need another top caliber WR. As it is, even Puka won't last with his playing style, if he is catching 8 plus passes a game, week in and week out.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Kupp just wasn't fully back last season. I think we might need to separate his injury status of last season and his shelf life. He has always been a guy who takes a ton of hits and gets injured with his style of play, as he's out there muscling DBs while beating their asses. Nacua is the same. Same style so he also will end up getting dinged and missing time. I think we can project that.

For this reason and for reason of adding speed and stretching the field the Rams just need that third heat. Another good young wideout added to the mix who can at least threaten to beat a corner 1v1 on a nine or post. Someone who makes the safeties think that extra second or two.

Either way one thing we're definitely seeing with wideout is it has become a cornerstone position in the minds of teams. It would be a topic all its own to discuss definition of what it is that is most crucial, and even then that would deviate based on the offense. But there is a trend within the trend thanks to McVay and Ratboy (and Kupp among others) of underneath threats who can take short passes and get you extra yards, first downs, maybe more.

But again McVay is a hybrid WCO mind I think in some ways. He has some of that old Coryell mindset where he likes to use the length of the field too, and he has the QB to do it. And I think that mindset is part of the reason why he's got a ring and Ratboy doesn't.