GAME DAY Rams at Lions SNF - Game Day Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
He is a damn good coach.. but he WILL NOT run the ball in the red zone. Its so bewildering to me.
Well the damn OC needs to step in and be like wtf? If McVay is that type of dude that doesn’t like constructive criticism then that may be a problem.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It feels like this one will be a loss.
Too many mistakes in crucial situations

Spider2YB

Pro Bowler
What stings about that first half is if Kupp hangs on to the 4th down pass and Stafford doesn’t throw that pick we are prob up 13-10 at minimum. Need your best players to play pretty flawlessly when you’ve got this many injuries.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
Lets see what adjustments are made now.
A guy can hope, can't he?

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Didn’t McVay hire a couple of coaches to help keep him on the beam? So he wouldn’t abandon the run game?

And where the hell is LaFleur? His mic not working? Geez…

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
This is about as good as it can get when both your starting OTs are out vs two good edge rushers. Offense has focused on quick distribution of the ball and some timely runs. Well done McVay.

Difference in the game is a Kupp drop on 4th down. If he catches that the first half probably feels completely different.

Going into this game I felt a defensive struggle is the best game type for us to steal a win. This is because I knew our backup OTs would get destroyed.

That said, props to McClendon on holding up better than Joe Noteboom, especially given that he was drawing the far harder matchup in Hutch.

Now that Boom is out and Hutch is over LT the game is over. We aren't gonna be able to sustain drives with that dude beating Stafford's ass on three step drops.

Props to the defense for playing with good intensity and showing the team tackling we saw in preseason. I really like this defense. Just a shame our OL is a fucking shambles.

Wish I could say I was surprised. Well actually I can. I am surprised we are in this game. And if the defense can shut them down maybe we can pull out a win when Goff fucks up. But that's a longshot. Extreme longshot. Detroit will pull away in the second half.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Different year. Same stuff.

McVay, you've got TWO TALL TEs that could be money for you in the redzone. And one, Allen, has 38 1/2" vertical.:explode1:

Last edited:

sloramfan

Starter
that first half was a rough watch...

injuries...

we need some help in this one... detroit looks like the better team... i hate to admit that

coach and QB, please come up with a plan...

2cd half comeback upcoming...

go rams

slo

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Like McVay said…… there’s a second-half to play. Let’s hope they can sort out the offensive line during halftime. or we’ll have to go to a short game. In the grand scheme of things considering everything that’s not too bad after the first half against a team that’s supposed to be a Super Bowl contender.

Varg6

Starter
Name
Jake
I was surprised to see Ronnie Rivers running over Kyren and Corum.

I was surprised to see Johnson over Whittington.

This was a very strange first half.

Defense has shown flashes. Game ain't over, but I'm not optimistic. Defense really needs to make a statement coming out of the first half.

Spider2YB

Pro Bowler
This is all setup for a come from behind win. Stafford’s done it a million times in that building. Let’s go take this fucker.

Ramlife

Rookie
Name
Bill
Well the damn OC needs to step in and be like wtf? If McVay is that type of dude that doesn’t like constructive criticism then that may be a problem.
I go back to the opening drive of the Raven game last season. Im sure you know what im talking about, its horseshit playcalling.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Stafford throws a dumbass pass...
I'm a bit irritated by Robinson on that pass. He jumped and waited that ball in, instead of changing direction and fighting for it. I guarantee if that was Kupp or Nacua that pass is either knocked down or maybe even goes for a TD.

So yeah the INT is on Stafford. But also it's hard to blame him for giving his WR a chance for a TD when he's got Hutch in his grill in 1.4 seconds after the snap.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
9 rushing plays

26 passing plays

WTF is this?
yep. should have been running the ball more. Maybe the tackle waiting to be an injury isn't out. Last year they were at their best when they ran the ball and they come out with a depleted Oline and pass pass pass. Now they will have to pass to try and catch up. I would love to know what it was that McVay knows that caused him to come out in a spread offense.