ROD mock draft in 2016

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
If getting ready means double checking my board to make sure I don't select an already selected player (again) - I'm getting ready ;)

55555.jpg

" And be sure and follow @Alan's advice too!!(y);):D

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
@shaunpinney, I'm not a physician but I'll act like one on ROD. Try to get some manuka honey with a kfactor over +24. Simply take a full teaspoon twice per day more if needed.

Sounds silly but that stuff goes a long ways for multiple beneficial relief.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Knowing @-X- He's probably working on some Block-Buster Deal behind Closed Doors!!:mrburnsevil:

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
@shaunpinney, I'm not a physician but I'll act like one on ROD. Try to get some manuka honey with a kfactor over +24. Simply take a full teaspoon twice per day more if needed.

Sounds silly but that stuff goes a long ways for multiple beneficial relief.

I'll try that, I'm all for natural remedies - my body hates chemical medicines :)

Thanks for the advice

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
With the 143rd overall pick in the 2016 NFL Draft, the Oakland Raiders select:
Moritz Boehringer, wide receiver from Schwäbisch Hall Germany.

booomsuckit_zpsa6b9d9e8.gif

@Ramhusker is on the clock.

Last edited:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
144th pick goes down in history with the name of John Theus, OT, Georgia on it!

2000889.jpg

JOHN THEUS, OT
SCHOOL: GEORGIA | CONFERENCE: SEC
COLLEGE EXPERIENCE: SENIOR | HOMETOWN: JACKSONVILLE, FL
HEIGHT/WEIGHT: 6-6 / 313 LBS.
PROJECTED RANKING
OVERALL POSITION
89 10
PLAYER LOWDOWN
COMBINE RESULTS
40 YD 20 YD 10 YD 225 BENCH VERTICAL JUMP BROAD SHUTTLE 3-CONE DRILL
5.22 3.00 - - 28 - 4.78 7.90
WORKOUT RESULTS
5.15 3.00 1.80 - 28 8'7" 4.78 7.90
PLAYER OVERVIEW
Theus is a versatile lineman who has played right tackle and left tackle while starting 48 games and playing in all 53 during his career at Georgia. He accepted an invitation to the Senior Bowl following the 2015 season.
STRENGTHS WEAKNESSES
STRENGTHS: Possesses a naturally large frame with broad shoulders, long arms (34 1/8") and a relatively trim middle. Offers some positional versatility after splitting time between left and right tackle over four years as starter in a pro-style scheme.

Gets a good initial pop on defenders and has the balance and lateral agility to slide in pass protection. Keeps his knees (rather than his waist) bent, helping him absorb bull rushes. Competitive. Looks for opponents to hit and helps teammates.

Durable. Started 48 of 53 possible games for the Bulldogs and played in the other five. Has no known serious injuries over his career and despite his experience, opted to participate in the Senior Bowl.

WEAKNESSES: Doesn't possess ideal initial quickness or the agility to recover if beaten off the snap, making Theus a liability against speed rushers.

Overly reliant on an initial shove and fails to sustain blocks. Too often plays flat-footed or even on his heels (rather than on the balls of his feet) at the moment of contact, leaving him off-balance and vulnerable to quickness, including counter moves.

A bit of a plodder when blocking on the move, struggling to consistently reach opponents at the second level.

IN OUR VIEW: Given that he is a four-year starter against SEC competition, Theus is relatively "proven," but he doesn't possess ideal athleticism for blocking on the perimeter and may be too tall to move inside to guard. He's experienced enough to be thrown into the fire early in his NFL career, but there is some concern that he's already maxed out.

Theus has the build, strength and experience to make an NFL roster and has proven his positional versatility. His ceiling may be as a swingman for depth purposes who doesn't necessarily project as a future starter.

--Rob Rang (2/3/16)

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
144th pick goes down in history with the name of John Theus, OT, Georgia on it!

2000889.jpg

JOHN THEUS, OT
SCHOOL: GEORGIA | CONFERENCE: SEC
COLLEGE EXPERIENCE: SENIOR | HOMETOWN: JACKSONVILLE, FL
HEIGHT/WEIGHT: 6-6 / 313 LBS.
PROJECTED RANKING
OVERALL POSITION
89 10
PLAYER LOWDOWN
COMBINE RESULTS
5.22 3.00 - - 28 - 4.78 7.90
WORKOUT RESULTS
5.15 3.00 1.80 - 28 8'7" 4.78 7.90
PLAYER OVERVIEW
Theus is a versatile lineman who has played right tackle and left tackle while starting 48 games and playing in all 53 during his career at Georgia. He accepted an invitation to the Senior Bowl following the 2015 season.
STRENGTHS WEAKNESSES
STRENGTHS: Possesses a naturally large frame with broad shoulders, long arms (34 1/8") and a relatively trim middle. Offers some positional versatility after splitting time between left and right tackle over four years as starter in a pro-style scheme.

Gets a good initial pop on defenders and has the balance and lateral agility to slide in pass protection. Keeps his knees (rather than his waist) bent, helping him absorb bull rushes. Competitive. Looks for opponents to hit and helps teammates.

Durable. Started 48 of 53 possible games for the Bulldogs and played in the other five. Has no known serious injuries over his career and despite his experience, opted to participate in the Senior Bowl.

WEAKNESSES: Doesn't possess ideal initial quickness or the agility to recover if beaten off the snap, making Theus a liability against speed rushers.

Overly reliant on an initial shove and fails to sustain blocks. Too often plays flat-footed or even on his heels (rather than on the balls of his feet) at the moment of contact, leaving him off-balance and vulnerable to quickness, including counter moves.

A bit of a plodder when blocking on the move, struggling to consistently reach opponents at the second level.

IN OUR VIEW: Given that he is a four-year starter against SEC competition, Theus is relatively "proven," but he doesn't possess ideal athleticism for blocking on the perimeter and may be too tall to move inside to guard. He's experienced enough to be thrown into the fire early in his NFL career, but there is some concern that he's already maxed out.

Theus has the build, strength and experience to make an NFL roster and has proven his positional versatility. His ceiling may be as a swingman for depth purposes who doesn't necessarily project as a future starter.

--Rob Rang (2/3/16)

You have just narrowed my options for greatness
Damn, nice pick!!!!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
With the 143rd overall pick in the 2016 NFL Draft, the Oakland Raiders select:
Moritz Boehringer, wide receiver from Schwäbisch Hall Germany.

booomsuckit_zpsa6b9d9e8.gif

@Ramhusker is on the clock.
Really, Really nice pick -X-! I was going to take him IF he made it to my 2nd pick this round!! I guess my plan didn't work!!(y)(y) I hope If the Rams don't take him, the Raiders follow your lead!!