St. Louis Rams: Bringing Back Bradford?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
After watching what happened to Matt Stafford,I don't agree.And because of that I don't think Bradford would either.If he fails next year don't resign him.That would end the debate amongst everyone.

There are too many other areas of need that the Rams could potentially address by reallocating the money that was due Bradford if they cut and resign him, or just move on altogether.

13 Million (with 16 million against the cap) is too much to pay for a "prove your worth it" season.
Especially if he spends it holding a clipboard.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
I might be wrong here, but I don't think a "by the game basis" is an option for NFL contracts. It'd be something with lower base pay, but "unlikely to be earned incentives" instead.

You're probably right about the contract, although it doesn't seem like a terrible idea.
Obviously it would never make it by the union though.

I just don't want the Rams to pay for another full rehab season if he gets hurt again.

cgsuddeath

Rookie
Name
cgsuddeath
There are too many other areas of need that the Rams could potentially address by reallocating the money that was due Bradford if they cut and resign him, or just move on altogether.

13 Million (with 16 million against the cap) is too much to pay for a "prove your worth it" season.
Especially if he spends it holding a clipboard.
To many "ifs" for me.Davis is a question mark.It will take a rookie a year(and that's no guarantee) or two to get use to their offense.As far as I'm concerned Bradford is the only known commodity and were talking about the last two years of Fishers contract.I can assure you since Fisher trust veterans mostly,Bradford is his best option.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
To many "ifs" for me.Davis is a question mark.It will take a rookie a year(and that's no guarantee) or two to get use to their offense.As far as I'm concerned Bradford is the only known commodity and were talking about the last two years of Fishers contract.I can assure you since Fisher trust veterans mostly,Bradford is his best option.

I think Bradford is the biggest "if" of all, but that's just me.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
If we could get our hands on some of this stuff, there would be no debate:
adamantium_element.jpg

adamantium.jpg

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
After watching what happened to Matt Stafford,I don't agree.And because of that I don't think Bradford would either.If he fails next year don't resign him.That would end the debate amongst everyone.

Staffords injuries were not anything nearly as bad as what Bradford has had. In fact Stafford has missed very little time.

cgsuddeath

Rookie
Name
cgsuddeath
Staffords injuries were not anything nearly as bad as what Bradford has had. In fact Stafford has missed very little time.
Stafford missed 6 games in 2009 13 games in 2010 in his first 2 years.Injuries are injuries.No matter how you slice itNot mention he's always had better personnel than Bradford.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
The NFL morning show were talking about landing places for Johnny FBall, and the Rams came up. Strahan answered something to the effect that we all believe that Sam is talented, and will be back with the Rams.

UCLA's line has been abysmal, not just not good. It really hurt Hundley this year. Yesterday, you finally got to see when they still weren't good, but played better than most games this year. Hundley was 29 for 37 with 2 TD's in the air, over 300 yds, and 2 TD's on the ground rushing. He had another throwing TD, on a fade, taken away on a horrific call, where they thought the WR pushed off, replays clearly showed he didn't. Brett worked with Philip Rivers, the Mannings, and Tim Tebow, for leadership advice, in the offseason. He has the thirst to be the best. He just broke UCLA's all-time TD record...70, and still going.

He's been working in the pocket better the last few weeks, but sometimes he gets pressured before he's set to throw. He's tough, been sacked more than any other college QB over the last t

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Some guys just can't post enough on their...dislike? Call it whatever you like it is what it is

If SB8 is cleared by the medical staff, he'll be back and the haters will weep, yet again

It's like a never ending cycle

cgsuddeath

Rookie
Name
cgsuddeath
Some guys just can't post enough on their...dislike? Call it whatever you like it is what it is

If SB8 is cleared by the medical staff, he'll be back and the haters will weep, yet again

It's like a never ending cycle
My sentiments exactly.