GAME DAY Rams at Lions SNF - Game Day Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
McVay should have never went for it on 4th down in short field goal range early.
He cost us the game IMO.

Tough to say that when the play call was good, Stafford made the throw - Kupp just dropped it, and he may have run that for a TD

Toothsayer

UDFA
Name
Richard H Stee
Disagreeing is fine. I see it as up 3 with the ball with less than 3 minutes to go. That's a completely winnable game IMO. Poor performance and play calling lead to a quick turn over and too much time on the clock. Example: Williams should have been coached up to stay in bounds instead of running to the sideline to stop the clock in the Lions favor. When the Lions lined up 6 on the front line the Rams failed to set up the right protection for Stafford. Hence he missed the throw to Kupp.
If it had been the OL The Rams planned/practiced , totally justified criticism. Here, not so much, imo.

No defense for Kyren , I agree. No excuse for Kupp dropping that 4th down pass he'd almost always secure, either. Or the totally useless facemask that negated the TD. Or the EZ pick that was just a bad throw. Always a mistake to look only at the last few mins of a game for key moments, imo.

I don't believe in participation trophies, but that "successful failure" is the sort of thing teams can draw on for inspiration later in the year. Hopefully they won't be so much at a disadvantage injury-wise if they find themselves similarly up against it.

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
Tough to say that when the play call was good, Stafford made the throw - Kupp just dropped it, and he may have run that for a TD
We had a one point loss the last time we played them and those 3 points cost us this game.
It was always going to be a close game. And certainly would have been if we won.
Take the points coach.
I will say it again, it was too early for that stuff.
It was not a physical loss. It was a mental one.
We played too good to lose like that.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
rams will win a lot of games. I’m not happy with the outcome, but I saw a lot of good things
Not in the first 4 weeks, they'll be fortunate to be 1-3 at that point. Middle and second half of the schedule is more favorable however.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Not in the first 4 weeks, they'll be fortunate to be 1-3 at that point. Middle and second half of the schedule is more favorable however.
They should beat the cards and the bears. They could be 3 and 2 going into the bye. I think that is where most of us were thinking was a realistic record before all the injuries. It's all going to be all right.