Raheem Morris discussion thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

oldnotdead

Legend
We all saw how good this defensive unit could be. Why is it suddenly unreasonable to expect at least a semblance of that level of play? The only real change this season was Morris and his I'm scared as shit defensive scheme. People are now beginning to understand why I harp on scheme fit. Maybe Morris' scheme works with marginal players. But he's got elite level talent on this defensive and he is showing he doesn't know what the fuck he's doing.

If he continues to call such a piss poor game he's going to lose not just the fan base support but the players as well. The best player in the secondary yelling at him is perhaps a symptom of what is brewing in that locker room. IMO Ramsey might start an internal revolution and tell his teammates enough is enough and to return to play how they did with Staley.

Ultimately Snead and Kronke might have to step in here as they see this guy undoing all their work to bring in elite talent only to be squandered.

Absolutely Morris is not the only problem. Stafford is obviously hurt. His passes lack the velocity and accuracy he normally throws with. Also I think his emotional marital baggage is adding to his poor play. Stafford giveth and Stafford taketh away. Take away his turnovers and the points given up because of him and this team might have been in the TN and SF debacles. It doesn't end there. McVay needs to take the points when he can. Going for it on 4th and 8 was completely stupid. It's not the first time he's done something like that. McVay needs to get his own head right.

1. Stafford can't throw deep right now so McVay must structure his offense accordingly. He must find out what is wrong with Matt.
2. Morris must change how he plays the defense or resign.
2A. Kronke and Snead must force McVay's hand and make Morris change or resign.

The solutions to the Ram's problems begin at the top. These are coaching issues and that is where the solution lies. They have two weeks to change up and come out with a different team.

Last edited:

TexasRam

Legend
Not buying the Stafford back is causing the inaccuracy issues.

Watch the games close. It has been happening the whole year. Way before the Cards game.

Watch the Bears game. Behind Woods several times. Thrown into the dirt to Hendo etc etc.

Plus - He has a bad back but is going to throw a bomb to OBJ on our first possession? Get outa here. Not buying it.

Been going on all year. Some of you are reeling, trying to find anything to grasp onto to cover for some idol you made him into.

He's a smart QB that makes good calls, throws a good deep ball and does some veteran things with his eyes and body language. He also can get hot at times.

But he is not a consistently accurate top tier QB. Never was. It shows up every week.

We just need him on fire in the playoffs though. This Oline is going to give him a chance and the WR/TEs need to be at their best to.

Not to mention our boy Mcvay.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I was glad to see Ramsey show some fire and passion, on the sideline. I don't blame him for being pissed. Morris has got this defense playing to passive, like a bunch of school girls, not like the men and football players, they are! McVay may lose this team if he does get a grip on things. He has already loss some fans, me for one.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I was glad to see Ramsey show some fire and passion, on the sideline. I don't blame him for being pissed. Morris has got this defense playing to passive, like a bunch of school girls, not like the men and football players, they are! McVay may lose this team if he does get a grip on things. He has already loss some fans, me for one.

McVay hasn't lost me, but he definitely needs to crack down on Morris and flat out order him to make changes to his approach. Morris was gifted a D with two generational talents in Donald and Ramsey, both easy first ballot HOFers (I'm not including Miller right now because he hasn't been fully integrated). How many defenses around the league have even one of these types? To have two is very rare, but it also reduces the margin for error for a DC. This D finished #1 in the league last year and routinely got off the field on 3rd down, something they have struggled with mightily this year. While I miss Brockers, JJ, Fox, and Hill, their losses can't explain the decline. Scheme, playcalling, and personnel decisions can explain it, and it definitely explains the debacle Monday night.

Oh, has anyone else begun to think that the absence of Terrell Burgess is another bonehead decision by Morris rather than a reflection of Burgess himself? With the play of Long and Rochelle's predictable rookie struggles, it's hard for me to fathom that Burgess can't even get a look.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

LMAO - gosh I love it.

Then again is it if he does or doesn’t.just wan to be clear.

I love me some Raheem Morris.I do like the fire in RAMsey.

I think some around town don’t appreciate The Love I have for DD21.
Have to go bring up an old post now.
Thanks wishing Mcvay the best in 2021. Got to get a cheers out to Raheem Morris though for making plans to be The Rams DC for years to come.Never thought though he could leave without comp picks.There was a rumor he could be going the college route ?

Anyone who hasn’t seen Von Miller’s interview I thought it makes the feeling of the defense exciting.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
i maybe wrong but i wonder if never promoting from inside has some position coaches pissed off. i know being passed over can be upsetting. i am probably wrong but i can't help but wonder if that could be part of the problem.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
Doesn't matter how they got to 7 wins. Firing a defensive coordinator mid season at 7-3 would be viewed as knee jerk and desperate. I just don't see it happening.

I'm not saying I don't want a change there. I'm saying I don't think they will fire him until after the season. It doesn't matter what the fans want.
Absolutely disagree. It is taking decisive action to try and right a wrong. Morris is lousy and you all know it. A team should not regress this much from #1 to bottom third in the league. We did not lose that many players you can see with your very own eyes especially on that first 94 yard drive by SF and by Garropollo's half time stats 8-8 passing and 5-5 on third downs he was 18-21 I think for the rest of the game that indicates the D was terrible. We should have rolled them with all their injuries.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
This firing Morris stuff is just so silly.

So, McVay hired him in the offseason.. and you want McVay to pick the next guy? Now? From what options?

I'm sorry, but I'm just not letting up on the fact that this defense is more McVay's than Morris'. He brought Morris in to try to run Staley's D, for the most part.

The Rams had lost 4 in a row to the 9ers... do you really think McVay wasn't giving Morris a ton of input? Seeing as he's watched those ass kickings in person and Morris wasn't around?

Come on guys.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
Another point. It took Staley 4 games for the D to figure out his scheming to be able to execute it.

Morris has had over double the amount of games that Staley did to teach his scheme and supposedly his scheme wasn't new and was similar to Staley's so why we so bad on D? The reason is simply Morris it is the same as the difference from Fischer to McVay, McVay was a way better coach.

Morris is a cancer and must go if the Rams want to make it to the Superbowl. You can't keep a cancer around and expect different results. We can beat crap teams but this D under Morris will lose in the playoffs.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
Rams will bounce back. Chief fans were saying the same about Spags early. Rams are just in a funk right now. Tampa Bay isn't playing any better.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Another point. It took Staley 4 games for the D to figure out his scheming to be able to execute it.

Morris has had over double the amount of games that Staley did to teach his scheme and supposedly his scheme wasn't new and was similar to Staley's so why we so bad on D? The reason is simply Morris it is the same as the difference from Fischer to McVay, McVay was a way better coach.

Morris is a cancer and must go if the Rams want to make it to the Superbowl. You can't keep a cancer around and expect different results. We can beat crap teams but this D under Morris will lose in the playoffs.
The Rams lost twice to the 9ers last year. With Staley.
Guess what they had both times? McVay as HC.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Rams will bounce back. Chief fans were saying the same about Spags early. Rams are just in a funk right now. Tampa Bay isn't playing any better.
The difference I think is that Spags has demonstrated an ability to field a top defense when he's got the pieces he needs. To relate this to this specific thread and use Tampa as an example their defense was the same last year. They got hot at the end of the season and rode through the playoffs.

But Todd Bowles is a guy I have respected for years. He's fielded nasty defenses for years and his blitz packages are unpredictable and effective. The guy put on a clinic once he got that defense rolling last year.

Whereas Morris is a guy who came up in Cover 2, has some Cover 3 seasoning too and all that but has never really distinguished himself. Watch some Atlanta defense from 2020 and you'll see a ton of similarities to what is driving us batshit this season.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I've been tremendously let down by David Long Jr and Burgess.
The Rams are getting absolutely nothing from those guys and they very much need it.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Morris fucking blows as a D coordinator. I get there aren't options mid season, but get rid of his ass once the season is over. Hopefully he changes everyone's mind but I highly highly doubt it.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I've been tremendously let down by David Long Jr and Burgess.
The Rams are getting absolutely nothing from those guys and they very much need it.

In Burgess's case though, is it because he's not performing or because Morris is just not giving him a chance? Have we seen much of him this year? We've seen plenty of Long and know he doesn't have the goods.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I'm old enough to remember Deebo running through D Williams arm tackles... not Ramsey's... on a crucial, crucial third down last year.

How's Staley this year, guys?

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
In Burgess's case though, is it because he's not performing or because Morris is just not giving him a chance? Have we seen much of him this year? We've seen plenty of Long and know he doesn't have the goods.
I don't know.
But, why wouldn't Morris give him a chance if he can play or has shown it in practice?