VENT Official Vent Thread - Will be taken down in 24 hours

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spider2YB

Pro Bowler
Feels kinda over-reactionary
I’m not advocating for it but I think it’s definitely on the table. Is it likely? No. Would I be stunned? No.

The only way I think it happens is the injury situation gets so bad that we just aren’t capable of fielding a competitive football team and the losses just pile up. That Bears, Packers, Vikings, Raiders stretch will tell a lot. If we emerge from that stretch and are essentially out of playoff contention, I could see it being tossed around. Especially if a QB starved team like the Raiders or Steelers or Browns get really desperate. And maybe it’s not Stafford, maybe it’s other pieces.

Spider2YB

Pro Bowler
Have you considered the salary cap ramifications?
Yeah it would be $37M in dead cap in 2025. But my whole thing is…you only trade Stafford if you know 2025 is a full rebuilding year. And in that case the dead cap hit isn’t as punitive. Especially if you draft a quarterback and are paying rookie wages.

Again it’s not likely, but if things get bad, and if Kupp begins to look washed or he can’t stay healthy…there will be some AFC teams in the playoff mix that would be willing to part with substantial draft capital for Stafford.

LOURam85

Rookie
Yeah it would be $37M in dead cap in 2025. But my whole thing is…you only trade Stafford if you know 2025 is a full rebuilding year. And in that case the dead cap hit isn’t as punitive. Especially if you draft a quarterback and are paying rookie wages.

Again it’s not likely, but if things get bad, and if Kupp begins to look washed or he can’t stay healthy…there will be some AFC teams in the playoff mix that would be willing to part with substantial draft capital for Stafford.
Depending on how long kupp is out I could definitely see them moving on from him .. He’s great but he can’t help if he’s always on the bench

Jacobarch

Legend
Name
Jake
Was a tough watch for about two quarters. Then we switched it to RedZone. Seems like mcvay has one or two games a season where they don't show up. I'm calling this a bad day. Time to dig deep.

Toothsayer

UDFA
Name
Richard H Stee
Things started off so well. My friends fed me the best bbq shredded pork I've ever had. Homemade apple pie with hand-whipped chantilly cream. All while drifting in a lovely haze of Matanuska Thunderfuck.....

I kept quiet during The Whiner game, not wanting to irk the Football Gods. I allowed myself a little schadenfreude giggle after The Lions lost to TB. Then I got carried away & actually cheered for The Pats in overtime . I feel dirty and responsible for the whole damned clusterfudge of it all....
fast.jpeg

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not much else to say about this beat down. I had a weird feeling this week , that we could start be 0-2. Now 0-3 looks more likely than not. 3 straight away games to start the season is tough for any team. And yes I know it’s a home game next week , but we all know what color the crowd will be. Dammit

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Well at least we get Alaric back next week.

The only good thing I have to say after this game.

And why did McVay go into this year thinking Rozeboom and Reeder were a good thing.

I even said before the year that if we lose Jones that we are screwed. And then we traded him.

But even Jones would not have helped much today.
Trading Jones looking like a dumb ass mistake. Its obvious Rozeboom and Reeder are no good and should be bench warmers.

DeaconJones

Rookie
This game triggered St Louis Ram flashbacks to the 2007-2009 period, i.e. bad. I wonder which LT we should be more angry with- Arcuri for week 1, McClendon for week 2, or Alaric Jackson for causing this mess in the first place? Arcuri and McClendon did their best I presume.

The D was disappointing across the board, but I'll try and focus on Verse's wicked punch out, Fiske's ball recovery and Turner's sack.

The red zone O was not very creative. Nice to see Corum get some snaps.

I hope we are healthy for the rematch with Cards - and that late in the season they are back in self-destruct mode like past years.

LOURam85

Rookie
We need more blue chip players on each side of ball.., Tre white is toast injuries took a toll case been toast last 2 weeks looking like we shoulda took a cb instead of corum or Fiske … we need a top tier X receiver and we need to stop the run give the green dot to lake or curl and start hammel and speightd can’t be worst then other 2

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
So much money is on the offense. After Stafford and Kupp the next four contracts are offensive linemen(Havenstein, Jackson, Dotson, Noteboom). So team had high hopes for the line. But injuries have wrecked that unit. Even before that though, they seemed a bit unsettled...switching Avilla and Jackson at the last minute.

I think they NEEDED the offense to be great. I think they expected the defense to struggle but grow.

It isn't working out according to plan.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Healthy, I think we can compete with anyone.

With devastated health, we’re barely an NFL team

This feels now like 2022 where we’re lucky to win 5 games and the whole season is roster juggling
Kinda how I feel today man. With the OL and WR injuries I expected to struggle. What I didn't think is the D would be this bad (at least so far). Can only hope they get better as the season goes on.
But I've never seen a team have this many injuries and to key players so early in the season. Sigh.

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
Difficult to understand McVay's vision for the team this year. Two weeks in and the team is an injury disaster. No pre season action.

Status
Not open for further replies.