PREGAME Rams at Lions SNF Sept-08-2024

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
White, Kurl, Williams, Lake and JJ3. Last year we had inexperience on the back end. This year there is a lot of experience on the back end. Should reduce the big plays we gave up. There were too many.

Game one is gonna be tough. A hungry fan base that hasn't seen much success in their history. In their house. Its gonna be loud and rocking there. One advantage is our guys went in their last season. They should have a better idea what to expect.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Game one is gonna be tough. A hungry fan base that hasn't seen much success in their history. In their house. Its gonna be loud and rocking there.
What I fear will be our undoing is uncertainty in our OL brought on by mismatches on the edge and the QB being unsettled as a result.

There is a chance we run the ball well, which tbh will come down to how well the defense plays. A great defense allows for patience on offense. And how well our defense plays comes down largely to corner play, in that I think we will get reasonably good play up front, so the key is making Goff hold the ball a beat longer than he wants to. If they can do that Goff will shit his pants as per usual. If not we are probably in for an ass beating.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Just using the last matchup as a gauge, I believe the key is our D stopping (or at least offering up some resistance) to their run game.

All things being equal…if both teams stop the run it’s advantage Rams because Stafford>Goff without run support. That’s a fact.

Our D getting run over early really set the table for the Lions.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am probably more confident about the defensive front than I should be. Given that I haven't seen them play yet. But that aside I expect the best case for us is a defensive struggle type game.

Which sounds crazy given that recent playoff game. But that is what I am hoping for. A dominant defense early might convince McVay to stick with the ground game.:laugh4:

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I am probably more confident about the defensive front than I should be. Given that I haven't seen them play yet. But that aside I expect the best case for us is a defensive struggle type game.

Which sounds crazy given that recent playoff game. But that is what I am hoping for. A dominant defense early might convince McVay to stick with the ground game.:laugh4:
Until they have first and goal at the 4 yard line.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
In one week we will finally get to see Jared Verse and Braden Fiske in action, let alone Byron Young and Kobie Turner in their second seasons, hopefully even better than their outstanding rookie years. I am hoping for extreme pressure on Goff, and Tre White and Darious Williams feasting on errant throws.

I can't wait to see Camren Kurl wrapping up the Lions running backs and watching Quentin Lake shut down their tight end.

On offense, I hope to see Kyren Williams and Blake Corum plugging away behind the Rams interior line. But I am most excited about watching Stafford throw to a healthy Cooper Kupp and Puka.

Yes, I am hoping for domination. We owe them that. Cheers.

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
For one game I don't see a drop-off between Jackson and Noteboom. I think Joe will play very well.

Ram65

Legend
Watching the opening game preview you can see both teams have made offseason moves to improve. What an opening to the Rams 2024 season. Focusing on the Rams so much that I forgot to focus on improvements around the league. It looks like another battle to the end.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
Every year in the NFL there are many games that don't feel worthy of playing in the prime time slot. This isn't one of them. Heck of a game here.

Best of luck to you on the upcoming season Ram bros.

Memphis Ram

Legend
White, Kurl, Williams, Lake and JJ3. Last year we had inexperience on the back end. This year there is a lot of experience on the back end. Should reduce the big plays we gave up. There were too many.

Game one is gonna be tough. A hungry fan base that hasn't seen much success in their history. In their house. Its gonna be loud and rocking there. One advantage is our guys went in their last season. They should have a better idea what to expect.
For some reason, I'd like to see some youth mixed in ala Kinchens for JJ3.

Memphis Ram

Legend
IF DJ Reader is unable to play that would be HUGE for the rushing attack.

“I would love to say we’re targeting that (Week 1). We’re just going to take it as it comes,” Campbell said of Reader. “We’d always said, long term, that we were kinda shooting for (Week 2 vs.) Tampa [Bay]. Look, our eyes are open, and we’re going to pay close attention and see how he does, how he feels, and kinda go from there if it’s sooner.”

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Most are picking the Lions in this one. Its understandable. Some have them rated the best in the NFC. Others have them rated second best. Most have the Rams as a good team who should make the playoffs. So this game is far from a gimme.

I think the reason they don't think we're as good as the top teams is the questions on defense. We have so many youngsters with some unproven. Could be really good. Or really bad. Or somewhere in between. I think the future is bright for our defense. Just not sure if they're ready to be a top defense yet.

The offense is expected to be one of the best in the NFL. Health is the key. Pretty much the case with every team.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This game will be one where Detroit caught us at a good time. Because the Rams team they get on Sunday will not be the Rams team they will need to beat to get to the Super Bowl in the NFC playoff field.

Media of course will get busy crowning Detroit afterwards, if it goes how I expect. But I seriously doubt they're the team that will emerge for the NFC.

Hopefully it goes how I don't expect, and we win. But this will be an important milestone game for this young group and for our staff to make the changes they knew they should have made already on the depth chart.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I will say one thing about these Rams... they shocked the shit out of me last year when they played lights out and consistently against Seattle AND the whiners until the second half collapse in game 2. I am hoping and believe we will see the same thing this year. McVay knows how to get his teams ready for the start of the season.

dpjax

Starter
Camp Reporter

…and Woodland Hills heat kicks in just in time for week 1.

IMG_0439.jpeg