Raheem Morris discussion thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
I don't know. Rams have many more 1st downs this season 131 to 116 than their opponents. Rams have run 40 more splays than their opponents this season in 7 games. Rams have converted 4% more of their 3rd downs. Rams have a 2 minute time of possession advantage thru 7 games.

Turnovers, Sacks of Stafford, and lack of explosive plays seem to be the main problem. Yards per rush, 3.3 vs 4.3 is the other.

In other words it's the Offense

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Great, thank you.

So Rams defense is ACTUALLY 6th in points allowed. (Omitting scores allowed by offense and ST). And the D is 5th in yardage allowed.

Meanwhile, the O is in the bottom 5 in several categories.
Your welcome lmao

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Oh & thank Raheem Morris as well. Plus now it’s his job to make peace with Cam Akers.

Thanks again Raheem Morris

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Let’s just say I might be blocked from Old School.He won poster of the year here on Rod a few years back. He didn’t like the fact I point out a couple of times I was right.

Just an example of this not being one of them,but the truth is Old School in this post admits Raheem Morris can dial up a pass rush when he has the personnel.

So if he was one of The Raheem Morris Haters & not being able to admit they(he) was wrong last season about him as a DC. I have to question why The Rams won The Superbowl?

Anyway - I get frustrated & upset at times even when The Rams win.I’m just not a Rams hater where I’ll call him out?

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
I call all prevent defenses lose not win defense.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yawn.

Merge.
But with which post? I agree but I'm asking honestly. I feel like merging a shit load and then locking them. In one hand I'm frustrated by the constant bitch fest but on the other, I understand as we are or should be better than this.

We are still a good team and can hit the playoffs with a head of steam.

My thought is to let this go on and hope we have a bunch of posters looking like game day trolls.

What we wouldn't have given to be coming off a Superbowl win just a few years ago after being a virtual laughing stock.

I get it but I don't.

Go RAMS!!!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But with which post? I agree but I'm asking honestly. I feel like merging a shit load and then locking them. In one hand I'm frustrated by the constant bitch fest but on the other, I understand as we are or should be better than this.

My thought is to let this go on and hope we have a bunch of posters looking like game day trolls.

What we wouldn't have given to be coming off a Superbowl win just a few years ago after being a virtual laughing stock.

I get it but I don't.

Go RAMS!!!
This is essentially the same thread as the Raheem Morris discussion one

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Feels more like bend, become hyper-extended, but not break.

News flash, Morris - you can be injured without sustaining a fracture. And that is what is happening here because his soft system is hurting the Rams even if doing well in terms of not conceding explosive plays. The defense has not been good enough and, in particular, is playing way too soft. The offense has been worse IMO.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped

I get it but I don't.

Go RAMS!!!
The Raheem Morris Discussion Thread.

brucebruce

Rookie
lol at the thread police. it's a specific article so it deserves its own thread.

if you dont like it, dont open it, dont post in it and stop bumping it to the top. get some fresh air and take break from ROD...you might be a bit happier.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
lol at the thread police. it's a specific article so it deserves its own thread.

if you dont like it, dont open it, dont post in it and stop bumping it to the top. get some fresh air and take break from ROD...you might be a bit happier.
Soooo… you’re policing the people you’re calling police?
New article, same conversation.
Just an opinion and, guess what, you can ignore it too!!! Yay!!!

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
So if he was one of The Raheem Morris Haters & not being able to admit they(he) was wrong last season about him as a DC. I have to question why The Rams won The Superbowl?

I don't think most people in here hate Morris. But the question is whether we won because of Morris or in spite of?

It seemed like Morris got more aggressive in the playoffs, which was effective. Which begs the question of why aren't we sticking to being more aggressive?

Even if you play soft, the pre-snap look on defense can look aggressive.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I don't think most people in here hate Morris. But the question is whether we won because of Morris or in spite of?

It seemed like Morris got more aggressive in the playoffs, which was effective. Which begs the question of why aren't we sticking to being more aggressive?

Even if you play soft, the pre-snap look on defense can look aggressive.
And even if it looks like you’re playing soft, you can be playing aggressive. Depends on your post snap plan. Pattern match? Zone? Are you cranking down or dropping back?

And, yeah… he’s calling a defense based on his personnel.