GAME DAY Rams at Lions SNF - Game Day Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
rams will win a lot of games. I’m not happy with the outcome, but I saw a lot of good things

TXRams86

The Infamous
Not to pick or anything.....but I really would have liked to have seen Shula call a run blitz or something.....that or mebbe 8 in the box.
Just can't sit there and watch your guys get blasted backward.

~ArkyRamsFan~
No excuse not to. If Goff is gonna beat you with his arm, so be it. But to let them just run the ball down our throat over and over was so infuriating to watch.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
No excuse not to. If Goff is gonna beat you with his arm, so be it. But to let them just run the ball down our throat over and over was so infuriating to watch.
It's the most disrespectful way to lose a gm. Just got bullied the whole drive.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
My only criticism of McVay was the end around inside the one on 2nd down. Give it to Williams again at least once more. You can't run that play to the side of a PS LT who was struggling. A penalty is the one thing you can't do there.

He does seem to have a blind spot when back ups are in. He must really believe in next man up and expects those guys to execute. Saw that last yr in Cincy with Zach Thomas.

TXRams86

The Infamous
It's the most disrespectful way to lose a gm. Just got bullied the whole drive.
This has been the achilles heal of our team the entire McVay era, getting pushed around by physical teams. It's why we struggle so much against the Niners, they run the ball a shit load. We can't shed the "finesse" label.

Jacobarch

Legend
Name
Jake
Different year. Same stuff.

McVay, you've got TWO TALL TEs that could be money for you in the redzone. And one, Allen, has 38 1/2" vertical.:explode1:
Yeah his game plan was questionable. At times I feel like does things in spite of himself

Toothsayer

UDFA
Name
Richard H Stee
They lost a game they should have won. No excuses. Poor play calling and performance the last 2 minutes of the game and OT. On to next week.
Respectfully disagree with the first statement. They were competitive in a game they should have been blown out of. I do agree that the precipitous drop off in OT was shocking. Not sure if it was conditioning.

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
McVay should have never went for it on 4th down in short field goal range early.
He cost us the game IMO.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Didn't know that.....is this the same guy who was Spiderman's mortal enemy?

~ArkyRamsFan~

The very same. Our Fiske is even built like Kingpin; fairly tall and bulky. I thought it was a fitting nickname.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Respectfully disagree with the first statement. They were competitive in a game they should have been blown out of. I do agree that the precipitous drop off in OT was shocking. Not sure if it was conditioning.
Disagreeing is fine. I see it as up 3 with the ball with less than 3 minutes to go. That's a completely winnable game IMO. Poor performance and play calling lead to a quick turn over and too much time on the clock. Example: Williams should have been coached up to stay in bounds instead of running to the sideline to stop the clock in the Lions favor. When the Lions lined up 6 on the front line the Rams failed to set up the right protection for Stafford. Hence he missed the throw to Kupp.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Disagreeing is fine. I see it as up 3 with the ball with less than 3 minutes to go. That's a completely winnable game IMO. Poor performance and play calling lead to a quick turn over and too much time on the clock. Example: Williams should have been coached up to stay in bounds instead of running to the sideline to stop the clock in the Lions favor. When the Lions lined up 6 on the front line the Rams failed to set up the right protection for Stafford. Hence he missed the throw to Kupp.
Mistakes get made in very game. It’s why it’s not easy to win consistently.

As for strategy, McVay did great neutralizing Amon-Ra and LaPorta.

A healthy Rams team wins that game comfortably. Hopefully the Rams are healthy when they meet in the playoffs.