49'ers The San Francisco 49’ers Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

oldnotdead

Legend
Part of it is poor coaching. Failure to make headway into developing their supposed QB1 of the future. Shanny is still acting like it's OTAs and parceling out snaps and rotating QBs in and out with the ones. In otherwords they don't have a QB1. Shanny doesn't have a QB coach to simply make a decision and hold his nose and pick one QB to focus on. So now they have 3 developmental projects. What they actually must be thinking is that they don't need a QB1 They can rotate them in and out of the lineup like WRs or RBs I guess.

What they should have done is recognize what Lance's strengths were and design their offense to play to those strengths instead of trying to make the square peg fit in a round hole. Rumors up north is that the FO might be getting tired of the circus. They are looking at how far Detroit has come starting from scratch. IMO I think the rumors that if Shanny doesn't win a Lombardi this year he might be out next year. He's at least got to get them to the Super Bowl and if they lose then it better be a close loss. Anything less than a Super Bowl appearance and he might be gone. The FO forgetting he never wanted Lance. LOL

This is why I've been saying all offseason I really think the Niners will take a step back and the main competition for the division will be Seattle. But now that he has his contract will Geno deliver? I think we have seen the best of Geno last year and it wasn't enough. IMO their defense is suspect and I don't see Geno being able to put up enough points each week to get them over the finish line first. The Ram offense is better than theirs. The Ram defense will probably be better if Morris turns over how the DBs are played to Lake and Pleasant. Even with all the young players this defense should finish in the top half of the rankings on pure talent alone. If they don't and they sink even lower than their current 19th ranking Morris has to go. McVay needs to stop making excuses for his buddy and put the team first.

Why am I putting so much hope in Pleasant? He was Staley's DB coach and his last year with the Rams the defense ranked number 1 and they were a ball hawking bunch. He coached them hard and they delivered with aggressive play. Staley played a combination zone / man style with his secondary. Pleasant has the secondary players to play that style again. Like I've said it's not so much the scheme but how the scheme is played. Zones are fine if the DBs anticipate the top of the route and jump it.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

Cowboys' Trevon Diggs Blasts Cheap-Shot 49ers​

Diggs knows what's up.

Oh and re: Diggs' comment about his sorry ass never lining up in front of him...

%D0%BC%D0%B8%D0%BA%D1%80%D0%BE%D1%84%D0%BE%D0%BD-mic-drop.gif

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
The best thing that happened for the 49ers last year was Lance going down. Jimmy G came in and they started winning. The way Shanahan called plays for Lance like he was a fullback sure looked suspicious to me. He had to know Lance wouldn't last long running up the middle. But he couldn't bench Lance because he'd be facing criticism for not letting him develop. That injury sure was convenient for Shanahan.

dang

Legend
The best thing that happened for the 49ers last year was Lance going down. Jimmy G came in and they started winning. The way Shanahan called plays for Lance like he was a fullback sure looked suspicious to me. He had to know Lance wouldn't last long running up the middle. But he couldn't bench Lance because he'd be facing criticism for not letting him develop. That injury sure was convenient for Shanahan.
“Rat Boy. Rat Boy.”
“Whatcha gonna do?”
“Whatcha gonna do when they come for YOU?”

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
Diggs knows what's up.

Oh and re: Diggs' comment about his sorry ass never lining up in front of him...

%D0%BC%D0%B8%D0%BA%D1%80%D0%BE%D1%84%D0%BE%D0%BD-mic-drop.gif
Kinda reminds me of Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's response to Bill Walton woofing in the media with his "What else dd Dr. Scholl have to say?," quip...

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is a five yard pass for goodness sake! Having trouble with short throws? Wow! I wonder how the deep throws are going?
This is from 1 day ago.

1690917344017.png

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Few things better than Shitter camp lowlights. :laugh3:

Judge Doom

Margot Robbie's Future Love Slave
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It must be awful to look in the mirror and see a Niner fan reflected back at you.

Jerry Seinfeld GIF

dang

Legend
It must be awful to look in the mirror and see a Niner fan reflected back at you.

Jerry Seinfeld GIF
Saw one today at the gym in a bright red 69er shirt. Pudgy little greaseball was actually flexing in the mirror. Had the urge to plate him in the head with a 10 lb weight but my senses got the better of me.

Last edited:

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Saw one today at the gym in a bright red 69er shirt. Pudgy little greaseball was actually flexing in the mirror. Had the urge to plate him in the head with a 10 lb weight but my senses got the better of me.

Always go with your first thought.

oldnotdead

Legend
I was laughing at a cousin in the Bay Area who said there is a rumor the Niners will try to trade for Goff next year. Yeah he will be in a contract year and still affordable but I doubt Holmes is stupid enough to trade away the QB1 they have built their entire offense around. I'm sure Jared will get a very nice contract with escalators next year. Detroit fans love the guy.

Shows you how desperate their fan base is for hope.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I was laughing at a cousin in the Bay Area who said there is a rumor the Niners will try to trade for Goff next year. Yeah he will be in a contract year and still affordable but I doubt Holmes is stupid enough to trade away the QB1 they have built their entire offense around. I'm sure Jared will get a very nice contract with escalators next year. Detroit fans love the guy.

Shows you how desperate their fan base is for hope.
I still say the quarterback position is whats gonna keep them from winning a championship. With that roster they might make it all the way to the Superbowl. Then go up against Burrow, Mahomes or Allen.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Saw one today at the gym … Had the urge to plate him in the head with a 10 lb weight but my senses got the better of me.
That’s a good thing. Would have been a mistake.

20 pound weight would have been the way-to-go.

Think man! Think!!!

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I still say the quarterback position is whats gonna keep them from winning a championship. With that roster they might make it all the way to the Superbowl. Then go up against Burrow, Mahomes or Allen.
I don't know. If I recall correctly, Goff looked pretty good against Mahomes a couple of years ago. And the other 21 guys are pretty important too.