OFFICIAL 2024 NFL Trades, cuts, free agency, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WestCoastRam

Legend
That was a good retirement speech.

More importantly, good bye tush push.
Yeah, wasn't a huge fan of eliminating it as they were really the only one's who could do it consistently. Will be interesting to see if they can have even a hint of the success they had before without him.

PARAM

Hall of Fame

View: https://twitter.com/_AndrewCallahan/status/1764643959958311319

I suspect some of what we're hearing about Rams interest in WRs in FA was previous to signing Robinson but also, does not preclude us from drafting one as the talent is otherworldly and might be important to not pass up and we have a great need for a WR starting next year when we lose Robinson and Tutu.

Which is all the more reason to draft one now. Should we suffer an injury, we've got a replacement. If we're good on that front, we'll have a WR with 1 year in the playbook and practices. Who knows, maybe he's a returner this year and can get on the 45 consistently....which opens up availability for experience in the offense, however limited. The end point for any team is to be balanced, talented, successful and drafting for need a year early rather than immediately or a year late. It isn't easy because it takes longevity in the head coaching position, something 25% of NFL teams reset every year, 50% every other year.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Was it strong? I've only seen reports that there was interest. Probably makes a difference.
I don’t know. Maybe it was the usual sensationalizing from writers to get clicks. Maybe they really had strong interest. IMO that’s a difficult thing to quantify, since they never got the chance to pursue him in free agency.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Reports are out that the Rams had strong interest in Mike Evans. I don’t know if that was before or after signing Robinson.
Pretty sure we signed him before the talk of Evans being shopped was leaked. That info also looks fake now that he's signed an extension before free agency.

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
Reporter: Russell, how does it feel to know that Denver thinks it's worth $85 mil to get rid of you?

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
He could get to nine. Let's say first 4 QBs. Harrison, Alt, Fashanu, Odunze and Nabers. There's 9 without a defensive player like Verse or the Bama edge who's name I forget ATM. Nabers or Odunze easily could be there at 9. And I absolutely think we go WR first even more so after trying to get Evans just dou t we trade up for it.
Your not wrong. Forgot that a 2nd LT could easily go top 9 and I suspect Turner will get some real looks in top 8
Which is all the more reason to draft one now. Should we suffer an injury, we've got a replacement. If we're good on that front, we'll have a WR with 1 year in the playbook and practices. Who knows, maybe he's a returner this year and can get on the 45 consistently....which opens up availability for experience in the offense, however limited. The end point for any team is to be balanced, talented, successful and drafting for need a year early rather than immediately or a year late. It isn't easy because it takes longevity in the head coaching position, something 25% of NFL teams reset every year, 50% every other year.
With a deep class like this, I'd think their scouting team could find a good player to sit at 4 this year and start next year. All while not using 19 on one. The 3rd seems like a great round to do that. A guy like Wilson, Corley, Pearsall, Polk, Legette, Baker, McMillan... the list goes on because its a loaded WR class.

I think a guy to keep an eye on is McConkey. I would imagine McVay drools at the schemes he could draw up for him. A small trade down and grabbing McConkey has to be a real option, especially with the show he put on in Indy.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Wild West Fight GIF by GritTV

Let’s ride!!!!

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Feels like 5 million is a lot for Robinson if he's not gonna be the WR3 but maybe I'm crazy.
IIRC, the contract is not guaranteed and is incentive laden. I believe his actual salary is $1.5mil?
He’s looking more like insurance now.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Your not wrong. Forgot that a 2nd LT could easily go top 9 and I suspect Turner will get some real looks in top 8
Yeah it's always up in air exactly what happens with those picks but that seems like a pretty reasonable guess at the top 10 maybe not the order though.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Wilson to the Falcons sounds like a good fit?

The offense talent is pretty solid there.

Raheem needs a QB.

I don’t know what to think of Wilson? But he has played some good ball in the NFL.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
IIRC, the contract is not guaranteed and is incentive laden. I believe his actual salary is $1.5mil?
He’s looking more like insurance now.
OTC lists him as a 4M cap hit and no void yr next yr...all this yr.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
OTC lists him as a 4M cap hit and no void yr next yr...all this yr.
Yeah think I read the 5th million is in incentives. One of those "contract worth UP TO $5 million" deals.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wilson to the Falcons sounds like a good fit?

The offense talent is pretty solid there.

Raheem needs a QB.

I don’t know what to think of Wilson? But he has played some good ball in the NFL.
Man, he's got a guaranteed 25-30 mill for '24/ Talk about a guy who can afford to take a backup gig with a chance at redemption